Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:39 AM
crd
Always thinkering
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2006
1,201 Posts
Idea
How to fix the BLUE screen on monitors when signal fades

I wrote this in another forum but maybe someone here can test this also.

I have a DVR that stops recording once a clean video signal goes away, I ordered a mini simple OSD from hobby king that I'm going to connect between the video receiver and DVR to always keep the OSD information as the clean video signal and hopefully if the video receiver signal fades away the DVR wont go to a blue screen or stop recording because its still seen the "clean OSD signal" in my case I will program the OSD to show only the voltage of the DVR.

Have anyone tried this? I havent receive my simple osd yet but it should work. That way we can use any type of monitor or DVR and not worry about the blue screen.
crd is offline Find More Posts by crd
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:44 AM
The Netherlands, OV, Oldenzaal
Joined Jul 2010
355 Posts
But than you can not use a OSD anymore. So what is the reason for doing it.
Get yourself another DVR it's easier and in the long run cheaper.
D-OCHO is offline Find More Posts by D-OCHO
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:52 AM
crd
Always thinkering
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2006
1,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-OCHO View Post
But than you can not use a OSD anymore. So what is the reason for doing it.
Get yourself another DVR it's easier and in the long run cheaper.
The OSD only cost $8 and if works then I can buy larger monitors and any type of DVR and not worry about blue screens or stop recordings for $8 I'm not loosing much, plus I can see the DVR or Monitor battery voltage on the screen if i want to :-)

$8 OSD
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Mini_OSD_.html
crd is offline Find More Posts by crd
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:54 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,418 Posts
Sorry - with this one it doesn't produce it's own timing signal so doesn't help

Usefull to have for your GS though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd View Post
I wrote this in another forum but maybe someone here can test this also.

I have a DVR that stops recording once a clean video signal goes away, I ordered a mini simple OSD from hobby king that I'm going to connect between the video receiver and DVR to always keep the OSD information as the clean video signal and hopefully if the video receiver signal fades away the DVR wont go to a blue screen or stop recording because its still seen the "clean OSD signal" in my case I will program the OSD to show only the voltage of the DVR.

Have anyone tried this? I havent receive my simple osd yet but it should work. That way we can use any type of monitor or DVR and not worry about the blue screen.
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG