HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2012, 09:26 AM
Redwing FTW
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
i can do it alot better in real life than i can on the sim and that frustrates me
That's a sign of a bad simulator.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 09:27 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
If you hold your elevator and rudder inputs too long while rolling to the inside, you will be pushing/pulling the plane right into the ground. In outside rollers, if you hold the inputs too long you simply gain altitude. Inside rollers are more challenging because the inputs need to be more accurate.
Ooh so rolling to the right for learning easier?
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Old May 03, 2012, 09:32 AM
Redwing FTW
Joined Nov 2008
1,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Ooh so rolling to the right for learning easier?
No, not necessarily. Just make sure you are rolling to the outside. So for left rollers, you should start with a clockwise circle, and for right rollers, you should start with a counter clockwise circle.

The reason I started with rolling right and why it remains my dominant roll direction is because my fingers where too short to push the stick all the way left and still add in elevator inputs. The 8fg is a smaller radio though so I am able to do switch rollers and such now.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 09:37 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,171 Posts
Quote:
No, not necessarily. Just make sure you are rolling to the outside. So for left rollers, you should start with a clockwise circle, and for right rollers, you should start with a counter clockwise circle.

The reason I started with rolling right and why it remains my dominant roll direction is because my fingers where too short to push the stick all the way left and still add in elevator inputs. The 8fg is a smaller radio though so I am able to do switch rollers and such now.
Haha thats funny. But thanks for the direction intel. Never thiught about it that way. Im gonna start focussing on torque rolls and inverted harrier right now. My upright harrier i think is coming along ok. Its time to move on with my baby steps
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Old May 03, 2012, 09:43 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
If you hold your elevator and rudder inputs too long while rolling to the inside, you will be pushing/pulling the plane right into the ground. In outside rollers, if you hold the inputs too long you simply gain altitude. Inside rollers are more challenging because the inputs need to be more accurate.
So, in other words, I have skill lol, ill try rolling to the outside now.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old May 03, 2012, 09:44 AM
CHOO CHOO
Northern Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
4,126 Posts
Quote:
6L6Amp is offline Find More Posts by 6L6Amp
Old May 03, 2012, 09:57 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,151 Posts
Quote:
i dont do any better on RF
aronph is online now Find More Posts by aronph
Old May 03, 2012, 09:59 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Suuuuuuuuureeeeeeeeeee
Old May 03, 2012, 10:05 AM
Redwing FTW
Joined Nov 2008
1,423 Posts
Quote:
Have you had extensive time on realflight with quality planes?

I own Phoenix and Realflight and have lots of time on both. The physics for planes on phoenix is horribly bad. I have also talked with many tops pilots and all of them hate phoenix. Of course they are opinions, but they are well educated opinions from pilots with absurd amounts of time with the real thing.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 10:10 AM
Team CJ Youngblood
United States, WV, Wheeling
Joined Jul 2009
1,478 Posts
Quote:

I own Phoenix and Realflight and have lots of time on both. The physics for planes on phoenix is horribly bad. I have also talked with many tops pilots and all of them hate phoenix. Of course they are opinions, but they are well educated opinions from pilots with absurd amounts of time with the real thing.
I agree, I hate Phoenix for planes. Phoenix has better helicopter physics than airplanes.

Realflight has both.
anthony7820 is offline Find More Posts by anthony7820
Old May 03, 2012, 10:12 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,151 Posts
Quote:

i have spent time on RF but not with modified planes...just stock stuff
aronph is online now Find More Posts by aronph
Old May 03, 2012, 10:15 AM
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jun 2009
592 Posts
I love Pheonix it seems I can hover, torque roll, do rolling harriers right and left decently. Comes to the real 89 Slick nothing feels the same! So in other words maybe I hate Pheonix...!?
kygreen229 is offline Find More Posts by kygreen229
Old May 03, 2012, 10:18 AM
Redwing FTW
Joined Nov 2008
1,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygreen229 View Post
I love Pheonix it seems I can hover, torque roll, do rolling harriers right and left decently. Comes to the real 89 Slick nothing feels the same! So in other words maybe I hate Pheonix...!?
In my experience, things don't transfer from phoenix to real life very well. With realflight, things transfer really well. For example, I can't fly through a competition routine to music with phoenix, but I can in realflight and real life.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 10:19 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygreen229 View Post
Or the slick BUT, i don't think that that is possible I just cant get rolling harriers... and I'm still working on pop tops.
Old May 03, 2012, 10:28 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
755 Posts
So I have RF 5.5, which plane flys the most realistically for you Joe? Seems like some are not as good as others.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris