That looks superb fabryd, it almost makes me want to go buy a new mouse

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:15 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,796 Posts
Makes you remember all the packaging youve already binned...
davereap is online now Find More Posts by davereap
Last edited by davereap; Sep 26, 2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:40 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabryd View Post
This is my mouse package canopy....
Nicely done, but just replace the white prop with the black one, since it is + mode.
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:35 PM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Sep 2006
70 Posts
Ty.... i'll replace the prop, now i fly well also if its + mode... i'm a bit lazy...
fabryd is offline Find More Posts by fabryd
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:51 AM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
275 Posts
Cheaper and lighter alternative canopy for the mQX http://www.symatoystore.com/Syma-Spa...s/X1-03-Body03 4 $ and just 5 gram (original is 6 grams)
NEW STORE: $2.25 and free shipping http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Sy...3-p-54208.html
oxygen is online now Find More Posts by oxygen
Last edited by oxygen; Nov 08, 2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: new store added
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:34 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Once you get the bug to come up with new canopies you never stop looking. I've actually found myself buying something only for the package it came in because it looked like it would make a great canopy, and then doing nothing with what I bought. Control, must exercise more control. Fortunately the last canopy contender I got was packaging something I did need, a new soldering tip cleaning station.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:32 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
Once you get the bug to come up with new canopies you never stop looking. I've actually found myself buying something only for the package it came in because it looked like it would make a great canopy, and then doing nothing with what I bought. Control, must exercise more control. Fortunately the last canopy contender I got was packaging something I did need, a new soldering tip cleaning station.
Where is the pic?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:32 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,796 Posts
Messing about I knocked up a canopy from 2mm depron..
First , I made a rough model for size, then fitted a body round that..
What surprised me was the made up body came out 1gm lighter than the molded original, even after I covered it with tape..

Manufacture needs a lot more thought, I dont like this shape , so I will be looking at more of a helicopter shape for next time
davereap is online now Find More Posts by davereap
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:03 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,488 Posts
Very nice thread and many good ideas. Thuth be known I like my stock as is ! I was lucky to find a good used RTF and came with a new extra canopy / blades. I might get a V929 bnf and use extras as real looking clone.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:50 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Where is the pic?
Sorry haven't checked the thread for awhile. Anyway this is the contender I found when I bought a soldering tip cleanig station, it was the package it came in. Not sure exactly what to do with it, I kinda like the idea of leaving it clear. I've just trimmed away most of the excess plastic with final trim and boom hole placement still to be done.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:33 AM
...you hear that, Mr Anderson?
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2012
77 Posts
Quad DropShip Question:

Thetis... if it's not too much trouble, could you perhaps post a tutorial on how you did this? The Dropship canopy is AMAZING ... it's my favourite of all the ones I've seen... I would LOVE to be able to put this on my V94 when it arrives.

splitair... you are the man!

Quote:
<snip> I took a lot of work including paper cutting, Elmer's glue, scotch tape and velcro to arrive on what you see on the attached pics. I wanted to make sure that the changing of the the battery is easy (velcro gave me a hand) and the last task I have is to make sure the body fits in a very secure way for taking her on the sky. This task is not accomplished yet, so this is work still in progress, so stay tuned.. Any ideas on how to secure the shell on the body are welcomed.
Quote:
Finally, I resolved the problems of mounting and sitting on the pods instead of her belly.<snip>
Could you perhaps
Inevitability is offline Find More Posts by Inevitability
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:01 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
Quad DropShip Question:

Thetis... if it's not too much trouble, could you perhaps post a tutorial on how you did this? The Dropship canopy is AMAZING ... it's my favourite of all the ones I've seen... I would LOVE to be able to put this on my V94 when it arrives.

splitair... you are the man!

Could you perhaps
Post 112 has a PDF file which I printed through Photoshop. My post 124 has a picture of how the problem is resolved. The plastic cut out is from a McDonalds milk bottle for kids.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:06 AM
Joined Jan 2013
204 Posts
So I was looking at my box for the 1SQ and saw a canopy in the packaging. The plastic packing oh hell here's a pic.. lol
cut this part of the packing.

To make this canopy

I think it came out pretty decent.. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to paint it. :thumbup:
mr_3_0_5 is offline Find More Posts by mr_3_0_5
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:35 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,270 Posts
Cutting a plastic bottle in a different way as usual, you can have some real body as result...
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:05 PM
Can you flip that over for me?
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2013
112 Posts
Love the 1SQ packaging canopy. Gonna do that for sure. But here's what I've been up to. Gonna finish it this weekend and see how it goes.
superfets is offline Find More Posts by superfets