HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Hallmark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 07:26 AM
Australia, SA, Munno Para
Joined Feb 2012
117 Posts
Mini-Review
Great New Workbench by 'Craftright'

As I said in my last blog here is my new workbench. Yes it replaces the old one located in the kitchen (somewhere around the vicinity of the dining table), which my wife is very glad about and it folds away to almost nothing too so it has her all-round consent, which is not often available where the boy's toys are concerned!

In all seriousness though this is a great workbench. It is made of a tough and durable plastic and the aluminium legs are really well made too. Each of the halves has locking mechanisms on the cross bar and is secure enough to hold 130kg+, while the bottom shelf will hold 9kg. It folds down to 100mm (4") wide, so it will fit into the space between the washer and dryer quite nicely (as long as you put a cloth over it to protect it from the enamel on these machines).

There is a table rule on each side (metric and imperial) and the cut outs are great for placing those screwy items that like to wander off while not being used. The vice on the end has independent winding action for those quirky parts with weird angles, like the wings and there is a surprising amount of control on the winder so EPO isn't crushed or marked while being held firmly for wiring or taping over bumps and bruises. There are four plastic inserts that can be used to keep your project off the surface so if you're painting, wiring or just admiring this is a great platform to have with you.

This manufacturer has thought ahead for us too and made the units so they can interlock and essentially grow as big as required. So as the model grows the workspace can increase (this is handy in case the significant other says too much room is being used because you grow as you go rather than starting big... )

Click on the thumbs for a little more detail, but for only $99.00 AUD this was a great buy and I intend buying a second as soon as I pick up my F/A18e in the near future. I got this from Bunnings and if you're trying to Google it on your other screen don't bother, I spent an hour looking for it to show the Director of Finance and Recreation before I bought it and I could not find it anywhere.

Otherwise this was a great find and a permanent addition to my workspace and flying field kit. I hope you found this review helpful.

(PS: I do not work for any of the companies mentioned.)
Hallmark is offline Find More Posts by Hallmark
to remove ads between posts