to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:18 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil53 View Post
I like the idea of this thread. So here goes. I recently damaged (beyond repair) the cowl and canopy on my beloved Yellow 68" Velox. As they are both unavailable, at least so far, I am hoping that A). They will be back in stock sometime or B). The "revamped" Velox (I truly believe there will be one) will feature both items in a color and fit that I can use.

Any insights out there? KM?

Thanks.
I will need to check on parts orders.

Revamped Velox will have a brand new scheme, that wont match the original scheme airframe (the canopy and cowl on the new scheme has me completely excited).
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:20 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post

Revamped Velox will have a brand new scheme, that wont match the original scheme airframe (the canopy and cowl on the new scheme has me completely excited).
When will that velox be available? Sounds nice.

Also, what are the strongpoints of the velox. Is it floaty and good in harriers like the edge? etc.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:20 PM
CHOO CHOO
Northern Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
4,126 Posts
Should have called this thread "The 3DHS Low Down"
6L6Amp is offline Find More Posts by 6L6Amp
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:22 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,179 Posts
its workin though regardless....I know its a change but people will get used to it and think this thread will be super efficient
aronph is online now Find More Posts by aronph
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:23 PM
Almost got it.......
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Apr 2011
27 Posts
Quote:

Thank you KM. In that case, any body out there has either current item stashed in the attic I will gladly take them off your hands for cash money.
neil53 is offline Find More Posts by neil53
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:25 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post

Also, what are the strongpoints of the velox. Is it floaty and good in harriers like the edge? etc.
the secret is... the Velox was pretty much developed to be the "let's not care about being scale and make it as good as we can". It happened to resemble a Velox at the end of it, so there it is (although personally it's only a half dozen line changes away from being an MX2 also). It's performance is pretty remarkable, it's an amazing all-rounder, and a favorite of many. I can't think of anything it's not good at, for throwing down it's just a perfect tool for the job. I would have owned a few by now myself but the plan for a re-scheme has been on the table for a while. I can't wait.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:25 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6Amp View Post
Should have called this thread "The 3DHS Low Down"
yes!
Irg is online now Find More Posts by Irg
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:27 PM
Tyndall AFB FL
Joined Oct 2009
169 Posts
I've got a curiosity questions for you guys. Have any of you ever put a g-meter on one of your planes to see what their pulling?
Pesty351 is offline Find More Posts by Pesty351
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:29 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
the secret is... the Velox was pretty much developed to be the "let's not care about being scale and make it as good as we can". It happened to resemble a Velox at the end of it, so there it is (although personally it's only a half dozen line changes away from being an MX2 also). It's performance is pretty remarkable, it's an amazing all-rounder, and a favorite of many. I can't think of anything it's not good at, for throwing down it's just a perfect tool for the job. I would have owned a few by now myself but the plan for a re-scheme has been on the table for a while. I can't wait.
Cool!
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:31 PM
Almost got it.......
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Apr 2011
27 Posts
Quote:

For my money, one of the finest airframes at this size from 3DHS (or any company). My 71" Slick is majestic, but the Velox is just awesome in every way - floats, tumbles like a maniac and has intense elevator authority for easy harrier and hover. Knife edge is soooo easy.
neil53 is offline Find More Posts by neil53
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:33 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesty351 View Post
I've got a curiosity questions for you guys. Have any of you ever put a g-meter on one of your planes to see what their pulling?
I never have, but I would like to.

We absolutely torture our 3DHS birds out here in AZ. I'm sure we are pulling +/- 10 g's.

If you find a good one, please post its' location. I really want to see the numbers behind a full power blender.

-Buzzed
Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil53 View Post
Thank you KM. In that case, any body out there has either current item stashed in the attic I will gladly take them off your hands for cash money.
hey..i think somebody in the low thread said they had a new one
aronph is online now Find More Posts by aronph
CHOO CHOO
Northern Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
4,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
yes!
"The 3DHS Fly Low Down Low Part I"

Is that too wordy for our target audience?
6L6Amp is offline Find More Posts by 6L6Amp
Norway, Rogaland, Sandnes
Joined Oct 2009
301 Posts
Quote:

I had a 68" which I learned all of the basic 3D maneuvers. It was the plane I learned how to fly. Loved it. It is super stable in harriers. It is also very nimble. Roll rate is awesome and the elevator is very effective making tumbles and KE spins very violent. It has more pitch authority then f.ex the extra but it also isn't as precise. I'd say the Velox is an all out 3D plane while the extra is more balanced toward precision and 3D. The Slick to me is in between but is much closer to the Extra.
awry is offline Find More Posts by awry