HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 03, 2012, 09:26 AM
Redwing FTW
joesmith285's Avatar
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
i can do it alot better in real life than i can on the sim and that frustrates me
That's a sign of a bad simulator.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 09:27 AM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
If you hold your elevator and rudder inputs too long while rolling to the inside, you will be pushing/pulling the plane right into the ground. In outside rollers, if you hold the inputs too long you simply gain altitude. Inside rollers are more challenging because the inputs need to be more accurate.
Ooh so rolling to the right for learning easier?
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 09:32 AM
Redwing FTW
joesmith285's Avatar
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Ooh so rolling to the right for learning easier?
No, not necessarily. Just make sure you are rolling to the outside. So for left rollers, you should start with a clockwise circle, and for right rollers, you should start with a counter clockwise circle.


The reason I started with rolling right and why it remains my dominant roll direction is because my fingers where too short to push the stick all the way left and still add in elevator inputs. The 8fg is a smaller radio though so I am able to do switch rollers and such now.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 09:37 AM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
No, not necessarily. Just make sure you are rolling to the outside. So for left rollers, you should start with a clockwise circle, and for right rollers, you should start with a counter clockwise circle.


The reason I started with rolling right and why it remains my dominant roll direction is because my fingers where too short to push the stick all the way left and still add in elevator inputs. The 8fg is a smaller radio though so I am able to do switch rollers and such now.
Haha thats funny. But thanks for the direction intel. Never thiught about it that way. Im gonna start focussing on torque rolls and inverted harrier right now. My upright harrier i think is coming along ok. Its time to move on with my baby steps
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 09:43 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
If you hold your elevator and rudder inputs too long while rolling to the inside, you will be pushing/pulling the plane right into the ground. In outside rollers, if you hold the inputs too long you simply gain altitude. Inside rollers are more challenging because the inputs need to be more accurate.
So, in other words, I have skill lol, ill try rolling to the outside now.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 09:44 AM
CHOO CHOO
6L6Amp's Avatar
Northern Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
4,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
That's a sign of a bad simulator.
6L6Amp is offline Find More Posts by 6L6Amp
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 09:57 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
aronph's Avatar
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
That's a sign of a bad simulator.
i dont do any better on RF
aronph is online now Find More Posts by aronph
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 09:59 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
i dont do any better on RF
Suuuuuuuuureeeeeeeeeee
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 10:05 AM
Redwing FTW
joesmith285's Avatar
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
i dont do any better on RF
Have you had extensive time on realflight with quality planes?


I own Phoenix and Realflight and have lots of time on both. The physics for planes on phoenix is horribly bad. I have also talked with many tops pilots and all of them hate phoenix. Of course they are opinions, but they are well educated opinions from pilots with absurd amounts of time with the real thing.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 10:10 AM
Team CJ Youngblood
anthony7820's Avatar
United States, WV, Wheeling
Joined Jul 2009
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
Have you had extensive time on realflight with quality planes?


I own Phoenix and Realflight and have lots of time on both. The physics for planes on phoenix is horribly bad. I have also talked with many tops pilots and all of them hate phoenix. Of course they are opinions, but they are well educated opinions from pilots with absurd amounts of time with the real thing.
I agree, I hate Phoenix for planes. Phoenix has better helicopter physics than airplanes.

Realflight has both.
anthony7820 is offline Find More Posts by anthony7820
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 10:12 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
aronph's Avatar
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
Have you had extensive time on realflight with quality planes?


I own Phoenix and Realflight and have lots of time on both. The physics for planes on phoenix is horribly bad. I have also talked with many tops pilots and all of them hate phoenix. Of course they are opinions, but they are well educated opinions from pilots with absurd amounts of time with the real thing.
i have spent time on RF but not with modified planes...just stock stuff
aronph is online now Find More Posts by aronph
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 10:15 AM
Registered User
kygreen229's Avatar
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jun 2009
592 Posts
I love Pheonix it seems I can hover, torque roll, do rolling harriers right and left decently. Comes to the real 89 Slick nothing feels the same! So in other words maybe I hate Pheonix...!?
kygreen229 is offline Find More Posts by kygreen229
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 10:18 AM
Redwing FTW
joesmith285's Avatar
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygreen229 View Post
I love Pheonix it seems I can hover, torque roll, do rolling harriers right and left decently. Comes to the real 89 Slick nothing feels the same! So in other words maybe I hate Pheonix...!?
In my experience, things don't transfer from phoenix to real life very well. With realflight, things transfer really well. For example, I can't fly through a competition routine to music with phoenix, but I can in realflight and real life.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 10:19 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygreen229 View Post
I love Pheonix it seems I can hover, torque roll, do rolling harriers right and left decently. Comes to the real 89 Slick nothing feels the same! So in other words maybe I hate Pheonix...!?
Or the slick BUT, i don't think that that is possible I just cant get rolling harriers... and I'm still working on pop tops.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 10:28 AM
Hardrock Miner
jacklegchris's Avatar
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
755 Posts
So I have RF 5.5, which plane flys the most realistically for you Joe? Seems like some are not as good as others.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Racing Boats - Electric 12728 Today 06:39 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1115 Aug 15, 2014 01:15 PM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 95 Feb 14, 2013 08:36 AM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 17, 2009 11:23 PM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 12:09 AM