HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, FL, Brandon
Joined May 2011
82 Posts
question i have a yak witht he 132 G motor and hacker 55 speed control my watage is low i think it's only pulling around 480 watts

what is the corret prop size and what's the normal watt range here ?

one issue i think is my brother had this speed control and he soilder on these long ass lipo battary leaders about 2 foot and I'm thinking I'm loseing power there

any idea's thanx for the help
Futile flight is offline Find More Posts by Futile flight
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:15 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,317 Posts
you should see 500-550W on a 14x7 prop on 3s, i see 560-580 on high timing with mine
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:15 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futile flight View Post
question i have a yak witht he 132 G motor and hacker 55 speed control my watage is low i think it's only pulling around 480 watts

what is the corret prop size and what's the normal watt range here ?

one issue i think is my brother had this speed control and he soilder on these long ass lipo battary leaders about 2 foot and I'm thinking I'm loseing power there

any idea's thanx for the help
as shadow mentions... 13x7 or a 14x7 on the 140g Omega for 3S. Two feet of power leads?... you'll want to remove that... the most ideal length of wire is only what comfortably reaches the packs and nothing more.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:26 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,389 Posts
the power ripple from those leads are killer for the caps in the ESC if nothing else...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:19 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
thats how mine is set up...if you want help on how to make it work pm me

mmmmmm, ugh, oooh, geeezzze, it didn't have anything to do with that little tree episode awhile back did it
goflyhighrc is online now Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:27 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
just put together a little project I've been wanting to do... powersafing a receiver with a better plug for power delivery. Pretty easy idea, all it takes is soldering up a better pigtail with a better connector straight into the servo power bus.

...as shown in the pic, I also bolstered the servo bus with an extra link across the bottom of the pins. Probably not needed, done for giggles and to show the idea taken to the next step... The XPS Nano could already take 30 amps or something of power, but now it can handle whatever the servos want to suck down whether they're stalled or not.

It's a pretty simple idea, and all servo buses are connected up this way so it's easy enough to do with other receivers... crack open the case, solder to the servo bus, cut a hole in the case for your wires to exit, and voila! ...no more servo plug related power issues, no more Y-harnesses with extra plugs, etc etc... better power delivery than if you wired up every servo with a y-harness... woot.

Last edited by theKM; Mar 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:44 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,389 Posts
Great Job Arron!!! How about a close up shot, please...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:37 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Great Job Arron!!! How about a close up shot, please...

SteveT

...close-up is just the bolstering of the servo bus... the basic way to accomplish this is to simply just solder the pigtail to the positive and negative wires to any one of the servo locations. the extra line across the bottom of the pins is just peace of mind in making sure the bus can handle whatever load is thrown at it.

Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:03 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,389 Posts
Thanks Arron....

That's what I thought, but just wanted to see it a little better...as noted great job!!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:12 AM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2008
3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
...close-up is just the bolstering of the servo bus... the basic way to accomplish this is to simply just solder the pigtail to the positive and negative wires to any one of the servo locations. the extra line across the bottom of the pins is just peace of mind in making sure the bus can handle whatever load is thrown at it.

BadARSE
twistedgrim is offline Find More Posts by twistedgrim
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:46 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,437 Posts
So what's going on in the 3DHS skunkworks? Been quiet for too long. There has to be more in the works than Bigfoot and the Byper, which have been in the pipes for a long time.

At least a few teaser bits of info on Bigfoot please!
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:50 AM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2008
3,329 Posts
Back in the old days....... We were happy that 3DHS existed because the planes they had flying at the time were so badass. It is funny how everything now is, what is next on the horizon etc...
twistedgrim is offline Find More Posts by twistedgrim
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:06 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,389 Posts
Actually Arron made a comment on one of the threads alluding to some "big things" coming up...but that was all he would say...I believe the comment was on the 68" Velox thread....(IRC)

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:31 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedgrim View Post
Back in the old days....... We were happy that 3DHS existed because the planes they had flying at the time were so badass. It is funny how everything now is, what is next on the horizon etc...
Not sure when those days were...Ben and Scott were teasing us with tid bits of info before the very first airframes were even released!
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:34 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,949 Posts
I probly hadn't even heard of great planes yet back then let alone 3dhs haha
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater