SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:25 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOMiTry View Post
can you use a y harness to connect a regulator to a reciever that has the 2 connecters that plug into the reciever?
plug the two plugs into unused channels on the receiver, use y-harnesses as necessary if the receiver is already full of plugs... the two plugs are to make sure that all the power doesn't flow through a single servo plug which is limited to about 3 amps.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:09 PM
Righteous 87
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jun 2009
1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
plug the two plugs into unused channels on the receiver, use y-harnesses as necessary if the receiver is already full of plugs... the two plugs are to make sure that all the power doesn't flow through a single servo plug which is limited to about 3 amps.
I wonder when someone is going to start making receivers with a higher amperage connector "such as a Deans" built in for the bigger planes.
Randidly is offline Find More Posts by Randidly
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:12 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,871 Posts
Sounds like your retirement ticket... Get on it!!
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:22 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,179 Posts
+1.
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:45 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
Ok, this confuses me a little...

If the Regulator has 2 plugs and you put that into a Y that terminates in a Single Plug, then aren't we defeating the load sharing design using two plugs? Which means more than 3A would be passing through a Single Receiver Port? That can't be right, so.....

I think what you are really saying is, (for example), put a Y on the Rudder Port so that it feeds the Rudder Servo and accepts one of the Regulators leads? If necessary, (for example), also put a Y on the Elevator Port to allow connection of the 2nd Regulator lead. Guessing this is what you really mean?
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:28 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post
I wonder when someone is going to start making receivers with a higher amperage connector "such as a Deans" built in for the bigger planes.
If you fly spektrum, there are a bunch that have high amperage power leads directly into the receiver. No idea if there are options from the inferior brands

Below are just a few of them:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...iver-SPMAR9110

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...air-SPMAR12100

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...iver-SPMAR9210
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:10 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
If you fly spektrum, there are a bunch that have high amperage power leads directly into the receiver. No idea if there are options from the inferior brands

Below are just a few of them:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...iver-SPMAR9110

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...air-SPMAR12100

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...iver-SPMAR9210
Niiiiiiice! !!!!!!
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:14 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Ok, this confuses me a little...

If the Regulator has 2 plugs and you put that into a Y that terminates in a Single Plug, then aren't we defeating the load sharing design using two plugs? Which means more than 3A would be passing through a Single Receiver Port? That can't be right, so.....

I think what you are really saying is, (for example), put a Y on the Rudder Port so that it feeds the Rudder Servo and accepts one of the Regulators leads? If necessary, (for example), also put a Y on the Elevator Port to allow connection of the 2nd Regulator lead. Guessing this is what you really mean?

the Y isn't to bring the two connectors into one lead... it's to let you plug into another channel. Pull a plug of a servo out of the receiver, and plug that into the female of the Y, then plug a BEC wire into the other side of the Y, plug the male of the Y into the receiver where you pulled the servo out from.

...then do the same with the other plug from the BEC. This way you're not bottlenecking the power of the BEC through the one plug.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:16 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post
yup, but it's not all that hard to do if you're comfy enough with a little soldering... just need to solder a better pigtail into the servo bus. I did this with one of my receivers...

...servo bus are usually pins that are easy to solder to, put a hole through the Rx case big enough to get the wires through, solder them to the servo bus and you're good to go. I also bolstered the servo bus with a little extra wire, but not really needed.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1566
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:37 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Hey firey fate if you do sell any of ur 41" edges post the link on here so i can see it or pm if you decide to sell them.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:23 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,486 Posts
I just saw a NP video that featured many of the vendors at Wram, and one of the planes featured was 3DHS and what appeared to be a prototype Vyper bipe. A cool feature was that the wings are held with super strong magnets. It looked like it took two people to pull them apart, so they seemed at least as strong as wing screws. Pretty cool.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:30 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,486 Posts
Here is the bipe video...go to about 4:15
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:41 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
Hey firey fate if you do sell any of ur 41" edges post the link on here so i can see it or pm if you decide to sell them.
Will do. I'm definitely considering letting go of the NIB Orange 41... I just am so busy these days I hardly have time to charge batteries so I don't know when I'll get motivated to do it.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:42 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
I just saw a NP video that featured many of the vendors at Wram, and one of the planes featured was 3DHS and what appeared to be a prototype Vyper bipe. A cool feature was that the wings are held with super strong magnets. It looked like it took two people to pull them apart, so they seemed at least as strong as wing screws. Pretty cool.
Uh, there is a whole thread about it with several videos and a TON of pictures.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:10 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Ok whats NIB? I dont wanna google it does your orange 41" have all the gear in it?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface