HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:56 PM View Post
brushless55
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while brushless55 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:29 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,582 Posts
Blade makes a good heli but way overpriced. HK released Turingy 100 and priced it higher than I will pay for what it is. A clone is a knock off of somebodies work. No R&D just a cheap copy rip off. Some better than others. I understand some want the best and latest. Thats all fine and good for them.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:33 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,202 Posts
LOL
have some gone through this thread to read that this heli is not made from the same over priced parts as the blade heli?
if it was molded from those parts, then and only then would it be a true clone..
fact is the parts are very different.. in other words, who ever makes this cool little heli actually had to do some RnD to make it FLY!
HELLO heli pilots!
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:34 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
WHos the HH fanboys you speak off?

Fanboys is a ridiculous term and anyone who is dead set on one brand is missing many things in the rest of the heli world.

What is childish is being told an duck isnt a duck when we all know better.
I would really like to hear real flying traits and comparisions rather than him argue for days that it isnt a clone..

We all know the mcpx is too high proced to begin with and is why a clone shouldnt be anywhere close.... But at least on the mcpx they have design cost associated with the release price and also have warranty cost built in.

I dont own the 130x but i do own a 120d02s and have been quite impressed with it for a long time...no issues with the tail here

The way I figure it this copy needs to be down around 80-100 to be a good value
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:37 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
LOL
have some gone through this thread to read that this heli is not made from the same over priced parts as the blade heli?
if it was molded from those parts, then and only then would it be a true clone..
fact is the parts are very different.. in other words, who ever makes this cool little heli actually had to do some RnD to make it FLY!
HELLO heli pilots!
LOL.... look at the hisky frame it is the mcpx frame and head right You also do realize a clone is a copy right

But again who cares he just got past this and admitted it is a clone so dont start again.

We have moved on with more important aspects such as what makes it better than walkera products such as the minicp (which flys way better than any mcpx)

So please take your childish/ignorant comments elsewhere instead of taking this back to a silly debate on if it is a clone or not. Again no one cares that it is a clone, we want to hear specs, flight info and a much lower price
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Aug 08, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:44 PM View Post
brushless55
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while brushless55 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:45 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,202 Posts
de subscribe from this thread do to the ..................................... ......................... ....................
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:48 PM
Joined Nov 2007
152 Posts
Any idea when the smaller 80 is coming out????
mnovotny is online now Find More Posts by mnovotny
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:21 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
LOL.... look at the hisky frame it is the mcpx frame and head right You also do realize a clone is a copy right
Nope. The frame and boom mounting are different structures and moldings. Same with the head assembly, tail assembly, blade grips, landing skids etc. You cant swap these parts between the HiSky and the MCPX.The basic assembly design is much the same but all the parts are unique so this is not just a cheap copy using someone else's tooled parts. It appears that all new tooling costs are involved in this model which would partially explain why it isn't available at a knock-off price.
papernkero is offline Find More Posts by papernkero
Last edited by papernkero; Aug 09, 2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:50 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
It is based off the same design the mcpx... you could use either and get by just fine. I am sure you can use theframe, head and swash on a mcpx. I dont know why everyone prefers to go over the same thing time and again. This part of the discussion should have been done with days ago and moved on with more important stuff with how the heli actually flys...and price

OEM products like blade are not worth retail let alone clones.... and you can easily tell where his parts supplier got the design from...it isnt orignal. And yet again the orignal isnt worth that much so a copy must be worth less. If you want to pay 199 for a copy be my guest but a hobbiest who knows better will not.

Jump to the real issue and why he says it is better and where it is ..if it is.
Again even if it is better being a clone it should be a more reasonable price...though again if you want to pay a premium for a copy (better or not) be my guest
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Aug 09, 2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:53 AM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
324 Posts
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:59 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
415 Posts
How does this heli perform in "crash" test? I've read that small 3D heli are fragile, i'd like to have a 100 size CP as solid as my V911.
ercapoccia is online now Find More Posts by ercapoccia
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:23 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,148 Posts
Ok, let's settle this with the conclusion that it's not a one on one copy, but the basic structure does appear to be one, and only side by side comparing of both helis reveal the subtle differences, that the parts are not directly compatible.

Now we talk about perception. Despite that the parts are a little different, and the motors are apparently more powerful, the first impression will still be "hey, a cloned mCPx!" and potential buyers will wonder why it's still quite expensive. You can debate whether this stigma is justified or not, but that is what is most likely to happen, as this thread also shows. So HiSky can do 2 things, hope enough people will take the gamble of getting one, and will like it, or make the introduction price lower, so more people are tempted to try it out. I'm inclined to say the latter strategy is the better one for a brand that still has to make a name for itself, but it's also possible HiSky is only looking at getting maximum profit for each sold heli, and hope this compensates having lower quantities sold.

We'll see. It looks like a promising heli, if it's indeed an improvement on the mCP x, but the competition is strong.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:40 PM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Ok I own both a mcpx and a turnify fbl100. I have extensively flown and crashed both, the fbl100 has a more locked in feel and is very stable when transitioning inbetween 3d manoeuvres it does not have the pitching tendancies or the cyclic wobble that the mcpx gets. The tail is also very locked in and it has a little more power. However it is not as crashable as the mcpx I found the main gear came off the main shaft very easily, the bearing would come out of the frame and also the swashplate would come apart. Mcpx parts do fit straight onto the fbl100 I am now using mcpx main shaft main gear and swashplate many crashes pick it up fly it again. I have also owned both genius cp and minicp they outperform both and hold up well in crashes except for the servos as they do strip gears if you are not quick on throttle hold when you crash.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:30 AM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
What and where are the facts then? In what way is it better than the Mini CP and other competitors? Give us a detailed comparison between this heli and its competitors if you can.

Justify what you say or else you will come across as a completely ignorant person who just makes things up and doesn't know what he is talking about
Justify what? And to whom?

Check at the factory yourself. Easy I guess. Hong Kong is not that far from them. Shenzhen is even closer; but even then ....

You should have all possibilities to check what are facts and what are not.
Easy; but you maybe cannot? Why? Problematic question eh?

HobbyEUSZ
HobbyEurope is offline Find More Posts by HobbyEurope