Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:18 PM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
I took these pics the other day. I'm amazed how the crashed then fixed 51" slick flys.
Looking good, I will see you at the field tomorrow. What time you getting there?
diggity2424 is online now Find More Posts by diggity2424
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:44 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
I took these pics the other day. I'm amazed how the crashed then fixed 51" slick flys.
I can't see where anything happened to it. How do you like the T-28 funfighter? There is a guy at my club with one.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:51 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I can't see where anything happened to it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post20789038

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
How do you like the T-28 funfighter? There is a guy at my club with one.
Its fun and it does about 120mph downwind with a 4s 1000mah pack. Had one aileron servo DOA and then the other one died the last flight but it was stuck at center. I need to pull it out and change it. I cut a hole in the side of the fuse and put a servo in for a rudder. Now I can do slow rolls, snaps, and spins. Its a fun plane!
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Last edited by HugoCraft; Mar 17, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:55 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,150 Posts
KE Snake

Ok, I can Knife Edge, but how do you do the Knife Edge Snake ?? It's about the 4.27 mark, it looks real cool

Andrew "Animal" Jesky Freestyle 2011 Tucson Aerobatic Shootout HD (5 min 27 sec)
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:32 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,389 Posts
Looks to me, like he was rolling out of KE and then back into it....looks god though!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:24 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Looks to me, like he was rolling out of KE and then back into it....looks god though!!

SteveT
I think ppl call that the airplane version of tic toc. I've seen it called that in another video.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:03 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
Ok, I can Knife Edge, but how do you do the Knife Edge Snake ?? It's about the 4.27 mark, it looks real cool

http://youtu.be/nD_NYzU7el0
The Snake...

...hold in the rudder, then keep it out of the dirt with the elevator and ailerons... due to the flight path needed to do it, the right hand stick (for mode 2 guys) will end up in a circular pattern. To practice, get the feel of flying the upright/inverted turning pattern without the inward facing rudder first... then add the rudder once you're comfortable with what has to happen. Note that the rudder input is pointing down/inward to the turns, it's not a knife edge at all.

There's a few variations, tighter pass with the wings more vertical and less rolling out into a turn, there's wider and flatter turns that are like linked hurricanes, and now the guys are throwing in 1/2 snaps into the change-overs so that they're all inverted, etc. Lots of challenges, all made pretty hard as the turns involve getting back on track while holding the nasty downward rudder.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:42 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,317 Posts
out of curiosity why does omega only make three motor sizes, why not bigger and smaller?
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:49 PM
United States, TX, Palacios
Joined Feb 2009
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
out of curiosity why does omega only make three motor sizes, why not bigger and smaller?
IIRC...they were created to "fill in a gap" that wasn't available at that time...someone may have to correct me on this one but thats how I remember it...
SportFlyer2 is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer2
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:01 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
The Snake...

...hold in the rudder, then keep it out of the dirt with the elevator and ailerons... due to the flight path needed to do it, the right hand stick (for mode 2 guys) will end up in a circular pattern. To practice, get the feel of flying the upright/inverted turning pattern without the inward facing rudder first... then add the rudder once you're comfortable with what has to happen. Note that the rudder input is pointing down/inward to the turns, it's not a knife edge at all.

There's a few variations, tighter pass with the wings more vertical and less rolling out into a turn, there's wider and flatter turns that are like linked hurricanes, and now the guys are throwing in 1/2 snaps into the change-overs so that they're all inverted, etc. Lots of challenges, all made pretty hard as the turns involve getting back on track while holding the nasty downward rudder.
good post arron...sounds like another vid for wamsy to do :-)
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:41 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,575 Posts
RF6

huckin'

password- flylow
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:54 PM
United States, OH, Franklin
Joined May 2006
10 Posts
41" Edge motor box

Spring has sprung & I'm in desperate need of a motor box for me 41" Edge. If anybody has one or knows where I can get one I would appreciate the help. I've been trying to get one for a while with no luck. Now I'm getting a little frustrated.
Brainiac is offline Find More Posts by Brainiac
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:03 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Speaking of covering on 3DHS. I am starting to think this stuff is military grade!!
I was thinking the same thing when I did my cutouts on my 87"SHP especially where there is a two color overlap.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:03 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,389 Posts
Time to buy a spare plane, then you will have spare parts....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:11 PM
Once u go yak u never go back
Erie, PA
Joined Mar 2005
1,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Time to buy a spare plane, then you will have spare parts....

SteveT
no doubt. It is a buck huck after all.
marksextra is offline Find More Posts by marksextra