HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:28 AM
Registered User
Volunteer's Avatar
United States, TN, Soddy-Daisy
Joined Mar 2006
403 Posts
Made from the top of a Tuscan Garden Vinegar bottle. The holes were made with a soldering iron. Weights 3 grams more than the original and is tough as a $2 dollar steak. The hole in the top makes it easy to pick up and launch.
Volunteer is online now Find More Posts by Volunteer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:23 PM
Registered User
Ozark,AR
Joined Nov 2005
148 Posts
That looks really cool, amazing what you can find to make these things with.
Very creative.
Jeff
arauser is offline Find More Posts by arauser
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:36 PM
Registered User
cwilde's Avatar
Joined Oct 2007
57 Posts
Anybody tried out this canopy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-MQX-En...item3f1878e159

$14, and it comes with pre-installed LED lights!
cwilde is offline Find More Posts by cwilde
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:59 PM
Flying Monkey
heli-yeah's Avatar
Lexington, KY
Joined Aug 2010
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilde View Post
Anybody tried out this canopy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-MQX-En...item3f1878e159

$14, and it comes with pre-installed LED lights!
They are PNP, but they are not pre-installed!

Also, you have to paint it yourself, check the fourth photo on the eBay page.
heli-yeah is offline Find More Posts by heli-yeah
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:59 PM
Registered User
cwilde's Avatar
Joined Oct 2007
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-yeah View Post
They are PNP, but they are not pre-installed!

Also, you have to paint it yourself, check the fourth photo on the eBay page.
For that price, it works for me...
cwilde is offline Find More Posts by cwilde
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2012, 05:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
232 Posts
Bottom of a plastic tonic bottle and a set of nav lights for night flights.

teflon97239 is offline Find More Posts by teflon97239
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:47 PM
Registered User
joemi's Avatar
United States, WA, Kent
Joined Sep 2001
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilde View Post
Anybody tried out this canopy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-MQX-En...item3f1878e159

$14, and it comes with pre-installed LED lights!
In case anyone is wondering like myself, what color of the rear light was - its blue. I couldn't tell from the eBay picture, but I found some more here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9095866&type=3
joemi is offline Find More Posts by joemi
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:24 PM
Registered User
OnceAFly's Avatar
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Wow very nice ideas here with all kinds of stuff can use to make canopy
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:06 PM
Registered User
United States, WV, Williamstown
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
Hybrid Mqx

Built a hybrid- MQX board, Ladybird struts and motors. Needed better visual for orientation. This is what I came up with. Real nice flyer.

xrsmith is offline Find More Posts by xrsmith
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:54 PM
Flying mostly micro's
BlueHavoc's Avatar
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrsmith View Post
Built a hybrid- MQX board, Ladybird struts and motors. Needed better visual for orientation. This is what I came up with. Real nice flyer.

sweet!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:52 PM
Registered User
cwilde's Avatar
Joined Oct 2007
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemi View Post
In case anyone is wondering like myself, what color of the rear light was - its blue. I couldn't tell from the eBay picture, but I found some more here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9095866&type=3
Nice find. I ordered it, and now I'm brainstorming colour schemes...

Any ideas? General Lee? Gold?
cwilde is offline Find More Posts by cwilde
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:26 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
23 Posts
Hey Guys!
I donīt know if you American Guys also know those "Kinder-Joy" Surprise Eggs
we know in Germany. A great and cheap way to get a new cool looking canopy.

I got one on my mQX/Ladybird Hybrid. The sound of the little thing reminded me much of an swarm of beeīs. So i made an "Maja The Bee" canopy.

http://www.rcmovie.de/video/c57bef98...adybird-Hybrid

Itīs also fun on the original mQX as you can see there
http://modellbau-oberhausen.de/onlin...inderJoy+1.JPG
I think this is pretty cool, so i made one similar to that
Now i can fly my mQX in diverent styles.
How about that idea
Wasser-mQX.wmv (2 min 38 sec)
Darksmile is offline Find More Posts by Darksmile
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:18 PM
Registered User
exita's Avatar
Joined Apr 2009
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksmile View Post
Hey Guys!
I donīt know if you American Guys also know those "Kinder-Joy" Surprise Eggs
we know in Germany. A great and cheap way to get a new cool looking canopy.

I got one on my mQX/Ladybird Hybrid. The sound of the little thing reminded me much of an swarm of beeīs. So i made an "Maja The Bee" canopy.

http://www.rcmovie.de/video/c57bef98...adybird-Hybrid

Itīs also fun on the original mQX as you can see there
http://modellbau-oberhausen.de/onlin...inderJoy+1.JPG
I think this is pretty cool, so i made one similar to that
Now i can fly my mQX in diverent styles.
How about that idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CwJIeSgMT4
Man thats beautiful :thumbup:
exita is offline Find More Posts by exita
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:41 PM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
kosem's Avatar
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksmile View Post
Hey Guys!
I donīt know if you American Guys also know those "Kinder-Joy" Surprise Eggs
we know in Germany. A great and cheap way to get a new cool looking canopy.

I got one on my mQX/Ladybird Hybrid. The sound of the little thing reminded me much of an swarm of beeīs. So i made an "Maja The Bee" canopy.

http://www.rcmovie.de/video/c57bef98...adybird-Hybrid

Itīs also fun on the original mQX as you can see there
http://modellbau-oberhausen.de/onlin...inderJoy+1.JPG
I think this is pretty cool, so i made one similar to that
Now i can fly my mQX in diverent styles.
How about that idea

Wooooow!!
That's really lovely :--)))
Great work my friend, congrats!
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:12 PM
Registered User
cyclo's Avatar
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2012
205 Posts
mQX Mods

Mods to my mQX: (a) High intensity front and back LEDs powered by a separate 150 mah LiPo helps me figure out orientation better when flying in the dusk. (b) Shock absorbing zip ties that double as "lifters" which is useful when flying the mQX in the park so grass don't reach the motors/props area.





cyclo is online now Find More Posts by cyclo
Last edited by cyclo; Jul 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Help with Alternate Canopy JHawk19 Micro Helis 4 Oct 06, 2011 02:47 PM
Discussion Alternate Brushed motors for PKZ Micros msdumo Power Systems 5 Sep 21, 2011 02:21 PM
Discussion PKZ Ultra Micros - Alternate motor discussion msdumo Micro Ready-to-Fly 4 Sep 17, 2011 03:48 PM
Discussion COAX Scale bodies and mods gbruce Scale Helicopters 6 Dec 20, 2007 05:09 AM
Alternate bodies on H-II gstew Micro Helis 8 Mar 28, 2004 12:24 AM