HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
Discussion
introducing Lightscale

hello bikers,

after surfing around in this forum for a while now and having postet some news about our tests, i have been encouraged by some users to introduce myself, my company and my projects a bit closer, which i am going to do now.

my name is clark wohlert and i am into rc business for 15 years now. mainly i take care about large scale onroad cars and represent the hungarian brand rs-5 in germany as their esclusive distributor and worksdriver for more than 10 years now.

beside that we have launched our brand "lightscale" a couple of years ago. with lightscale we develope, produce and promote upgrade parts for large scale touring cars and formula one cars, such as bodyshells, airboxes, tools and many more without going into detail too much.

my company is located about 2 minutes to go to our lokal outdoor racetrack in the city of dormagen which is to be found close to cologne.

the club is a meltingpot and produces alot of ideas for different brands and scales and of course it is my testtrack for all ideas that manage to cross the border from crazy thought to reality.

using different sources we have acess to many kinds of production prozesses. so for expample we can do rapid prototyping, blow moulds, injection moulds, tyres and carbon moulds as well as milling and so on.

our ideas are brought to paper ( or usb sticks ) by cad drawing.

last summer i was looking for a new hobby and found the bikes interessting again after quit biking in 2003 when my selfmade bergonzoni bike crashed in the lunch breake of the lloret de mar invitation race.

i found the thunder tiger sb5 a very good quality made bike and started trying and with the kind help of some friends ( axel, michael, jörg, thanks for all ) it became a real pleasure.

it took not much time since the first ideas came into my mind or where supplied by others who had thought about making things better but did not have the possibilities to make them become reality.

that was the point when we startet to develope the first lightscale upgrades for the sb5 bike.

a customer asking for a spare brake disc gave the intention to produce our first part, which is just a spare brake disc as it is not availlable from the factory.
we put all our knowledge about epoxy into that item as we as well procude brake discs for 5th scale hydraulic brakes and are happy to be able to supply this item since a couple of weeks.

i you have watched the videos shown in the "winter testing in germany" thread you have witnessed the testing prozess of our lightscale rear swing arm set for the sb5 and the progress we have been able to do with it.

this is the point where i stop this posting now and will go on with answers to this thread to seperatly inform you about our new items and plans for the future.

there is many more to be expceted from lightscale to upgrade the sb5 bike.

thanks for reading and off course any usefull hints and constructive critics are highly welcome.
Clark Wohlert is offline Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
Last edited by Clark Wohlert; Feb 07, 2012 at 07:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 09:44 AM
South Korea
Joined Dec 2010
30 Posts
Hi,

Please make a light body for TT SB5 like your 1mm F1 body.
By the way, I already bought your brake disk. It is very good.
young1670 is offline Find More Posts by young1670
Old Feb 07, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
@young 1670,

thanks for your compliment on our brake disc. please take care about the fact that it does fit the plastik rim perfectly but if you use thunder tigers alloy tuning part, you might have to enlarge the wholes in the disc just a little bit, as the circular pitch is not exactly the same.

attached find the exploded drawing of our just released rear swing arm set, which enables you to bring your sb5 to the maximum ruled length of 320mm.
it also features a belt tensioner set and support to the drive shaft to get rid of the onpower tweak the belt normally causes.

further more you can use two different positions of ride height in each possible length to influence weight balance and so optimise front end steering and rear traction to the track conditions.

the exploded drawing also shows some features, which we planing for the future, like the slimline side parts with modified battery support and our freely adjustable front fork.

the mould to produce the slimline side parts is allready in production and we are expecting the first samples in about 2 weeks of time.
this kit then later will also contain a new lexan bottom cover for the battery that adopts the slim outline of he side parts and battery support.
we will do a lightweight lexan helmlet later the year and dustshields ( for wet races ) as well.

we have had the idea to do a complete bodyshell as well and would be able to do so but it needs time to be drawn and it needs some clever ideas to be added on, otherwise it would "just" be another bodyshell, which would not siut our philosophy.

i have attached a picture of our lightscale silhouette race 1mm bodyshell for those who do not know it. not really relevant for bikes but nicly shows our abilities. this bodyshell was designed in cad completly and then cnc moulded.
Last edited by Clark Wohlert; Feb 07, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:22 PM
Sverige, Stockholms Län, Stockholm
Joined Jun 2011
89 Posts
where can I order? swing arm
snesladd is offline Find More Posts by snesladd
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:08 PM
Germany
Joined Feb 2006
11 Posts
here

http://www.clark-s.de/

if you have questions please send a mail .english welcome

schummi
schummi100 is offline Find More Posts by schummi100
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:35 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,525 Posts
I see a one-piece front fork too... hmmm

VERY nice!
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Feb 08, 2012, 08:20 AM
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
hello akura2,

yes the onepiece front fork will be the project after finalising the slim side parts.

the fork features freely adjustable caster and other nice "gimics"

i have attached a picture that shows the front fork and slim side parts.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 01:07 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,525 Posts
Fenders?... new battery case?... one piece head? (the purple piece that the fork is attached to).... nice stuff!!!
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:25 AM
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
hello akura2,

yes the adjustable mono fork makes a onepiece head necessary to support it. it will be anodised in titanium grey as all bike alloy parts from lightscale will be in the future.

the battery case will not be a new one but just a modified thundertiger part.
we are mashining it to make it slim line and then cover it with our slim lexan cover from the bottom.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 06:00 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,103 Posts
Hardly anyone noticed the different front plate ?
I designed these beginning 2010... only I also repositioned the chassis posts.
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:42 AM
South Korea
Joined Dec 2010
30 Posts
Hi Edi,

Did you change the body too? I noticed the bottom of body is a little bit different.

Hi Clark,

I thought I just finished installing tuning parts. But thank to you, I have to start all over again. I am so happy.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
@edi,

either i do not understand your posting well or you have not taken a close enough look at our drawing

@young1670,

thats our goal.............making people happy
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:03 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by young1670 View Post
Did you change the body too? I noticed the bottom of body is a little bit different.
I think you have seen the way I do the bottom part on other threads. It is just a flat sheet I bend twice to wrap around the Lipo. The reason for this solution was that the Figure and fairing would fit on the SB5 and on my bike. So I could make head to head testing (prototype figures were rare at the time )
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:25 AM
Joined Apr 2007
463 Posts
Hi Clark,
With your longer swingarm kit,and so longer wheelbase,how are you finding it effects the handling?

simon
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:37 AM
South Korea
Joined Dec 2010
30 Posts
Hi Edi,

It looks easier to paint and mount the body.

Hi Clark,

What is the benefit of mono fork?