HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Hallmark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:37 AM
Australia, SA, Munno Para
Joined Feb 2012
117 Posts
Discussion
Starting out in RC Planes

G'day everyone, I'm Hallmark (aka Jayson) and I am here to benefit from the experience of all who care to participate. I recently decided to get back into the RC Plane game after many years away and I have made some significant investments. Please feel free to comment on the following and let me know of any matters that may help me out etc.

I bought a Phoenix Flight Sim with the Spektrum DX5e. I like both items and have enjoyed learning to fly (again) with this tool. I feared that the real deal would not be quite so forgiving and unfortunately I was correct.

I bought an FMS Cessna 182 and an AR600 Rx, built it and decided to fly on my birthday. That flight went very poorly to say the least. By the time I noticed the flap servos were mounted wrong and I had activated the flaps in flight, it was all over (save for the swearing ). So now I am taking a step back and buying a AXN Floater - I'll let you know if that maiden flight is any better...

My next acquisition was a Futaba 10CHG Tx with a R6208SB Rx unit. Although I bought this at the same time as all the other gear, it arrived a week or so later. I have only played with it on my Phoenix Sim and so far it is pretty nice. I hope to use this radio for a turbine that I will begin to build later this year, but in the interim I shall use it for whatever I can get in and fly. (On that topic; if anyone knows where I can get an F18 Super Hornet and/or F14 Tom Cat airframe suitable for turbine please post or PM me.)

I have also put the Aussie Anniversary FA/18e EDF from Model Flight on Lay-by and will use that as my first detailed build. Nothing like jumping into the deep end huh? I hope to show pictures in the next week or two (got to go slow or the wife will feed me to the dogs.)

That will do for now, more later on as I have a great workbench I want to show you all, I found it in Bunnings and it is great!
Hallmark is offline Find More Posts by Hallmark
to remove ads between posts