Old Feb 06, 2012, 07:53 PM
Steve
United States, ME, Bath
Joined Mar 2009
14 Posts
Discussion
How to adjust steering wheel DX3C.. solved

There is no "Radios" spot in the cars/trucks section so here is my question:
How can I adjust the steering tension on my Spektrum DX3C surface radio? It says its adjustable but I don't see how and there is no mention of it in the manual.. Am I missing something obvious?
LILDex is offline Find More Posts by LILDex
Last edited by LILDex; Feb 07, 2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Problem Solved
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 06:57 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,282 Posts
Unless there are access plugs in the back or somewhere you may need to open up the radio. Having trouble downloading the manual from my end so can't go into more details with you. Having opened my fair share of surface radio my guess is that there might be some sort of hole selection for different tension on the throttle spring mech..
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:54 AM
Steve
United States, ME, Bath
Joined Mar 2009
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Unless there are access plugs in the back or somewhere you may need to open up the radio. Having trouble downloading the manual from my end so can't go into more details with you. Having opened my fair share of surface radio my guess is that there might be some sort of hole selection for different tension on the throttle spring mech..
Thank you for your insight.. that makes sense. For some reason I was thinking there would be a way to do it without opening it.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 10:29 AM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,809 Posts
On some wheel surface transmitters (Hitec,Futaba) there is a slotted screw somewere around the steering wheel to adjust the springh tention. Might be one too to locate the neutral position fot the trottle.
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Feb 07, 2012, 11:58 AM
Steve
United States, ME, Bath
Joined Mar 2009
14 Posts
I found it... now I feel stupid. There is a hole near the trigger on the underside of the radio. It takes a philips screwdriver, has to be pretty short. My DX3C came as tight as it can be, which is the tightest steering (not how I like it). The adjustment is pretty nice actually, you can tell the difference using half-turns.

Thanks for helping everyone.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 11:59 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,282 Posts
Glad you got it figured out, now go have fun with it.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:17 PM
Steve
United States, ME, Bath
Joined Mar 2009
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Glad you got it figured out, now go have fun with it.
Wish I could.. My EREVO BE is down for CC warranty work.. and I dont get my Slash Plat until the 28th... Ill just hold the DX3C while I watch youtube videos
Old May 04, 2012, 10:39 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Sep 2006
72 Posts
im unscrewing it but dont find improvements, it seems still tight, maybe i have to unscrew it all?
Did you find it loose after few screw turns?
fabryd is offline Find More Posts by fabryd
Old May 07, 2012, 09:27 AM
Steve
United States, ME, Bath
Joined Mar 2009
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabryd View Post
im unscrewing it but dont find improvements, it seems still tight, maybe i have to unscrew it all?
Did you find it loose after few screw turns?
I unscrewed mine 3-4 turns and it was noticeable on the trigger. If yours is not doing anything perhaps unscrewing it all the way then reinstalling would fix the issue. You might try opening it up to see the device in question, perhaps yours is just REALLY tight.