HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Dec 2006
212 Posts
Discussion
What is the good video splitter for FPV recording

I just bought 2 of $1 video splitter from onvon.com for about $16 including shipping.

It works fine but the image quality reduce a bit (about more than 10%). If i use the Y video cable without any video splitter, the image quality is better. I am not happy with it but no regret.

The y video splitter:

Do anyone use the $20 video splitter from rangevideo?Is it better the Y video cable for 2 output only (one for video recording, one for fatshark goggles)? Thanks!
tuongnhu is offline Find More Posts by tuongnhu
Last edited by tuongnhu; Feb 04, 2012 at 10:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2012, 11:54 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
I use the one from rv and it works well

output connectors could be better quality. make sure they have good contact

but for sure that video splitter works and lasts

gives great clean video
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 05, 2012, 06:59 AM
Joined Dec 2006
212 Posts
Thanks for your fast reply.
I will get one from RV and some SMA cables for some DIY antenna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
I use the one from rv and it works well
output connectors could be better quality. make sure they have good contact
but for sure that video splitter works and lasts
gives great clean video
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:07 AM
United States, FL, Shalimar
Joined Jan 2009
306 Posts
I was going to buy a couple of them to, but they have been SOLD OUT for a LONG time now.....like most things at RV. I sure wish Vova could find a capital backer, instead of the same old instock then sold out song we keep getting from him.
jolly01 is offline Find More Posts by jolly01
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
u find them cheap at eBay
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:10 PM
Australia, VIC, Dandenong
Joined Jul 2010
69 Posts
hey people, could you guys please tell me how could i record my FPV flight, my Video receiver has 2 outputs, one for the video goggle and how can i use the other one to record?
Alyas is offline Find More Posts by Alyas
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Dec 2006
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyas View Post
hey people, could you guys please tell me how could i record my FPV flight, my Video receiver has 2 outputs, one for the video goggle and how can i use the other one to record?
You have to buy a video recorder with composit A/V input then connect the VRX's A/V output to the A/V input of the video recorder. Before the flight, simply click the "REC" button and it will record your flight.

What is the good FPV video recorder? Just search this forum.
I am using the Pinnacle Video Transfer (PVT) for my FPV recording, but I am not happy with it because of the 3 reasons:
-With resolution of 640x480 (the Better mode on PVT), its bitrate are not enough for clear image.
-With the resolution of 720x480/576 (the Best mode on PVT), there are alot of of interlaced line on the edges of motion images (but there are no interlaced line when record video from my Set top box using PVT's Best mode, perfect video, I dont know why).
-It will stop recording when video signal is bad or lost.

This afternoon, after I did the new my personal FPV record, landing my plane and found that the PVT had been stopped recording due to bad signal
during the flight.

I do not recommend the PVT for FPV video recording.

My ground station with PVT:
Last edited by tuongnhu; Feb 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM.