New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:25 PM
theKM is offline
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOMiTry View Post
can you use a y harness to connect a regulator to a reciever that has the 2 connecters that plug into the reciever?
plug the two plugs into unused channels on the receiver, use y-harnesses as necessary if the receiver is already full of plugs... the two plugs are to make sure that all the power doesn't flow through a single servo plug which is limited to about 3 amps.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:09 PM
Randidly is offline
Find More Posts by Randidly
Righteous 87
Randidly's Avatar
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jun 2009
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
plug the two plugs into unused channels on the receiver, use y-harnesses as necessary if the receiver is already full of plugs... the two plugs are to make sure that all the power doesn't flow through a single servo plug which is limited to about 3 amps.
I wonder when someone is going to start making receivers with a higher amperage connector "such as a Deans" built in for the bigger planes.
Randidly is offline Find More Posts by Randidly
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:12 PM
quadracer is online now
Find More Posts by quadracer
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
4,416 Posts
Sounds like your retirement ticket... Get on it!!
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:22 PM
aronph is online now
Find More Posts by aronph
TEAM HILLBILLY
aronph's Avatar
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,283 Posts
+1.
aronph is online now Find More Posts by aronph
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:45 PM
heritageflyer is offline
Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
14,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
plug the two plugs into unused channels on the receiver, use y-harnesses as necessary if the receiver is already full of plugs... the two plugs are to make sure that all the power doesn't flow through a single servo plug which is limited to about 3 amps.
Ok, this confuses me a little...

If the Regulator has 2 plugs and you put that into a Y that terminates in a Single Plug, then aren't we defeating the load sharing design using two plugs? Which means more than 3A would be passing through a Single Receiver Port? That can't be right, so.....

I think what you are really saying is, (for example), put a Y on the Rudder Port so that it feeds the Rudder Servo and accepts one of the Regulators leads? If necessary, (for example), also put a Y on the Elevator Port to allow connection of the 2nd Regulator lead. Guessing this is what you really mean?
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:28 PM
Daloaf is offline
Find More Posts by Daloaf
Aerial Abstract Art
Daloaf's Avatar
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post
I wonder when someone is going to start making receivers with a higher amperage connector "such as a Deans" built in for the bigger planes.
If you fly spektrum, there are a bunch that have high amperage power leads directly into the receiver. No idea if there are options from the inferior brands

Below are just a few of them:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...iver-SPMAR9110

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...air-SPMAR12100

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...iver-SPMAR9210
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:10 PM
keithy4129 is offline
Find More Posts by keithy4129
Registered User
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
If you fly spektrum, there are a bunch that have high amperage power leads directly into the receiver. No idea if there are options from the inferior brands

Below are just a few of them:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...iver-SPMAR9110

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...air-SPMAR12100

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...iver-SPMAR9210
Niiiiiiice! !!!!!!
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:14 PM
theKM is offline
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Ok, this confuses me a little...

If the Regulator has 2 plugs and you put that into a Y that terminates in a Single Plug, then aren't we defeating the load sharing design using two plugs? Which means more than 3A would be passing through a Single Receiver Port? That can't be right, so.....

I think what you are really saying is, (for example), put a Y on the Rudder Port so that it feeds the Rudder Servo and accepts one of the Regulators leads? If necessary, (for example), also put a Y on the Elevator Port to allow connection of the 2nd Regulator lead. Guessing this is what you really mean?

the Y isn't to bring the two connectors into one lead... it's to let you plug into another channel. Pull a plug of a servo out of the receiver, and plug that into the female of the Y, then plug a BEC wire into the other side of the Y, plug the male of the Y into the receiver where you pulled the servo out from.

...then do the same with the other plug from the BEC. This way you're not bottlenecking the power of the BEC through the one plug.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:16 PM
theKM is offline
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post
I wonder when someone is going to start making receivers with a higher amperage connector "such as a Deans" built in for the bigger planes.
yup, but it's not all that hard to do if you're comfy enough with a little soldering... just need to solder a better pigtail into the servo bus. I did this with one of my receivers...



...servo bus are usually pins that are easy to solder to, put a hole through the Rx case big enough to get the wires through, solder them to the servo bus and you're good to go. I also bolstered the servo bus with a little extra wire, but not really needed.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1566
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:37 PM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Hey firey fate if you do sell any of ur 41" edges post the link on here so i can see it or pm if you decide to sell them.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:23 PM
7oneWo1f is online now
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Fly 3D airplanes!
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,652 Posts
I just saw a NP video that featured many of the vendors at Wram, and one of the planes featured was 3DHS and what appeared to be a prototype Vyper bipe. A cool feature was that the wings are held with super strong magnets. It looked like it took two people to pull them apart, so they seemed at least as strong as wing screws. Pretty cool.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:30 PM
7oneWo1f is online now
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Fly 3D airplanes!
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,652 Posts
Here is the bipe video...go to about 4:15
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:41 PM
FireyFate is offline
Find More Posts by FireyFate
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
Hey firey fate if you do sell any of ur 41" edges post the link on here so i can see it or pm if you decide to sell them.
Will do. I'm definitely considering letting go of the NIB Orange 41... I just am so busy these days I hardly have time to charge batteries so I don't know when I'll get motivated to do it.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:42 PM
FireyFate is offline
Find More Posts by FireyFate
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
I just saw a NP video that featured many of the vendors at Wram, and one of the planes featured was 3DHS and what appeared to be a prototype Vyper bipe. A cool feature was that the wings are held with super strong magnets. It looked like it took two people to pull them apart, so they seemed at least as strong as wing screws. Pretty cool.
Uh, there is a whole thread about it with several videos and a TON of pictures.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:10 AM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Ok whats NIB? I dont wanna google it does your orange 41" have all the gear in it?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1130 Apr 17, 2015 08:00 PM
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Racing Boats - Electric 14154 Apr 11, 2015 07:34 PM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 95 Feb 14, 2013 08:36 AM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 17, 2009 11:23 PM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 12:09 AM