HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:15 AM
...just an earth bound misfit
Joined Mar 2010
660 Posts
The problem with clarity seems like it has more to do with twitter style statements than with translation.

It also seems pretty clear that most folks are happier with normal sized servo connectors, but I'm very glad to have Simon's VD5Ms to stuff into very small packages, and I'm good with using adapters where necessary.

Hopefully FrSky is keeping an eye on this thread instead of expecting people to join twitter to let them know what we think. The average demographic for any RC videos I've put on YouTube is 40s & 50s which is I think a lot less likely to be a tweeter.

FrSky also make a small 4chan that hits 2.8g (naked) with standard servo connectors. Maybe they could offer an AHFSS version of that if you ask them nice? http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=135

Dirt-Torpedo is offline Find More Posts by Dirt-Torpedo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:49 AM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Mar 2007
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt-Torpedo View Post
FrSky also make a small 4chan that hits 2.8g (naked) with standard servo connectors. Maybe they could offer an AHFSS version of that if you ask them nice? http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=135

I would also enjoy the small 4 channel receivers. It makes it so nice for little gliders, wings and other park fliers.
karl k is offline Find More Posts by karl k
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Sep 2004
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
They are asking if there is any interest in AFHSS in their V8FR & VD5M packages
evolusia is offline Find More Posts by evolusia
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:53 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,684 Posts
G, sus, does the Pope wear red shoes? I'd love some more of these little rascals, whether from Si or FrSky.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:08 AM
Impossible? Hah!
Oslo Fornebu, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
3,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhoogs View Post
That squiggly line with a dot below it makes it a question. It seems to me that they want to know if there is any interest before they commit. The question stands on it's own, no need for any links or explaination.

Anyone can become a twitter user, it takes only a few minutes.
You don't need a birdbrain?
KreAture is offline Find More Posts by KreAture
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:39 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt-Torpedo View Post
The problem with clarity seems like it has more to do with twitter style statements than with translation.

It also seems pretty clear that most folks are happier with normal sized servo connectors, but I'm very glad to have Simon's VD5Ms to stuff into very small packages, and I'm good with using adapters where necessary.

Hopefully FrSky is keeping an eye on this thread instead of expecting people to join twitter to let them know what we think. The average demographic for any RC videos I've put on YouTube is 40s & 50s which is I think a lot less likely to be a tweeter.

I ordered a bunch of v8fr4-ii from HobbyKing last week with the intention of converting one with the view of putting it in my new HK epo parkjet to test.

Frustratingly even though they were in stock when I ordered, I received an e-mail to say that they couldn't honor the order as they were out of stock.

Anyone know of any Chinese or UK suppliers with them in stock at a reasonable price? Did see aloft hobbies have them, but unfortunately every time I've ordered from the US our customs here has stung me. For some reason our customs seem to be more picky about packages from the US than from the far east.

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:50 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,684 Posts
Well, who knows, after ole MItt's comments, I'm sure U.K. customs will open everything from the U.S.!

You gotta love U.S. politicians-not.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:53 PM
Joined Mar 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
I ordered a bunch of v8fr4-ii from HobbyKing last week with the intention of converting one with the view of putting it in my new HK epo parkjet to test..
Sorry I can't help you source any but I 'd say FrSky should send you a few samples just for laying the groundwork and stimulating the market for this new product. They seem to send a lot of stuff to RC Model Reviews.

The V8FR4-II It's a tight little receiver design with 3-16V input, > 1 km range, 4ch, and a nice light weight; my idea of a minima 4. I wouldn't mind having a few of these in AFHSS mode.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:26 PM
United States, NC, Kannapolis
Joined Jul 2012
101 Posts
I hope to see some of these available soon. I want to pull the trigger on a new aurora, but the only downside is the cost of the receivers. Even if they were only parkflier capable it would be great. I dont mind the minima 6 for a sailplane or sport plane at $40 each, but the 7 and 9 channel optimas are a bit high for me.
aerojunkie is offline Find More Posts by aerojunkie
Old Jul 30, 2012, 04:38 AM
I know you well
Joined Jul 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreAture View Post
Completely pointless text. Is that tweet a question or a statement, or what?
Us non twitter users can only te a completely pointless text, no links to anyone, anything or any seaming point what so ever.
On Frsky's Facabook, there is the same question.
https://www.facebook.com/FrSkyRC?ref=hl
Timothymuyi is offline Find More Posts by Timothymuyi
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:52 AM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Mar 2007
1,680 Posts
Crossing my fingers for their ful range 4 channel rx that will output a PPM stream to be made compatible with AFHSS.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:14 PM
I know you well
Joined Jul 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
I ordered a bunch of v8fr4-ii from HobbyKing last week with the intention of converting one with the view of putting it in my new HK epo parkjet to test.

Frustratingly even though they were in stock when I ordered, I received an e-mail to say that they couldn't honor the order as they were out of stock.

Anyone know of any Chinese or UK suppliers with them in stock at a reasonable price? Did see aloft hobbies have them, but unfortunately every time I've ordered from the US our customs here has stung me. For some reason our customs seem to be more picky about packages from the US than from the far east.

Si.
http://www.electriflite.co.uk/store/...p/v8fr-hv.html
It's v8fr-ii, and I've no idea whether this is the one you are looking for.
Timothymuyi is offline Find More Posts by Timothymuyi
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:18 PM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Mar 2007
1,680 Posts
Any chance of a D4R-II conversion?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...elemetry_.html
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:56 AM
Joined Mar 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl k View Post
Mmmm, indeed, it would be a very nice target for short range FPV. I just caught the comment about the PPM & analog RSSI support, and 1.5 km range. Also compatible with 2S Lipo/Life receiver packs. Would be great for helis with FBL controllers too. I could definitely use three of these units.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:59 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
962 Posts
Just got notification that customs has had a hold of the parcel full of VD5Ms. The fee is now paid and it should be coming to me tomorrow. I'll let those who have expressed an interest in buying some from this round know as soon as I get them programmed. Probably looking nearer the end of this week for me to get a chance to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothymuyi View Post
http://www.electriflite.co.uk/store/...p/v8fr-hv.html
It's v8fr-ii, and I've no idea whether this is the one you are looking for.
Almost! I was looking for the 4 channel version (V8FR4-II). It doesn't appear anyone has these in stock at the moment - I did see a post from Wayne from Aloft Hobbies that he was getting some in the coming weeks. So I may purchase a couple from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl k View Post
I'm working on it! The FrSky telemetry receivers use a different chip to the non-telemetry receivers, so it requires a rewrite of the firmware to support the chip.

If I could get hold of couple of a darn V8FR4-II, I could test my new firmware on that. The current version now supports PPM and RSSI output and just needs testing.

Cheers,
Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member