HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Apr 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post

you can see the OSD randomly cut off at 3:57

https://vimeo.com/42879197
Well if video is still going that can be just OSD failure, wiring should be ok.
riahut.com is offline Find More Posts by riahut.com
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:46 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,403 Posts
yeah I mean the power to the OSD might have a weak connection.

Flew today, no OSD dropouts. Flew last week, several dropouts. I am tempted to rip off the built in connectors and just solder all the wires direct to the circuit board. Maybe power the board off an extra voltage regulator also.
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:03 AM
Österreich, OÖ, Linz
Joined Oct 2011
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by riahut.com View Post
Can you double check wiring of video signal and +12 on camera? (Check OSD diagram)
In my case I had to fiddle with that (swap wires)
Yeah wiring is alright.
What wasn't alright are the soldering joints. i resoldered Video in pins and suddenly i got a picture.
Still for GPS fix i guess i have to try it on the field.
But that thing starts to piss me off a bit, wire and solder quality is not good at all.
Camera is Video out of GoPro (yes it was on), video TX is from imersion rc.

Markus
Azrael82 is offline Find More Posts by Azrael82
Old Aug 05, 2012, 01:38 PM
United States, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Jul 2011
493 Posts
Hmm I tried it out- all was well except that the OSD keeps restarting itself every time the main OSD board gets moved. Slight movements make it restart- what could be the problem?
Lpbug is offline Find More Posts by Lpbug
Old Aug 05, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined Apr 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpbug View Post
Hmm I tried it out- all was well except that the OSD keeps restarting itself every time the main OSD board gets moved. Slight movements make it restart- what could be the problem?
First it can be one of the connectors loose, check +12v and ground connections.
Second something not soldered properly at the board.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Jul 2011
493 Posts
Quote:
First it can be one of the connectors loose, check +12v and ground connections.
Second something not soldered properly at the board.
Yeah, it's kind of inconsistent but I'll live. However- I find that it gets rather hot when I run 12v through it since my camera requires a 12v input. Does this happen for you? (the part that gets hot is on the back on one of the black diode or microcontroller-looking part)
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined Apr 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpbug View Post
Yeah, it's kind of inconsistent but I'll live. However- I find that it gets rather hot when I run 12v through it since my camera requires a 12v input. Does this happen for you? (the part that gets hot is on the back on one of the black diode or microcontroller-looking part)
I never run it for long time because of my problem listed above, were OSD image stretched beyond the screen, - so it collects dust on shelve.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:22 AM
Joined Jul 2011
493 Posts
I feel like it could be a great OSD for the price. Honestly I have no complaints so far and will test fly with it a little later. Just hope that video doesn't cut out even if OSD information cuts out
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:37 AM
Österreich, OÖ, Linz
Joined Oct 2011
52 Posts
To be honest i'm pretty much done with it.
Finally got everything to work.
Sat fix, flying, working fine.
Suddenly it startet to jump into menu during a flight.
I landed, connected the keypad, exit menu and after couple of seconds it jumped in the menu again.
Now it only works for half a minute and then enters the menu by itself.
I redid all the solderjoints i could find, but nothing worked. Couldn't find any shortcircuits that would explain that behavior.
Any of you guys got an idea?

Markus
Azrael82 is offline Find More Posts by Azrael82
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:33 AM
Netherlands
Joined Feb 2004
442 Posts
Hi Guy's,

I have the OSD V2.0. Connected everything right, only the OSD still doesn't work.
The green led doesn't flash. The only thing I see in the screen is "pigeon OSD V2.0"

I connected the video out to my Vtx.
The Video in to my camera
Power in to my main battery

one THing isn't clear to me, what do I need to do with the " bypass" wire..The red wire that the drawed on the scheme:

Thanks in advance!
Remy is offline Find More Posts by Remy
Last edited by Remy; Aug 12, 2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Apr 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Hi Guy's,

I have the OSD V2.0. Connected everything right, only the OSD still doesn't work.
The green led doesn't flash. The only thing I see in the screen is "pigeon OSD V2.0"

I connected the video out to my Vtx.
The Video in to my camera
Power in to my main battery

one THing isn't clear to me, what do I need to do with the " bypass" wire..The red wire that the drawed on the scheme:

Thanks in advance!
Can you enter into menu using MENU button? If yes, it is all operational, just go outside leave it for 5-10 minutes to scan and fix all satellites, download digest and stuff like that, after that it will be faster. but only if satellites are available, inside the house it wont work.

I didn't do anything with bypass, just connected camera, power and transmitter right after un-packaging.

PS. I still cannot understand why OSD operation depends on satellites so much..... but whatever
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:41 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Seems like a great deal for a beginner FPVer. I think that investing extra $150 or $60 (for nova) for RTH function is worth the price. It is very comforting to know that if the plane goes out of range or if you just switch a switch, you will see the plane hovering on top of you in just a moment
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Apr 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koo29 View Post
Seems like a great deal for a beginner FPVer. I think that investing extra $150 or $60 (for nova) for RTH function is worth the price. It is very comforting to know that if the plane goes out of range or if you just switch a switch, you will see the plane hovering on top of you in just a moment
I'm not sure that RTH function is what you think, unless there is some special controls available in your FC, there there no autopilot in OSD.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:13 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
I'm not sure that RTH function is what you think, unless there is some special controls available in your FC, there there no autopilot in OSD.
I really don't get your point. Nova has IR sensors that see the horizon to keep the plane level on turns and while flying and use GPS to navigate where it got the GPS signal on the first place.
Some other OSDs use gyros but feytech, dragonosd, and nova all have fully functioning autopilots.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Apr 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koo29 View Post
I really don't get your point. Nova has IR sensors that see the horizon to keep the plane level on turns and while flying and use GPS to navigate where it got the GPS signal on the first place.
Some other OSDs use gyros but feytech, dragonosd, and nova all have fully functioning autopilots.
Oh I got it, we are from a bit different worlds, my toy is quadcopter, which has own FC and has own autopilot and whole whack of sensors without OSD and thread subj OSD is quite dummy and doesn't do autopilot, just has home coordinates. And now I see why dragonosd and co quite expensive