Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:30 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,125 Posts
Still a bit vague, improved this, improved that. For instance what is exactly improved on the linear servos? Accuracy, durability, speed? Was there an issue with the older servos that made a change necesssary? Proof of the pudding is as always in the eating, not meant to be overly critical, but manufacturers of washing agent always claim the same things, better against stains, improved formula, etc...

Also still a bit strange that no price is fixed yet. Almost seems as though the response from the market, aka us, is being probed first, and this determines the final release price. Most companies state a price at product announcement, and when signals arrive that it's too high, drop it later.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:06 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Sep 07, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:12 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
$80 bucks for a nano with module sounds good...hopefully shipping will be 10 bucks or less
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:52 AM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Still a bit vague, improved this, improved that. For instance what is exactly improved on the linear servos? Accuracy, durability, speed? Was there an issue with the older servos that made a change necesssary? Proof of the pudding is as always in the eating, not meant to be overly critical, but manufacturers of washing agent always claim the same things, better against stains, improved formula, etc...

Also still a bit strange that no price is fixed yet. Almost seems as though the response from the market, aka us, is being probed first, and this determines the final release price. Most companies state a price at product announcement, and when signals arrive that it's too high, drop it later.
The membrane in the servos are changed from plastic to carbon.

The products available on the market has a fixed price of today.

These prices can be changed in the future, either up or down, without further notice. That's normal business procedure.

The items not available on the market yet, can only have an estimated price, since not everything is clear (fixed) yet. Negotiations with the factory are still going on, the packing is not quite ready yet etc. It is important to make the packing as small and light weight as possible, to reduce the shipping costs. But not so small and weak that it is easily damaged.

These new items are available for preorder at an estimated price. If the price changes to a lower price when delivered, the difference will be refunded. If the price is higher, all preorders will be delivered as ordered to the estimated price.

This is company policy. If a price change to a lower price, all orders that is not processed at that moment, will be changed to the lower price.

A new international website will be launched soon, that takes care of this automatically, together with a number of other useful matters both for the customer and the company.

HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
HobbyEurope is offline Find More Posts by HobbyEurope
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:03 AM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
$80 bucks for a nano with module sounds good...hopefully shipping will be 10 bucks or less
You are pretty close in estimation of the lowest shipping costs to the USA for this particulare item.

HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:56 AM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonal View Post
Hi Hobby Europe

ist not clear for me how order the new item from china....direct by Hisky? shop? you..?

Thks
Sorry for not seeing your questions before now.

The factory is not dealing directly with the end user. There has to be a certain volume, like more than 1-10k pcs, to get in position to deal directly with them.

Yes; you can pre order these items at www.hobbyeurope.com already now if you like to be sure to have it sent directly from China as soon as it is available. But sorry that the old web shop there cannot handle the correct prices sent from China. These prices are intended for delivery from stock in Norway. When the new website is launched, it will handle all these matters correctly.

As I stated; you can order these new items at the web shop in Norway, and when it is delivered from China, you will be refunded the difference.
But anyway; these new items is not available yet, as you can check at the website, either from Norway nor China, because they are not in regular production yet.

Yes; the organisation in China is already up and going, just waiting for the new website to be launched. Now they are mainly busy with dealing with the factories there, and shipping goods and samples to Norway.

They have already done some testing, by shipping samples to some end users around the world. And so far it seems to be working well.

Of the HiSky items, that already is available now, it is only the FBL100, that will make a certain difference in price, if delivered from Norway or China.
The small light weight items like RX, double charger, RF module etc can very well be shipped from any place.
Percentage there will be a difference, but we are then not talking about a certain sum of money ...

I have to be careful about promising too much, but if I can be of any assistance, just contact me, and I will try my best to help you out.

HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:11 PM
Italy
Joined Nov 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyEurope View Post
Sorry for not seeing your questions before now.

The factory is not dealing directly with the end user. There has to be a certain volume, like more than 1-10k pcs, to get in position to deal directly with them.

Yes; you can pre order these items at www.hobbyeurope.com already now if you like to be sure to have it sent directly from China as soon as it is available. But sorry that the old web shop there cannot handle the correct prices sent from China. These prices are intended for delivery from stock in Norway. When the new website is launched, it will handle all these matters correctly.

As I stated; you can order these new items at the web shop in Norway, and when it is delivered from China, you will be refunded the difference.
But anyway; these new items is not available yet, as you can check at the website, either from Norway nor China, because they are not in regular production yet.

Yes; the organisation in China is already up and going, just waiting for the new website to be launched. Now they are mainly busy with dealing with the factories there, and shipping goods and samples to Norway.

They have already done some testing, by shipping samples to some end users around the world. And so far it seems to be working well.

Of the HiSky items, that already is available now, it is only the FBL100, that will make a certain difference in price, if delivered from Norway or China.
The small light weight items like RX, double charger, RF module etc can very well be shipped from any place.
Percentage there will be a difference, but we are then not talking about a certain sum of money ...

I have to be careful about promising too much, but if I can be of any assistance, just contact me, and I will try my best to help you out.

HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
Sorry but I've not understood if I will be able to buy FBL100/FBL80 in Europe to avoid customs since I'm european.
Will it be possible from www.hobbyeurope.com?
Thanks.
matrixFLYER is offline Find More Posts by matrixFLYER
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:50 PM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixFLYER View Post
Sorry but I've not understood if I will be able to buy FBL100/FBL80 in Europe to avoid customs since I'm european.
Will it be possible from www.hobbyeurope.com?
Thanks.
Nobody can avoid customs without cheating.

If you live in an EU country and buy from or within an EU country the VAT is already added to the price.

If you live in an EU country and buy from a country outside EU, like China or Norway (Norway is not member of the EU), no VAT is paid when order. That means the price will be lower. A net price without VAT.

Then it is up to the customs in your country to charge you the VAT or not, when you receive it.

So www.hobbyeurope.com only charge VAT from customers inside Norway, if the item is sent them from the Norwegian ware house. Sent from China, they do not charge VAT from any customers. Not the Norwegian customers either.

HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
Last edited by HobbyEurope; Sep 09, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:14 AM
Italy
Joined Nov 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Nobody can avoid customs without cheating.

If you live in an EU country and buy from or within an EU country the VAT is already added to the price.

If you live in an EU country and buy from a country outside EU, like China or Norway (Norway is not member of the EU), no VAT is paid when order. That means the price will be lower. A net price without VAT.

Then it is up to the customs in your country to charge you the VAT or not, when you receive it.

So www.hobbyeurope.com only charge VAT from customers inside Norway, if the item is sent them from the Norwegian ware house. Sent from China, they do not charge VAT from any customers. Not the Norwegian customers either.

HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
Ooops I thought Norway was Europe :-X my ignorance!
matrixFLYER is offline Find More Posts by matrixFLYER
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
back to topic ...some impressions of the turnigy-masked hisky fbl100 ...

concerning the comparison to the mcpx ... after testing the hisky for one weekend i would say it that way (even i cannot compare directly): for the first 50 flights, i did not feel the need for upgrades for the hisky itselfs ... but rather for my pilot-skills ... some mcpx-newbies told another story...

the hisky ( i guess mine is the boosted/improved one, i was wondering about the plug of the lipo-wire soldered at the backside of the platine, older pictures show it at the frontside... )

• is very stable in ff
• very crash resistant (even the canopy is weak as that...), no broken parts but tailboom (but it is still flyable!!!)
• the stick-ways on the not-programmable standard tx need getting used to
• the tail holds more than enough for simple 3d moves... (flips nick and aileron, funnels, rolls, inverted, loops, even tic-tocs - but slow-motion-style...), if ...
...important:
... if the idle-up-pitch-range is set correct (the factory-values did not fit at all, to less negativ pitch, i had to adjust the ballcups...),
... and if the lipo is at its max power (only for one minute or so...)
• the piru-rates indeed are a little bit poor (unfortunately not really changeable with standard tx...)

my next test will concern tuning lipos and 3d-blades, the standard-nipple-blades reduce the lead/lag, good for ff, bad for 3d...

30 flights later i affirm my first reports, but some wear bothers a little bit...

• the upper and lower part of the swash badly need some glue (or replacement)
• the tail-motor faded away...
• raising slackness in the rotorhead becomes annoying

macem
macem is offline Find More Posts by macem
Last edited by macem; Sep 10, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:49 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I have never seen a first poster give such a detailed breakdown of how a CP helicopter works for them...nice job!

Can you post some videos of you doing flips nick and aileron, funnels, rolls, inverted, loops and even tic-tocs.I would like to see how it responds to that type of flight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:12 AM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
... thanks a lot... as soon as i get the tail in shape again, i try to take some vids of the little bird...

... but it could last longer, as i broke the tailwire-plug-connection when dissambling the tailmotor (needless - to replace tailmotor/boom you only have to unsolder the connection near the motor, not to unconnect the wires to the plug ...)

... and unfortunately there is no such thing as sparepart like a ready-for-use plug-crimped tailmotor-wire !!!

macem

btw - its my second post here, but not my second at all, i am used to (450-) rc-helis for some years (and some more euros...)
Last edited by macem; Sep 11, 2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:17 AM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macem View Post
back to topic ...some impressions of the turnigy-masked hisky fbl100 ...

concerning the comparison to the mcpx ... after testing the hisky for one weekend i would say it that way (even i cannot compare directly): for the first 50 flights, i did not feel the need for upgrades for the hisky itselfs ... but rather for my pilot-skills ... some mcpx-newbies told another story...

the hisky ( i guess mine is the boosted/improved one, i was wondering about the plug of the lipo-wire soldered at the backside of the platine, older pictures show it at the frontside... )

is very stable in ff
very crash resistant (even the canopy is weak as that...), no broken parts but tailboom (but it is still flyable!!!)
the stick-ways on the not-programmable standard tx need getting used to
the tail holds more than enough for simple 3d moves... (flips nick and aileron, funnels, rolls, inverted, loops, even tic-tocs - but slow-motion-style...), if ...
...important:
... if the idle-up-pitch-range is set correct (the factory-values did not fit at all, to less negativ pitch, i had to adjust the ballcups...),
... and if the lipo is at its max power (only for one minute or so...)
the piru-rates indeed are a little bit poor (unfortunately not really changeable with standard tx...)

my next test will concern tuning lipos and 3d-blades, the standard-nipple-blades reduce the lead/lag, good for ff, bad for 3d...

30 flights later i affirm my first reports, but some wear bothers a little bit...

the upper and lower part of the swash badly need some glue (or replacement)
the tail-motor faded away...
raising slackness in the rotorhead becomes annoying

macem
According to your experience with the helicopter, it is unlikely that you have the latest enhanced version.

How you are finding the standard transmitter is 100% correct. You need the X-6S transmitter to get the most out of this helicopter capabilities.

Otherwise very useful user information. Keep up the good work.

HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:29 AM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
Quote:
... According to your experience with the helicopter, it is unlikely that you have the latest enhanced version.
HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com
... a little bit confused, for more or less i am comfortable with that heli... but i am amenable to improvements at all times ...

... special question: is there a sparepart like a ready-for-use plug-crimped tailmotor-wire? i distroyed mine yesterday and dont know, what to do now...?

edit: now i know the right word - i am looking for the tailmotorwire incl. fiting 2-pin-connector

macem
Last edited by macem; Sep 12, 2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:56 AM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macem View Post
... a little bit confused, for more or less i am comfortable with that heli... but i am amenable to improvements at all times ...

... special question: is there a sparepart like a ready-for-use plug-crimped tailmotor-wire? i distroyed mine yesterday and dont know, what to do now...?

edit: now i know the right word - i am looking for the tailmotorwire incl. fiting 2-pin-connector

macem
Of course you cannot. Improvements will be done continously ... so ...

I am not sure if that exists as a spare part.

Have you checked the spare part list in the manual?
I suppose you already have done that.

Anyway, if the connector still is ok, and you can get to the wire ends, you can solder any thin wire in between.

I will notice HiSKY that they have to think of a solution to replace this wire, because it can be cut accidently when crashing.

HobbyEUSZ

www.hobbyeurope.com