SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2003, 12:22 PM
Norwich UK
Joined Oct 2003
372 Posts
Gear retracts on GWS Spitfire

Hi Ive just ordered a GWS Spit with retracts is there any good method for fitting these to it as ive noticed it has a single wire undercarridge rather than a wire for each wheel?
pipsta is offline Find More Posts by pipsta
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2003, 12:24 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,959 Posts
Hi pipsta if you do a search in the parkflyers forum there are plenty of threads that show how to do the retract install

welcome to the E-Zone

phil
Happy|Harry is offline Find More Posts by Happy|Harry
Old Oct 12, 2003, 12:29 PM
Norwich UK
Joined Oct 2003
372 Posts
hi phil read your thread on the build of your spit. Well done for learning on the spit. I learnt to fly with the zero, since then ive gone backwards and used the TM and the beaver. I love the beaver its so fast for what it is and has loads of power. I dont know how im gonna cope with the spit as it has been a while since ive flown a low wing aileron plane.
Old Oct 12, 2003, 12:42 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,959 Posts
to be honest i found the spit easier to fly than the beaver(which i learned on) as the right stick actually mirrors a real plane
and the movement is more predictable, as for the spit, keep it light and the control throws quite low (12mm total for
ailerons and 10mm total for elevator) and Most important the CofG!!!(60mm) get these things right and she will treat you right
i know you will like the spit as she is a great flyer when trimmed out

Last but not least Check you TX is operating correctly!!!(and hope it doesn't fail)

phil
Happy|Harry is offline Find More Posts by Happy|Harry
Old Oct 12, 2003, 12:49 PM
Norwich UK
Joined Oct 2003
372 Posts
Im sorry to hear about your breaking TX what a language edited by moderator. When i had my zero i was using like a 5oz battery which was way to heavy for the plane, but at the time i new no different. I was use d to flying it with this which to say was quite sluggish. I mean full throttle all the way and to get any height i could only go up at about 1 degree otherwise she would loose all speed. Even like this the zero was nice to fly. Not as easy to the beaver though, saying that i only really flew it properly after about 15 crashes and by then the plane was so out of balance it was a fight with gravity all the time. I hope the spit comes to me easy. I dont want a repeat of the zero learning curve.

Edited by Brian Cullen on Oct 13, 2003 at 7:34PM
Old Oct 13, 2003, 12:13 PM
Norwich UK
Joined Oct 2003
372 Posts
Can anyone enlighten me on the thread about installing gear retracts
Old Oct 13, 2003, 01:59 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003