SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:18 AM
Joined Aug 2007
60 Posts
Discussion
Unable to get Nova OSD info on screen with 690TVL cam with

Just got my bixler and newly installed nova osd . I must say that after having flown rc airplanes for years -- i love the ability to use the PA/RTH feature . It worked amazingly well. It was a bit windy and the plane was stabilized in PA mode, and returned home nicely with RTH .The plane did seem to want to climb in both modes but I just throttled back and that solved itself. I guess that is better than going into a dive.

Problem!!

I just got a new---- 690TVL Ultra WDR Pixim SEAWOLF HD CCTV Mini Camera 3.6mm Lens OSD Menu--
The problem is that I can not see the bottom 1/6 of the osd info. When I swapped with a 380tvl camera - all the information is there????
Is there a solution to get the info up there-- or are these 700tvl cameras incompatible??
SURELY there must be someone who has a high TVL camera used with this OSD??
Any ideas what to do??
gzmann is offline Find More Posts by gzmann
Last edited by gzmann; Feb 07, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:08 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzmann View Post
Just got my bixler and newly installed nova osd . I must say that after having flown rc airplanes for years -- i love the ability to use the PA?RTH feature . It worked amazingly well. It was a bit windy and the plane was stabilized in PA mode. The plane did seem to want to climb in both modes but I just throttled back and that solved itself. I guess that is better than going into a dive.

Problem!!

I just got a new---- 690TVL Ultra WDR Pixim SEAWOLF HD CCTV Mini Camera 3.6mm Lens OSD Menu--
The problem is that I can not see the bottom 1/6 of the osd info. When I swapped with a 380tvl camera - all the information is there????
Is there a solution to get the info up there-- or are these 700tvl cameras incompatible??
SURELY there must be someone who has a high TVL camera used with this OSD??
Any ideas what to do??
I figure the MAX7456 OSD chip used in this osd (as well as in many other comercially available OSDs btw.) can't cope with this number of tv lines.

Markus
markus123456 is online now Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Feb 07, 2012, 06:09 AM
NDw
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
Or perhaps the osd is set for pal and the cam for ntsc, or vice versa.
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw
Old Feb 07, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Aug 2007
60 Posts
Nova osd fixed with special advanced menu

Thanks for the responses
If you press on the OSD left and up at the same time-- the advanced menu appears -- go to video output -- the nova osd is default to pal and the camera's set to ntsc ==== change the camera to PAL and viola --- all the info from the OSD appears!!
gzmann is offline Find More Posts by gzmann