HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:04 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyEurope View Post
Stiffer blades. Less flexing. Faster respons, if power enough. I suppose you know this already. This concerns all propeller driven aircrafts.
What blades are you using?

Currently all carbon blades out are too heavy and end up making a nice stable heli yet severely dull the cyclic on these micro heli's. I would guess that you have probably tested the current blades out and know this
It isnt the upgrade that carbon blades are on larger helis due to the huge weight gain (double weight or more)with the micro carbon blades over the stock plastic and foam blades. On larger heli's the weight change for carbon vs stock is usually quite minimal

Have you tested some new ultra light carbon blades and is the reason you say they are indeed an now an actual performance upgrade?

If you do know where to get some new ultra light yet stiff carbon blades can you please post a link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyEurope View Post
Yes. Coming. Pushing them on that too. And more metal parts.

HobbyEUSZ
That is great news on the brushless..hope it has a great price too
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:19 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
Here is a poster of the HiSky FBL 80



Apparently, there is a similarly sized Blade Nano CPX that is due to be released. Now I wonder who is cloning who?

zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:30 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
316 Posts
Guys thanks a lot for weary useful information, specially Hobby Europe, Papernhero, and achogg33.

I'm going to by my first micro CP heli, after allot of forum reading, I'm still not sure whats best to start with.
-"Walkera mini Cp" or
- "Walkera Genius CP" or
-"Hisky/FBL100 (BladeCPX"

Which one is the best for a CP newbie?
Stenkryparen is online now Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:41 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
Guys thanks a lot for weary useful information, specially Hobby Europe, Papernhero, and achogg33.

I'm going to by my first micro CP heli, after allot of forum reading, I'm still not sure whats best to start with.
-"Walkera mini Cp" or
- "Walkera Genius CP" or
-"Hisky/FBL100 (BladeCPX"

Which one is the best for a CP newbie?
Right now, I would say the Mini CP is still the one to beat in terms of all around ability. It is noticeably more stable to hover upright and inverted than the mCPX and the Genius CP. The HiSky FBL 100 may fly 3D quite well but has been reported to be twitchy for beginners.

On to another interest note. The HiSky FBL 100 seems to be doing quite well in China. Both HiSky and Horrizon Hobbies have their own sponsored section in a Chinese RC forum but the mCPX is rarely discussed in the HH forum.

http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...isplay&fid=550

http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...isplay&fid=571
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:37 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
316 Posts
Thanks for the advice, i think this sentence is most important to me quote"It is noticeably more stable to hover upright".

Is a "Devention 7" transmitter good enough or shall i buy a "Devention 10" ?
Stenkryparen is online now Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:40 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
Thanks for the advice, i think this sentence is most important to me quote"It is noticeably more stable to hover upright".

Is a "Devention 7" transmitter good enough or shall i buy a "Devention 10" ?
The Devo 7 is very cumbersome to program because it has only got 2 lines of text on the screen. I would go for the Devo 10.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:06 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The Devo 7 is very cumbersome to program because it has only got 2 lines of text on the screen. I would go for the Devo 10.
Big thanks again, then i buy a RTF Walkera mini CP with Devo10 transmitter.
Banggood sell it for 290$ with free delivery.
Stenkryparen is online now Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2012, 03:44 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
SoloProFan's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The Devo 7 is very cumbersome to program because it has only got 2 lines of text on the screen. I would go for the Devo 10.
Beware though, the new 7E is much better to work with than the regular 7.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:29 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Beware though, the new 7E is much better to work with than the regular 7.
I have not ordered yet, i have a look at the Devo 7E.
Stenkryparen is online now Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:23 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
I have not ordered yet, i have a look at the Devo 7E.
Check if this is still valid, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1678581

Minicp + devo 10 for 185 usd, excluding shipping.

Edit, seems to still be active.

Sub-Total: $217.71
Zone 4 (Registered Air Mail (Exclude Order above $80) (14-18 business days) (1 Boxes)): $41.43
Discount Coupon: RCGWDV : -$32.66
Total: $226.48
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:35 PM
Registered User
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
What blades are you using?

Currently all carbon blades out are too heavy and end up making a nice stable heli yet severely dull the cyclic on these micro heli's. I would guess that you have probably tested the current blades out and know this
It isnt the upgrade that carbon blades are on larger helis due to the huge weight gain (double weight or more)with the micro carbon blades over the stock plastic and foam blades. On larger heli's the weight change for carbon vs stock is usually quite minimal

Have you tested some new ultra light carbon blades and is the reason you say they are indeed an now an actual performance upgrade?

If you do know where to get some new ultra light yet stiff carbon blades can you please post a link?

That is great news on the brushless..hope it has a great price too
Sorry for late reply.

Carbon blades are cancelled. Not because they are not working good, but because they are more dangerous than soft plastic. There have already been a few accident, so ...

Back from Shanghai Fair, and visit at a number of factories in China.

About FBL100.

The tail rotor/motor is improved.
The topp ball bearing is secured better.
The linear servos are improved.
The landing gear more unbreakable in cold weather, Softer material.
The X-6S transmitter is without any doubt the best TX, and you can control the helicopter much better than with the more simple TX, X-6HL
The X-6S TX can bind up with all future products from HiSky, like FBL80, X-copter etc You need only one TX for all these.
The X-6S kan be used for airplanes too, and there are several sizes RX available.
There are a multi battery charger (only at HobbyEurope coming soon) that can charge 2 pcs battery from HiSky, Align, Nine Eagles, Walkera etc connectet to PC (USB) or 220V adapter.
There will be a carbon version (not the blades) FBL100HS available only from HobbyEurope.

The FBL80 is 100% similar to the new FBL100. Only more light weight.

The "X-copter" the same. Same electronic spec and compability.

All these items can of course be used with the separate RF module connected to other brands TX.

The RF module can possible bind up all the brands that support power (current) to it. The RF module has no battery built in. For some brands TX, you need special connectors, crossover cable etc
The RF module can of course also bind up with all separate RX from HiSky.

Version 2 RF module, coming soon, will have power (battery) built in.

All these items can be shipped from China directly without any delay to customers to save time and money.

HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
HobbyEurope is offline Find More Posts by HobbyEurope
Last edited by HobbyEurope; Sep 06, 2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:50 PM
Registered User
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by printk View Post
I bought this turnigy FBL100 largely base on the postive feed back on this thread.
The FBL100 did try to make it better than mcpx in some way.

The pros:

1) They have more powerful main motor. It definitly climb faster than stock MCPX.
2) It has better gyro chip MPU-3050 (mcpx has ITG3200).
3) I also like their remote very much. This is the best RTF remote I have used.
Better than DX4e. I recall remote has ball bearings. It feels very smooth.
4) the swash has bigger balls. It is less likely to damage during fly.

However, for my personal experence, FBL100 is not as good as MCPX.
For a few reasons:
1) The tail like to blow out if you give a lot of pitch. I have to constantly
watch out of the tail blow out. The pitch need to stay at very narrow range
to avoid tail blow out. In fact that cause me crash at the very first 20 seconds
trying just pitch pumps. I think MCPX has much better locking feeling during
3D. It feels more perdictable if you know what I am saying.

This will not happened if you use the X-6S TX.

2) The tail rotor is a joke. It is small and have very narrow middle section.
It break into two piece in the first 20 second crash. I have been flying
with MCPX v2 tail blade since.

This is already improved to a better and stronger type.

3) The sevo is not very durable. My back servo start to develope big shaking
at about 10 packs. It make the heli nodding the tail like dolphin. It is not clear
it is the servo or the software problem. Pretty much it is unflyable as it is.
I can do flips, and during the flips the heli does not have the nodding. Let
it level and it will nod. It is possible I might get a bad one. Only 10 packs??
Their servo is definitly not as smooth as the mcpx's. Again, it could be
the software. Also I try to call the manufacture, the support said just buy
new servos.

The servos has been improved by now. You are correct. This can also be even more improved using the X-6S TX.
We do not advice people to buy the X-6HL TX anymore, if they look for the best quality.
Just if they only are looking for the cheapest price, and not the best quality, the X-6HL TX can be the choice.



At this point I would not recommand this FBL100 other people. I think if you
already have the Spectrum remote, it is much better getting the mcpx.
You will likely get more enjoyable fly out of mcpx than FBL100.

The HiSky RF module can be used connected to a Spectrum TX.


I think some of the parts are great alternatives to mcpx. I haven't try out
all the combinations yet. I think it would be interesting to try the FBL100
main and tail motor on the MCPX. They are cheap and seems more powerful
than stock mcpx. Might be a good way to get more performance out of
mcpx without going the BL route.
HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
HobbyEurope is offline Find More Posts by HobbyEurope
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:06 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
When will the 80 size be released?

What about an estimated street price for a BNF version?
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:58 AM
Registered User
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
When will the 80 size be released?

What about an estimated street price for a BNF version?
Estimated end of this month.

Price around the same as FBL100.

As you can see, we are knocking the price down regularely.

So what the price will be at the release time, it is hard to tell.

BNF can only be used in combination with the RF module and any TX, or a HiSky TX.

The price for only the helicopter is now very similar to the price including the RFmodule.

These prices is not quite ready yet, but we will work out a solution that finds the price for only the helicopter more cheap.

Just a wild guess. 70-80 USD for only the heli and 80-90 USD for the heli incl the RF module.

And remember, these can be shipped out from China directly to customers, at a lower freight cost rate than normal from there, because we use a smaller and more light weight packing. Please have that in mind when jugding the price tag. It is the total price at your door that counts, not only the items price.

HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
HobbyEurope is offline Find More Posts by HobbyEurope
Last edited by HobbyEurope; Sep 07, 2012 at 01:05 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:58 AM
Registered User
dragonal's Avatar
Turin, Italy
Joined Jun 2003
52 Posts
Hi Hobby Europe

ist not clear for me how order the new item from china....direct by Hisky? shop? you..?

Thks
dragonal is offline Find More Posts by dragonal
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold $SOLD Trex 500 FBL clone Tarot 500 frame, Align FBL head All ALIGN Electronics CHEAP! paulpeffly Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 10 Feb 02, 2012 10:36 PM
Sold $375 OBO - Trex 500 FBL clone Tarot 500 frame, Align FBL head All ALIGN Electronics paulpeffly Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Feb 01, 2012 08:48 AM
Discussion New competition for MCPX/Genius. Esky FBL 100 w servo driven tail and a 4-blader! GetterDragun Micro Helis 12 Dec 19, 2011 09:17 AM
Discussion Next step CP FB or FBL heli spectre6573 Micro Helis 10 Jun 05, 2011 11:46 AM
Sold Blade CP Pro CP+ complete with extra parts, plus other heli's and heli 'stuff' bubsnews Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Mar 15, 2011 01:40 PM