HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2012, 05:13 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balesse View Post
Si, here are some picts of the 4 channel Assan. Unfortunately the chips have their markings scraped off. Too bad as I would love to have a Hitec compatible version of this. It is a 3g receiver and has normal servo pins which is great for most of my planes.

If you think you could actually make it work, I'll send you one to play with.
I've got a good look at this and done a bit of research on the Assan chipset used. It appears that they use the Nordic nRF24 based devices, and my best guess on the main radio chipset is the nRF24LE1. If someone knows any better let me know.

The only unusual thing is if it is that chip, I'd have expected the crystal to be at the top of the board (as in, above the IC in the pictures orientation). That makes me not certain that it is a nRF24LE1 - unless it is a bad PCB design.

However I'm 99% certain its not CC2500 based (chipset Hitec use), as that is a 20-pin package, rather than the Assan's 24-pin.

So unfortunately I don't think that receiver brand would be convertible.

Cheers,
Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2012, 11:01 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
Out of interest, does any one know what chipset the Hobbico AnyLink uses (not that we can get it in the UK, yet)?
The AnyLink is a Tactic TX basically. It seems either it's the same as the Futaba FHSS/S-FHSS or Futaba put something in their radio to make it compatible. I know someone around has one, I'll see if I can track one down. Might want to hit up the 9xforums as those guys are always hacking hardware and I'm guessing one of them could supply you with images.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old May 15, 2012, 07:02 PM
Sweden
Joined Oct 2002
818 Posts
Bravo!

Quote:
Hi Vuoladodo,

This thread is still alive! Sorry to everyone watching for the delay. I'm (and a couple of friends) currently rigorously testing out my first project from this work - as stated previously its a micro 5 channel parkfly 2.4GHz receiver (based on the FrSky VD5M) - 1.6g without case - ideal for indoor, cheap foam models, etc. Currently its been going well with no issues. As its a parkflyer receiver, the range is not as good as the full-range Hitec receivers (its the same as the original FrSky VD5M firmware) - however it still is capable of 300 metres (~1000 feet). So by the time your out of range, the model would be a small blip in the sky.

I have been hoping to get a video up online, and a couple of receivers for sale on eBay (for first initial rollout) last week, however full-time work demands have meant I haven't had a chance too. I've pencilled in to complete a short demo video tomorrow (Monday) and get 3 up on eBay too. Expect the price - initially - to be around 16 (+2.50 for worldwide shipping) approx $30 USD. Hopefully I can get the price reduced if I bulk buy in the future (depending on demand). Of course, even though these receivers will be cheaper than the Hitec originals, its not the aim to produce the cheapest possible receiver. I want to offer receivers that have functionality or features that Hitec don't offer themselves. Hence the start on micro receivers. However saying that, I still want to keep them keenly priced!

Cheers,

Si.
Keep up the good work mate! And keep us informed!
Mike-A is offline Find More Posts by Mike-A
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:57 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
Joined Aug 2011
940 Posts
Hi all,

Couple of things.

Firstly, I'm working on and testing out a new full range non-telemetry receiver with PPM and RSSI output. However to test out the RSSI function I need to connect it to something. If there is anyone in the FPV crowd here, it would be useful to know of a decent, cheap OSD that has RSSI input I can test with.

Secondly, I have 14 more VD5M receivers in, ready to be programmed! Yay! I hope to get them programmed this weekend, and up on eBay shortly after. I'll throw an update up once I've got them up.

Cheers,
Si.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:41 PM
Impossible? Hah!
Oslo Fornebu, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
3,074 Posts
Hey again Simon.
You may not have seen my other/related project but taking a look here and sending me missing info may be helpfull:
http://kreature.org/projects/2.4g/2.4GHz_overview.ods
KreAture is offline Find More Posts by KreAture
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:59 PM
Auckland, NZ
Joined Sep 2009
365 Posts
Do you need an OSD that gives rssi reading as a percentage or is voltage fine?

Quote:
Hi all,

Couple of things.

Firstly, I'm working on and testing out a new full range non-telemetry receiver with PPM and RSSI output. However to test out the RSSI function I need to connect it to something. If there is anyone in the FPV crowd here, it would be useful to know of a decent, cheap OSD that has RSSI input I can test with.

Secondly, I have 14 more VD5M receivers in, ready to be programmed! Yay! I hope to get them programmed this weekend, and up on eBay shortly after. I'll throw an update up once I've got them up.

Cheers,
Si.
bingo17 is offline Find More Posts by bingo17
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:45 AM
Joined Feb 2003
3,754 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,

Cheers,
Si.
Hi Simon,

Did you get these on ebay?
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:03 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,467 Posts
Better yet, will you sell one direct, with paypal payment?

Sorry, I hate fleabay.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:00 PM
...just an earth bound misfit
Joined Mar 2010
657 Posts
+1 on the fleabay, but (if I could actually get sync'd with the timezone and listings) I'd make an exception for something this special.
Dirt-Torpedo is offline Find More Posts by Dirt-Torpedo
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:24 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
Joined Aug 2011
940 Posts
To all those waiting patiently, they've been programmed, and tested and so they are almost ready to go! What has been holding it up at the moment is that the postman seem to have lost or delayed my shipment of Jiffy Bags. So I'll have to ordered some more and hope they will come soon.

Rest assured, once I've sorted that and got them ready to sell, I'll let all you guys know on here first.

If people are interested, I certainly can sell direct rather than through eBay. The only reason I went towards eBay was that it offers protection and a bit of reassurance if people were worried that I was trying to scam them. Certainly I'm not, but I would personally be very cautious about buying stuff from some random nutter on a forum.

Si
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SimonChambers; Jun 22, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:58 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,467 Posts
Well, Mr. Nutter, I'll take two, and not on fleabay!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:24 PM
United States, NC
Joined Sep 2001
28 Posts
pm sent for 2, please!
rc4j is offline Find More Posts by rc4j
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:43 PM
It's a spiderweb of knit lines
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,638 Posts
I'm in for two.
mcross is offline Find More Posts by mcross
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:53 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,785 Posts
Great to see the interest, Simon. Well done.

Do you have any plans of producing one that can be a satellite, just outputting PPM or SBus.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:32 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,313 Posts
i would be in for two as well without going to ebay
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102