HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Primate, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 12:39 PM
United States, FL, Winter Park
Joined Aug 2011
211 Posts
Discussion
Tree vs. T-28. Tree 1 - T-28 0

This is my first blog entry here and I guess it's as good of a place as any to share with everyone my first crash experience with my new Parkzone T-28.

So I was having a fantastic afternoon of flying with my wife and son when I decided to fly my Trojan straight into a massive oak tree. I can only really attribute the crash to a depth perception issue honestly because I didn't even think I was close to the tree when it happened. Lucky for me the way it crashed there was very minimal damage. I had to buy a new horizontal stab and epoxy one of the plastic fittings back on the main wing but otherwise it had almost no visible damage. Up to that point I was very proud of the fact that I had never crashed that plane after a good handful of flights so it ended up being more of a bruise to my ego than to the plane.

Nate
Primate is offline Find More Posts by Primate
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:04 PM
New RC Plane Pilot
United States, AL, Loxley
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
Understand completely

My wife bought me a brand new PZ T-28 for Christmas. First flight out of the box I banged up the cowling and put a hairline crack in the fuselage. After 30 minutes of epoxy work she was ready to fly again. My recommendation if you have not already done so is epoxy the entire inside of the cowling. Let it dry then duct tape the inside as well. This forms a nice shell for those hard landings. I am a new RC pilot and recently came off the trainer box with six solo flights so far. I have nothing but good things to say about the T-28. What a great airframe! Good luck with your future flights and keeping up with the situational awareness.

Patrick
Patrick163 is offline Find More Posts by Patrick163