to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:28 PM
United States, MD, Glen Burnie
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
lucky you. i paid deposit and ill be having mine only in about a month... >.<
why so long from now? when did you order it? oh wait nevermind now i kinda understand why
VENOMiTry is offline Find More Posts by VENOMiTry
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:30 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOMiTry View Post
yea it came from some place in PA and i live only an hour away so they shipped it out yesterday and it got to my house around 1:00pm. i like the red also but everyone at my field has red so i want to be different hope you get yours soon
thanks, nice that you live so close! I'd be in trouble if I lived that close.

No one at my field has a 71" Slick but CRFan1 is a buddy who is nearby and he has an orange one, so I got a red one for if/when we ever fly together.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:31 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
yea it came from some place in PA and i live only an hour away so they shipped it out yesterday and it got to my house around 1:00pm. i like the red also but everyone at my field has red so i want to be different hope you get yours soon
yea that some place is 3dhs, extreme rc hobbies in quarryville is only like 5-10min of away from the actual 3dhs warehouse so extreme rc hobbies basically is 3dhs, its really a place to display there planes and where to buy them. They have pictures but there website hasent been working for the past month. (o and this what i heard so idk if i am correct about this info)

I have been there twice.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:35 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
why so long from now? when did you order it? oh wait nevermind now i kinda understand why
because i dont want to double the airframe price due to shipping to order from adc but globalrc will be getting them only in middle of may... well anyway ill get in the air maybe in june-july... for now i have only servos..
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:35 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
thanks, nice that you live so close! I'd be in trouble if I lived that close.

No one at my field has a 71" Slick but CRFan1 is a buddy who is nearby and he has an orange one, so I got a red one for if/when we ever fly together.
it would be cool to see all the different 70", 71" color schemes hovering together
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:37 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
because i dont want to double the airframe price due to shipping to order from adc but globalrc will be getting them only in middle of may... well anyway ill get in the air maybe in june-july... for now i have only servos..
thats what i have to do buy it peice by peice or else i will by a smaller plane and complete it
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:40 PM
United States, MD, Glen Burnie
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
yea that some place is 3dhs, extreme rc hobbies in quarryville is only like 5-10min of away from the actual 3dhs warehouse so extreme rc hobbies basically is 3dhs, its really a place to display there planes and where to buy them. They have pictures but there website hasent been working for the past month. (o and this what i heard so idk if i am correct about this info)

I have been there twice.
yea i didnt know thanks for the info. but that worries me cause if i go to pa ill probably buy one of each plane they have
VENOMiTry is offline Find More Posts by VENOMiTry
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:46 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
haha, yea that would be nice they have a orange 89 hanging from the ceiling (i think its na 89?) and another hanging the all the rest are hanging all the wya around the back wall from small to big.

if you call them ask them whats up with there website if not i am gonna call later.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:48 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Quote:

I have been there twice.
I'm in Philly today and tomorrow actually. I wish I had time to get over there but it's not going to happen.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:50 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I'm in Philly today and tomorrow actually. I wish I had time to get over there but it's not going to happen.
what are you doing in philly?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:51 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
thats what i have to do buy it peice by peice or else i will by a smaller plane and complete it
yeah, and next month, a wing for 57", swapping out tail servos for 57", maybe some stuff for a 4x" (i already have 2 spare motors, shame to leave them homeless) or some stuff for byper... i want a crack yak, motor or esc for telink slick...than rest of the price of 71" eeh... not even sure i can afford all that..
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:54 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Quote:
what are you doing in philly?
I'm here for work. I work for FMC and the big boss is here... Had a meeting with him this morning and I have a few other meetings tomorrow then I'm heading back home.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:54 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Cool, i dream about having tons of stuff i cant afford also
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:56 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,309 Posts
Maidened a new plane of mine today but i am getting a weird prop noise when i pop the throttle in a hover. Its higher pitched in person but you can hear it in the video, its only when i pop it between 50-75% throttle and it doesnt happen if i roll on the throttle.

Prop noise (0 min 39 sec)
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102