HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:11 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6Amp View Post
I have three 57 motorboxes. They're all attached to airframes though. Sorry...
I'll pay you $30 Shipped for one of those Motorboxes!
heritageflyer is online now Find More Posts by heritageflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:15 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
I'll pay you $30 Shipped for one of those Motorboxes!
its gonna cost more than $30 to ship whats attached to them...
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:23 PM
CHOO CHOO
Northern Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
4,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
Ha. I suppose I could let a whole airframe go if the price is right.
6L6Amp is offline Find More Posts by 6L6Amp
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:42 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
That's his problem!
heritageflyer is online now Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:49 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Ok, I'm about to buy a new Rx at the LHS, should I get an AR600, or an AR6210? It'll be for the 41" edge. I'm using a dsm2 dx6i.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:50 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
6210 is dsmx i believe
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:55 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
6210 is dsmx i believe
... I think that it will work with dsm2 though...
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:02 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
All the new RXs are backwards compatible with DSM2
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:03 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
oh sweet. I'd go with the 6210 then. Thats what i fly in all my planes.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:45 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
Lost a wheel collar on the 87shp and didn't know until after I landed. The wheel pant kept the wheel on. I got some 5/16" wheel collars but they almost fit. I think the axle is 8mm which I don't think dubro or great planes doesnt make. I tried to drill out one of the collars but I took out too much. Guess I need an 8mm drill bit.

I ordered some new sulivan 4" wheels w/ alum hubs from the lhs but they won't be in until monday but have no clue what size the hole will be on those. I'm just trying to get it ready to fly for the weekend. I picked up some 5/16" wheel axles which work great with the collars I have but shaft is pretty small for the wheels already on the plane. Also those axles won't work with the wheel pants since the bolt on part/threads are not long enough.
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:47 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
Lost a wheel collar on the 87shp and didn't know until after I landed. The wheel pant kept the wheel on. I got some 5/16" wheel collars but they almost fit. I think the axle is 8mm which I don't think dubro or great planes doesnt make. I tried to drill out one of the collars but I took out too much. Guess I need an 8mm drill bit.

I ordered some new sulivan 4" wheels w/ alum hubs from the lhs but they won't be in until monday but have no clue what size the hole will be on those. I'm just trying to get it ready to fly for the weekend. I picked up some 5/16" wheel axles which work great with the collars I have but shaft is pretty small for the wheels already on the plane. Also those axles won't work with the wheel pants since the bolt on part/threads are not long enough.
so what your sayin is you gotta flat with no spare?
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:53 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,689 Posts
Hugo, have you checked your local hardware store? I would think an 8mm collar would be a pretty common item. Good luck!
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:09 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6Amp View Post
I have three 57 motorboxes. They're all attached to airframes though. Sorry...
Now that is just plain mean....I only have two...also attached to airframes....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:12 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Quote:

My smaller sullivan wheels with alum hubs came with plastic inserts to choose what size shaft i needed. I think metal on metal would seize up after a while due to oxidation. I would hope that the larger wheels would come with the same.
lammbn is offline Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:15 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,653 Posts
Quote:

I once put four flights on the 89 using on the wheel pants to retain the wheel one one side (lost a collar). not recommended but it worked fine ;-)

someone a while back suggested foregoing the stock axles and using a bolt and some lock nuts. I plan on going this route eventually myself.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg