HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:51 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeppley View Post
I'm almost too scared to say it, but they are probably still figuring out how to duplicate the board from the nano cp x, then change it's shape and call it new improved tech...LOL.

Anyway, for $80 bucks or so with a module, I'd still like to give it a whirl.
The FBL 80 is clearly a different heli from the Nano CPX. The anti-rotation bracket is at the front of the main frame rather than the left. There had been a lot of complaints about that on the mCPX on how it may affect the flight characteristics. So in theory, the FBL 80 may prove to be a better mechanical setup than the Nano CPX.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:55 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyEurope View Post
Planned launch of FBL80 was before the Mid-Autumn Festival (15th day of 8th lunar month), which starts today, 2012.09.29, in China.

Completion of the final hard testing program revealed too much vibration in the tail, so the FBL80 will not be available before after the Mid-Autumn Festival.

HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
Well hope it gets figured out soon! I cant wait to try it out if it indeed is $80 for the setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The anti-rotation bracket is at the front of the main frame rather than the left. There had been a lot of complaints about that on the mCPX on how it may affect the flight characteristics. So in theory, the FBL 80 may prove to be a better mechanical setup than the Nano CPX.
Front...left none of this matters. What matters is proper placement of the anit-rotation pin on the actual point of pivot. On the mcpx is wasnt placed in an optimal position and was below the pivot point. The fix was to move it to be on the same plane as the pivot point. So just having the rotation bracket to the front rather than left is nothing more than a cosmetic difference
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
Quote:
Not received any further message ... ?

Anyway; this plug can be found here: http://www.throttlestore.com/spare_p...).aspx?lang=EN

HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
thank you, .. in the meantime i got a sample from jst, it fited, i could solder it to the motor-wire ... so am back already...

in addition i found a precrimped wire with the jst sh 2 pin that probably fits at sparkfun.com

but its good to know, somebody outside takes care of the hisky...

macem
macem is offline Find More Posts by macem
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macem View Post
in addition i found a precrimped wire with the jst sh 2 pin that probably fits at sparkfun.com ...
ive got it today and it fits exactly... (as sparepart for the tail-motor-wire of the hisky/turnigy fbl100)
macem
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:36 AM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
... one more fact about the durability of the hisky fbl...

this is how the servo looks like inside after estimated 150 flights of rough (pitiless ...) 3d-attempts...each one ca 3.30 min and icl. estimated 100 crashes, mostly on grass... (left foto) .... this is how it looks as new (right)

the area of contact seems to be "well done"? the green between the black - are that brushmarks? the servo started to shiver at some stick-positions...

i guess, i had to replace it, do i...? or is it enough to clean the area of contact?

unfortunately, its hard to get...

macem
Last edited by macem; Oct 08, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:01 AM
Joined Aug 2006
59 Posts
hi-sky FBL100

anyone for a boring story? read on below...

i'd like to share how i ended up owning a hi-sky FBL100. i have been flying RC planes/helis for the last 15yrs (on and off) and wanted to have something i can fly in a vacant grassy lot (about half a football field) near our house in the city, where property is at a premium so goodbye to vast flying fields!

after getting up to speed on the latest buzz in EP helis, i bought a genius cp combo with devo7 two months ago. the decision wasn't very diffiicult since it was made by the popular walkera and it fit the bill for my usage. i wanted a high level of crash survivability for mostly 3D training and it delivered well. for the brief period i had it, i learned inverted hovering in the genius minus a simulator! something i never even attempted in my previous .60size nitro birds. so you can just imagine the countless crashes it had to endure. the mighty genius went through a lot after bashing just a frame/skid set, tail assembly, and a wasted main motor after running out of brushes due to such heavy use!

when i bought the genius, i also saw the hi-sky FBL100 in the LFS. in fact, the owner even recommended i consider the FBL100 over the genius cp since it was cheaper. genius cp with devo7 was USD186. FBL100 with basic TX is USD126. however, i settled for the more expensive genius for wanting the flexibility of a computer radio. at first the FBL100 did not appeal to me since it only had a basic radio, and the linear servos looked odd from a relative old timer like me who only recognizes black boxes with protruding arms! it never really caught my fancy since i was wearing blinders for the genius cp.

now for the change of heart... on the day before this writing, i bought a hi-sky
FBL100. i visited the LFS with the intent of getting a KDS450QS RTF pkg. it cost
USD202. which was quite cheap since it was already a larger 450heli. after further consideration, i believed a 450 size may not survive the kind of flying i do. it may be cheap to acquire but can be costly down the road since crashes, even minor ones can do some damage due to its mass/weight.

then i paid the FBL100 a second look! now that i am more informed about micro heli designs and what nots, i suddenly realized how nice this heli really was! had i been well-informed two months ago as i am now, i would have bought the hi-sky FBL100 hands down instead of the walkera genius cp! in fact, i may have bought two of it instead of buying another walkera V120D02S just a couple of weeks ago!

maiden flight was yesterday afternoon, with mild winds. it handled and tracked very well in FFF, pretty much like the genius but noticeably alot faster, owing to the more powerful motor. i also managed to crash it several times during inverted hover attempts, just being too low to the ground and having difficulty dialing in the proper collective due to the ratchet airplane type throttle on the TX, which i have already fixed to heli smooth feel after tweaking the insides. decent flight times of
+3 minutes in idle up mode, around 5 minutes scooting around in normal mode. i mostly did high speed circuits (it was really fast!) at hip level above the grassy lot just to break-in the lipos and familiarize with the heli orientation. since it was green, it can be quite puzzling at times with the overall green surroundings of trees and grass! on a fresh pack, i did some flips and rolls which was decent enough on box stock settings. i also did a few flights before this writing, same as yesterday with the exception of a really high speed face plant to the ground! alas, not even the slightest scratch, i just wiped off the morning dew and off it went again, many thanks to the grassy lot i guess!

for a closer look, i must admit the FBL100 is overall better engineered than the walkera genius cp. i like the main skids, although quite flimsy but flexible enough to absorb some level of punishment. unlike my genius which had a more brittle skid/main frame. the main frame is also well designed, simple but very rigid/compact to handle the motor's torque efficiently, unlike the genius where you can easily twist the flat main frame. from the swashplate going up, everything is more robust compared to the genius. the linear servos actually grew on me and does the job quite well, i suspect they may be digital as they have that familiar static buzz when they are at rest, constantly centering themselves. also, being linear by design, you get the true linear pitch settings, unlike radial arm servos that move in an arc, not linear at all. the canopy/mounting is also good, still scratchless after numerous crashes in two days. my genius canopy got torn off near the skids after just a minor smack at home furniture.

side by side the FBL100 is larger than the genius, it is actually much taller as well, a real benefit in flight especially for micro helis! although it is 5grams heavier than the genius at 50grams, it is actually lighter on its toes in overall handling, again owing to the motor and higher rate battery.

another major win for the FBL100 is the replacement parts. the local LFS has it in stock for quantities to support his 50pcs heli inventory! the great thing is that everything is significantly cheaper compared to walkera. for high value specifics, the linear servo cost only USD9.50 to replace, typical walkera sevos are in the +USD19. range. so you can just imagine how everything else is much cheaper.

now for the down sides which fortunately i can live with and accept, at least maybe for the time being:

would clamor for a computer radio only! swashplate travel needs more throws to execute faster flip/roll rates. i owe some crashes to the limited throws flipping close to the ground than i had to. limited negative collective travel in stock settings, hence not much bail out pitch for low inverted hovering, hence owing some more crashes i had to this dilemma. on maiden flight, the tail can be quite twitchy with the usual waggle from time to time, more of a nuisance now that i can live with after getting used to motor driven tails, as my genius on occasion also behaves that way.

other than that, it is so far an excellent heli for the kind of enjoyment it affords me during my precious off times where i can just walk out of the house and fly RC without anyone even hearing that i am there! try that with a nitro bird in the suburbs. its also packed with alot of excitement for its size only limited by the pilot's abilities. i'm also considering to buy another one, this time with the computer radio package, i just hope (the new one) it will bind with my existing
FBL100. the main objective being two helis with one TX only.

all for now as i will keep an eye on this thread for any developments...

cheers!
hawk01 is offline Find More Posts by hawk01
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:55 PM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
218 Posts
Does anybody know when spare parts will be available at HK store? We have been waiting for these parts about 3 months. It's just ridiculous, they sold us a product and then they are unable to support it.
Also i want to buy spare parts from HobbyEurope's store but unfortunately most of them are overpriced and even more expensive than the MCPX's parts.
So i'm wondering why a new customer should buy the FBL100 instead of the MCPX that has good parts availability?
HobbyEurope offer us better prices!
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:15 PM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter_new View Post
Does anybody know when spare parts will be available at HK store? We have been waiting for these parts about 3 months. It's just ridiculous, they sold us a product and then they are unable to support it.
Also i want to buy spare parts from HobbyEurope's store but unfortunately most of them are overpriced and even more expensive than the MCPX's parts.
So i'm wondering why a new customer should buy the FBL100 instead of the MCPX that has good parts availability?
HobbyEurope offer us better prices!
I know. I know.

HobbyEurope.Com web shop is connected to ThrottleStore.Com Norwegian web shop. Only the Norwegian VAT (MVA) is deducted at HobbyEurope.Com web shop. And all items are shipped to Norway first, and then shipped abroad.

Norway is a high cost country, as most people know. That's why the item prices are high. Especially on cheap items, like spare parts, because labour costs in Norway are very high.

Only thing that can be done about the HobbyEurope.Com web shop to lower the prices, is to set the currency rate of the Euro to a lower rate. This will not show at the web shop, only at the customers credit card, or Pay Pal account, when checking their account how much is deducted from their account in local currency.

The second thing that can be done, is to lower the freight costs.

Both these thing are easy to do, but not a good solution.

Anyway, HobbyEurope.Com programmer team has worked on a new web site/web shop that should been launched long time ago, but .... it looks to take longer time then planned.

All HiSKY items, and spare parts are in stock in HobbyEurope's ware house in Hong Kong. And can be shipped out from there already. But there is no way to order from there before the new web shop is ready.

I will try to figure out a safe and easy way to do this, this weekend, but cannot promise this for sure if it is possible or not.

HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
HobbyEurope is offline Find More Posts by HobbyEurope
Last edited by HobbyEurope; Oct 13, 2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:55 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,325 Posts
I have just heard rumors that Tarot will release a mCPX clone shortly which will be Spektrum DSM2 compatible. The heli will possibly be released within the next 2 months. It will probably be a much more complete clone than the Hisky / Turnigy FBL 100. In fact, Tarot is already making some mCPX compatible parts

http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-mcpx-pa...5_272_382.html
Last edited by zadaw; Oct 19, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:59 PM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
218 Posts
The thread isn't so active like the other micro's threads. Is it that people don't fly FBL100 or it isn't famous yet?
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:58 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter_new View Post
The thread isn't so active like the other micro's threads. Is it that people don't fly FBL100 or it isn't famous yet?
This heli is mainly sold in China where the mCPX is not well marketed.

However, there is a rebrand by HobbyKing called the Turnigy FBL 100 which is doing much better elsewhere.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:49 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,325 Posts
I have heard more about the Tarot clone from another source. Apparently, it is going to use the same servos as the HiSky FBL 100 but the overall design will be different. Again, it is likely to be Spektrum DSM2 compatible. Apparently, you can make equipment that can listen to a particular signal legally but not transmit. That means that Tarot cannot make a transmitter without a license from HH.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:27 AM
China, Jiangsu, Wuxi
Joined Apr 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, I cannot tell much more before I have the report from our technicians.
But what your are suggesting: I hope so.

Just some facts about us. We have been in this business for more than 40 years selling all over the world. I am not sure how much they allow me to tell in a forum like this. Maybe they will delete me.

Just now we are setting up a storage, warehouse, in Shenzhen, where most of the manufacturers are situated near by. The idea is to send everything from there to end users all over the world with the lowest freight costs possible. We have worked for long time how to lower the freight costs, but that is our secret how we do. And we can support people (at least by email) in every language. The logistics are not quite clear yet, but much of the items are stocked there already. I am not talking only about small helicopters, but big size 2m airplanes and up that is possible to ship out for less than 100 USD to USA and rest of the world.

And PowerPro brushlessmotors and ESC that have proven to outperform wellknown brandnames to more the tripple of the price. Same about our T-Power batteries (OEM made honest quality) and the Power Pro LiPo that outperform completely the newest Thunder Power Batteries, made by Fullymax, at a fraction of the price. The Thunder Power battery blew up but the PowerPro one was barely warm.

But first you USA citizens has to trust that people from other parts of the world can make things working too.

We have already beaten the Hobby Kings LiPo price of the "Turnigy" 3 S 2200mah LiPos.
But; the idea is not to throw out crap or beat Hobbyking, but deliver quality items to a fair price delivered at your doorstep.

HobbyEUSZ
You said it. "But first you USA citizens has to trust that people from other parts of the world can make things working too."

Chinese RC brands are chasing foreign brands, but we have more competitive price than them. So that more and more users will consider Chinese RC brands now.
Hobbyking just OEM on Chinese RC brands. Many users will buy a lot on its extremely lower retail price and trust more on Turnigy than Flysky.

We hope we could provide more higher quality RC goods with our own big Chinese brands! http://www.superior-hobby.com/
Superior Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Superior Hobby
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:46 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,367 Posts
meh...prices could still be a lot better
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:56 PM
Austria