HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:24 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,871 Posts
Nah, I've got enough stuff lying around already. My ol lady hates how much RC stuff I have in the spare room. Thanks though!
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:26 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Just asking here, but is it not possible to dedicate a segment of a production line to do nothing but extra Motorboxes once a month? I know we are looking at this from the outside, but it seems a lot of guys are always down for long periods. Stuff happens, and this is usually what it happens to. That and LG, Cowls and Canopys. But I could fly if I had to with my cowl and canopy if I just had an MB.

This is the third time over the life of my 57 SC that I have to wait 2-3 months for a $22 motorbox. That means missing a lot of flying with a plane I have $700 invested in. The Flagship of my current Fleet.

To me, the idea of stocking MB Kits for the planes is what convinced me that 3DHS was the way to go vs others just offering the Whole Fuse.

Two more months for Velox MB's? How much longer for 57 SC MB's? I think some on here have been waiting since December. Our first Fly-In events are starting end of April.

I love everything about all 15 3DHS planes I've bought, owned and flown, but this always bums me out. It's hard to go without your favorite Toy Airplane for 2-3 months at a time.

Of course the Ultimate answer to this is stop crashing. I've really cut that way down, and this one was equipment failure so that makes it even more aggravating not to be able to get it flying again, and I could quickly, if I just had some good wood to put back in it.

Not sure what can be done, but I hope more focus can be put on getting this segment back up to speed on stocking MB Kits. I could fly harder knowing there was always another MB waiting on me around the corner...

No Flame Suit on, it's an honest open question and Inquiring Minds Want To Know!
there's factors that go into all this that have to do with the production side of the operation... but ultimately we know the issue, trying to make changes to get on top of it.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:28 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory.da View Post
Thanks KM, this was the first time I've need parts for any of my 3dhs airplanes and just wasn't sure if I was going through the right channels. Thanks for the update and good to know you did recieved the request. Will the V2 Velox motor boxes fit the V1 Velox? If so, that will be a must have upgrade. Thanks for the response, DG
no worries. I'd be surprised if they didn't fit the original velox... the gear plate change alters the capturing formers to accept the channel, and to provide the holes for the rods to pass through, should be fine. Original 70 Slick can take a new 71 motorbox no worries for example.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:43 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
there's factors that go into all this that have to do with the production side of the operation... but ultimately we know the issue, trying to make changes to get on top of it.
That's awesome to hear, especially since fuses aren't offered on their own anymore.

I think the issue is that the addicts have done too good of a job spreading the word - everything is out of stock now and the factory can't keep up!!! I'm sure that the 3DHS service and quality played a roll too, but please stop spreading the word addicts!
G.P. is online now Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:14 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
all you need is the usb interface and i can send you the disk
It doesn't takea key?!?!?
Park_aviator is online now Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:16 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
It doesn't takea key?!?!?
uh no...dont think so....i sent my disc to joshet89 up in north east jeezus ohio somewhere and he loaded it, updated, then sent me back the disc
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:17 AM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
You cannot operate the sim without a genuine usb dongle so there is no reason to lock down the software.
lammbn is online now Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:21 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
You cannot operate the sim without a genuine usb dongle so there is no reason to lock down the software.
welp....thats the secret then
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:41 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
"dongle emulator"

Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:43 AM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
"dongle emulator"

Where does one find that? Adam&Eve.com, I guess? LOL
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:01 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Where does one find that? Adam&Eve.com, I guess? LOL
I cannot answer that on the grounds that I may incriminate myself.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:05 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
I cannot answer that on the grounds that I may incriminate myself.
You don't live in the U.S....why worry....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:27 AM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
uh no...dont think so....i sent my disc to joshet89 up in north east jeezus ohio somewhere and he loaded it, updated, then sent me back the disc
aronph, any chance you could just make an iso image of the disc and post it to something like the public folder of say a dropbox account? Then everybody that needed it could just download it. Me for example... I have an old Phoenix v1 disc. So every time I reload my pc I have to load v1. Patch to v2, then v2.5, then 3, then up to 4 finally. Pain in the booty. So I would love to have a later version cd.

To make an ISO easily I use this program:
http://www.imgburn.com/
Pretty easy, put disc in, click icon to make ISO, tell it where to save it, then say go.

Dropbox.com is a nice free web-hosting place. If you use their 'public' folder, then others can download it without having a dropbox account, you just send them the public link (right click the item once it's uploaded to your dropbox account's public folder and click the 'copy public link') and they can download it easily. Much easier than sending a disc around...
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:49 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
aronph, any chance you could just make an iso image of the disc and post it to something like the public folder of say a dropbox account? Then everybody that needed it could just download it. Me for example... I have an old Phoenix v1 disc. So every time I reload my pc I have to load v1. Patch to v2, then v2.5, then 3, then up to 4 finally. Pain in the booty. So I would love to have a later version cd.

To make an ISO easily I use this program:
http://www.imgburn.com/
Pretty easy, put disc in, click icon to make ISO, tell it where to save it, then say go.

Dropbox.com is a nice free web-hosting place. If you use their 'public' folder, then others can download it without having a dropbox account, you just send them the public link (right click the item once it's uploaded to your dropbox account's public folder and click the 'copy public link') and they can download it easily. Much easier than sending a disc around...
pretty good idea but my disc is only 2.5...if somebody takes time to do that i think it would be better if the disc was atleast 3.0......every time i have to reload it i have to do the same thing....go from 2.5 to 3 then to 4
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:24 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
HA! was searching trough forums for info about some servos and got this! 'Joe Smith style full-throttle-rolling-whatevers-until-the-end-of-time...'
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts