SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:00 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2007
99 Posts
Ow, well doesnt matter, was confused with the optima6. Mainly use it for indoor anyways
BasTijs is offline Find More Posts by BasTijs
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:16 PM
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
I got it, and here is what I propose: I'll send the details by pm, if you agree, but I'd like for you to send a small, padded envelope, self-addressed, with stamps, for first class or whatever you want, using a weight of no more than 2 ounces.

I'll wait until it arrives, the ask for paypal payment and drop it in the mail, if you agree.

It's a good thing both of us are old and slow!
I'm sorry Johnathan, but this seems a bit convoluted for me. Since they are now available at HK, I'm going that route. Thanks anyway.
Greywing is offline Find More Posts by Greywing
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:41 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Yeah, hk has a full sized one too, but just the micro one for $22. Here
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:47 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
I just ordered one of the 8ch ones for $22.
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:54 PM
Koo
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin3rsAllDay View Post
I just ordered one of the 8ch ones for $22.
Okay, let us know how that works for you. Right now I'm using 9x with FrSky but if I ever get into bigger planes, I might just need to get hitec
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:02 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,949 Posts
Why ?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:08 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Even though all the testing has been done with the micro ones the one I ordered to test will be going in a cheap plane and any expensive planes I have will still get the genuine hitec ones. I will report back after I receive it and have had a chance to fully test it.
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:18 PM
Koo
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Why ?
Well FrSky is awesome but since I have 9x, the quality could be better. Right now my most expensive plane is skywalker 168 and even with all the FPV ge"ar, in case of complete loss of the plane, I'd lose "only" $300.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:29 PM
Auckland, NZ
Joined Sep 2009
375 Posts
Simon, will the V8R4-II be a future option?
bingo17 is offline Find More Posts by bingo17
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:32 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo17 View Post
Simon, will the V8R4-II be a future option?
Certainly is a possibility. If HK hadn't sent me the old version, I would be testing it right now!

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:34 PM
Auckland, NZ
Joined Sep 2009
375 Posts
Would you be able to sell them privately?

I need some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
Certainly is a possibility. If HK hadn't sent me the old version, I would be testing it right now!

Si.
bingo17 is offline Find More Posts by bingo17
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:08 PM
...just an earth bound misfit
Joined Mar 2010
660 Posts
Anybody seen a manual for PRODUCT ID: 236000011 yet?

I bought the 8 ch HK MINIMA, on impulse to use with one of my helis, and am wondering what the servo ports do when the rx is put into PPM mode?

Ideally PWM channels would be available in addition to the serial PPM transmissions. Imagine a scale heli with a flybarless flight controller for example, the FC doesn't typically deal with auxiliary channels such as retracts and lights.

PS: Nice to see stock at -9 already.
Dirt-Torpedo is offline Find More Posts by Dirt-Torpedo
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:36 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,911 Posts
For the 5 ch Rx, Simon said when PPM/RSSI was enabled that 5/6/7 were output on ch 3/4/5, so I suspect it will be the same for the 8 ch, but you'll probably get 5/6/7/8/9 on ch 3/4/5/6/7. I'm sure Simon will confirm.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:03 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,271 Posts
Second successful installation, Si: Mountain Models Cessna 180. Great job on these receivers-guess I'll have to order some from HK (holding nose)!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:36 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Second successful installation, Si: Mountain Models Cessna 180. Great job on these receivers-guess I'll have to order some from HK (holding nose)!
Great to hear! I've currently got my micros in the Skyangel Mig-15 35mm and A-10. Also got another type of receiver in my main weekly flying hack models - Black Horse Travel Air and Wot4 Foam-E. Even though the Wot4 is electric, I've actually got used to flying it without telemetry - which I didn't think I would. In fact the receivers have just survived another accident today after I was practicing inverted spins and pulled out too late!

Out with the Gorilla Glue.... Receiver still works well though!

Ah good ol' HobbyKing. As we say in Britain, they're like Marmite (Vegemite or Vegex elsewhere) - you either love them or hate them. However the main thing is that they can offer stuff at prices that I could never compete with.

Now I want to say thank-you to everyone who has followed this thread, offer support & enthusiasm and of course, being prepared to take the risk of buying the first lots. If it wasn't for this, this thread would have died away and I would have just been quietly running these receivers away in my own planes.

Hopefully I have also given more reason for people to buy the fabulous Hitec transmitters - instead of those common as muck Spektrum radios.

Cheers,
Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member