HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:12 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Time to buy a spare plane, then you will have spare parts....

SteveT
...and everybody wonderes why I snatch up spare parts for the planes i have....
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:15 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,468 Posts
Nope, we don't wonder, we know you need them,,,,

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:40 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Nope, we don't wonder, we know you need them,,,,

SteveT
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:44 PM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
I just want a flippin' Motorbox for my (big) 57 SC!
I'm looking for a motor box kit for my 68" Velox Anyone got an extra?

What's they typical turnaround time for customer service at 3dhs? I phoned them Weds. and Thurs., answering machine said they were busy and do not leave a message, so I emailed them, and haven't heard anything back yet.???
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,593 Posts
That's all I get. I emailed them about some landing gear for my 48 on Monday or Tuesday, still haven't heard anything.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:07 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory.da View Post
I'm looking for a motor box kit for my 68" Velox Anyone got an extra?

What's they typical turnaround time for customer service at 3dhs? I phoned them Weds. and Thurs., answering machine said they were busy and do not leave a message, so I emailed them, and haven't heard anything back yet.???
3dhs is open monday - thursday... banners on the home page, contact page and first page of checkout explained that we were closed mon-wed of last week. Thursday was crazy as a result, sorry that you couldn't get through the gauntlet of callers (the phone system doesn't have an engaged tone). I jumped into email, it was sent at 3:27pm thursday. We get through the emails whenever we can, but your request needs to break open a box to confirm (we could guess, but should check to confirm at least)... so, will most likely get an answer to your email on monday.

Will have motor boxes with the next batch of Veloxes in a few months time, they will be upgraded to the new carbon channel design of gear plate structure.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:17 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,593 Posts
My bad. I checked back through my sent items, and my email was sent thursday. My question is no emergency or anything, just curious what carbon gear would fit the 48 edge best.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:27 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,834 Posts
Just asking here, but is it not possible to dedicate a segment of a production line to do nothing but extra Motorboxes once a month? I know we are looking at this from the outside, but it seems a lot of guys are always down for long periods. Stuff happens, and this is usually what it happens to. That and LG, Cowls and Canopys. But I could fly if I had to with my cowl and canopy if I just had an MB.

This is the third time over the life of my 57 SC that I have to wait 2-3 months for a $22 motorbox. That means missing a lot of flying with a plane I have $700 invested in. The Flagship of my current Fleet.

To me, the idea of stocking MB Kits for the planes is what convinced me that 3DHS was the way to go vs others just offering the Whole Fuse.

Two more months for Velox MB's? How much longer for 57 SC MB's? I think some on here have been waiting since December. Our first Fly-In events are starting end of April.

I love everything about all 15 3DHS planes I've bought, owned and flown, but this always bums me out. It's hard to go without your favorite Toy Airplane for 2-3 months at a time.

Of course the Ultimate answer to this is stop crashing. I've really cut that way down, and this one was equipment failure so that makes it even more aggravating not to be able to get it flying again, and I could quickly, if I just had some good wood to put back in it.

Not sure what can be done, but I hope more focus can be put on getting this segment back up to speed on stocking MB Kits. I could fly harder knowing there was always another MB waiting on me around the corner...

No Flame Suit on, it's an honest open question and Inquiring Minds Want To Know!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Last edited by heritageflyer; Mar 17, 2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Edited up the Plane Count :)
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:30 PM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
3dhs is open monday - thursday... banners on the home page, contact page and first page of checkout explained that we were closed mon-wed of last week. Thursday was crazy as a result, sorry that you couldn't get through the gauntlet of callers (the phone system doesn't have an engaged tone). I jumped into email, it was sent at 3:27pm thursday. We get through the emails whenever we can, but your request needs to break open a box to confirm (we could guess, but should check to confirm at least)... so, will most likely get an answer to your email on monday.

Will have motor boxes with the next batch of Veloxes in a few months time, they will be upgraded to the new carbon channel design of gear plate structure.
Thanks KM, this was the first time I've need parts for any of my 3dhs airplanes and just wasn't sure if I was going through the right channels. Thanks for the update and good to know you did recieved the request. Will the V2 Velox motor boxes fit the V1 Velox? If so, that will be a must have upgrade. Thanks for the response, DG
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:31 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksextra View Post
no doubt. It is a buck huck after all.
those planes are hard to get ahold of sometimes...they sell out fast
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:50 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
RF6

huckin'

password- flylow
I dont have that airport. It was from an earlier verison.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,593 Posts
I'll move it to a different port.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:19 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,097 Posts
Quote:
I'll move it to a different port.
how bout we move it to pheonix?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:27 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
how bout we move it to pheonix?
You buy me the sim, and I will. RF was about all I wanted to spend, so I sure don't wanna buy a whole 'nother system.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:16 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,097 Posts
Quote:
You buy me the sim, and I will. RF was about all I wanted to spend, so I sure don't wanna buy a whole 'nother system.
all you need is the usb interface and i can send you the disk