SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:31 AM
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Question
Walkera Mini CP VS Genius CP

Well, the questions says it all. Im planning to get phoenix 3.0 sim with either one. Genius CP with Devo 6S http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkeragen...rders-1-1.aspx is $60 cheaper than mini with devo 8s http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkeramin...yli-pob-1.aspx. Is mini worth $60 more? Should I just get genius and buy the brushless kit? Please help I'm new to this hobby
unj008 is offline Find More Posts by unj008
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
how new are you to flying helis? either would not be the best beginner heli a single rotor fixed pitch heli like this one http://www.hobby-wing.com/wl-v911-4ch-helicopter.html would be a better start. but if you already have experience then i would say go with the mini cp it will be a bit more durable and easier to repair as it has detachable landing skid from main frame and It seems a little more stable. The radio depends on if you are going tostick with walkera helis and use the radio for all other helis if you progress in the hobby. The devo 6s is a nice radio however it is a little smaller in size than a standard radio. I would pay the little bit extra and get the devo 8s. There is also the option of the devo 7 no colour screen has most of the functions of the 8 just a simpler interface and no graphs fro pitch, throttle curves etc just numbers. I use devo 7 for my genius cp as it was a much cheaper option and i will not use it for any bigger stuff just walkera micros 120d02s mini cp etc
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Feb 09, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Apr 2011
225 Posts
1) The Devo 8s is definitely worth the extra 60 bucks. Its seems to be more advanced than the Spectrum DX8. If the Devo 8 (without the S) version is available at a rock bottom price, the telemetry module to make it into the S model is only 10 bucks........
2) The Mini is relatively new and untried but those who have them reckon they are great (read the threads in the Micro section)
3) Consider Ehirobo rather than WOW hobbies. Wow has a bad reputation, but Ehirobo has a very good reputation on these boards. Compare prices including shipping, and if they are close, if it was me I wouldn't take the chance with WOW.
PaulsBA is offline Find More Posts by PaulsBA