SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by bonnie9496, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 08:20 PM
Fighting Gravity
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2011
551 Posts
Discussion
5-2-12 The Hangar History

Continued
Well......since I got in the air again with the Electrafun and Cessna there have been a few planes pass through my hands along with quite a few $$$$. I would now class myself as an intermediate flyer and quite capable. The only crashes now, which are few, are due to pilot error when attemting low altitude stunts or when I've had equipment failure.
I'll make a list of my past/current planes and try to keep this hangar list up to date.
One in RED are crashed/dead. Ones in BLUEsold/traded
July 2010
Electafun XP - Served me well and was sold to another newbee
Cessna 206T - This plane had numerous issues and was way tail heavy out of the box, though was a good stable flyer when sorted out. Crashed repaired, sold
HK Spitfire - Flew once and was totalled in had crash. The foam just exploded.
HK Mini Swift - Great flyer and still fly it today. Had its share of tumbles. Run it with an upgraded motor now.
Dynam Hawksky - Out of the box was underpowered though performed well with motor upgrade. Was really enjoying flying this and learnt a lot. Was fast and unfortunately it was totalled when an elevator sheered off in steep dive and hit the conrete road at 50mph! A wreck
Parkzone Mustang P51D - One of my favourite and most reliable models. Have run it on Power 10 but now back to stock motor with 10x7n prop. 120+ flights. Loves the wind!
HK Extra 300 - Was a handful and tail heavy. Nice looking plane but so so quirrelly! Crashed many times, then once too many!
HK Floater Jet - Great easy flying plane. Flew it 20 -30 times thgen sold it to another learner. Never crashed!
Parkzone Stinson SR10 - Awesome looking plane and flew well out of the box. Felt I outgrew it over time and was sold with only mild hangar rash.
Parkzone UMX T28 - Great little micro though I felt underpowered. After small crash upgraded to 2S and it now rocks along. Wings folded on 2nd flight on 2S but repaired. Wings folded about 10 flights later and was unrepairable.
PA Addiction - My first step up to Balsa, building models and 3D. Great plane still have it today. Some mild scrapes, repairs and crashes. About 80 flights on this one.
Parkzone UMX Sukhoi - First micro plane. Looks a bit beaten up but still going after 130+ flights.
T-33 Jet - First jet(50mm) and still going strong today after a few crashes. This plane is tough! One too many crashes saw it in the bin and stripped for parts.
F16 Jet - Encouraged by my success with the T33 I got another jet. This one was faster and flew better but was wrecked on its 7th flight when it hit the ground whilst at WOT in tight turn.(RIP)
HK Tristiana - Indoor flat profile plane. Learnt heaps about building with CA and about 3D with this. Has been crashed but flies well still today and great for low wind days.
Parkzone Extra 300 - Disasterous crash on maiden flight due to incorrect CG in manual (I read correct CG later on RC Groups thread) Has been repaired many times, not worth selling and still in the hangar. Not in love with this plane but its great to totally abuse!
FMS Zero - My first larger 1500mm 4S plane with retracts. Great looking and flying plane. Unfortuantely crashed on its 21st flight after total "deadsticks" at 300ft. The crash was horrible and gut wrenching. Unrepairable
HK 3D Hawk - Awesome profile plane for $40, which I practice my low 3D moves with. Crashed at least a dozen times and still flying....just!
Multiplex Gemini - My first biplane. Loved this model when I watched it fly and love it now. Couldn't source it here in Australia so purchased from USA. A fantastic aerobatic plane and has gobs of power.
HK FW 190D - A handful out of the box, though flew OK with modifications and heavier 3S setup. Didn't love it, so moved it along to a new home.
Carbon Z Yak54 - Great plane, huge flight envelope and one of my favourites. Run a seperate SBEC after the previous issue on 4S. Probably 70- flights on it now.
Phoenix 2000 Glider - First glider. Flew well and even better with power upgrade. Didn't really warm to it so it was sold in prisine condition.
Stinger 64 - This jet came with rave reviews, is cheap($100 delivered) and looks good. Great model flying so far(8 flights)on standard 3s setup. Upgraded fan/motor to 4500kv with 6 blade fan. Much quieter and picked up 15% more thrust.
E-Flite Leader 480 - Read about this plane on RC Groups and had to get one. None in Australia so once again sourced from USA. Runs on Power 10, looks awesome in the air and on the ground and has tons of power A great classic style pattern flyer. Love it!
DF Alula - My first slope soarer. I thought with all this wind I need something to use. It is built though yet to maiden. I will place report on my blog once first flights undertaken.
Red Eagle GeeBee - Cheap plane and a load of fun running on 1000mAH 3S. Great for confined areas. Has superb flight characteristics
3DHS 46" Yak 55 - Slightly disappointed with the quality of this ARF kit with a few issues. Once built thought it flew amazingly. Can't wait to really test it out.
Weasel - Limited edition Black. Another slope soarer that can handle higher winds. Great plane quite aerobatic
Beast 3D - A replacement UMX for my t-28. What a superb plane. The AS3X system adds to the stability. 21 fligt in 10 days. This plane is a knife edge machine. Love it
Dynam PBY Catalina - First twin motor plane, 1470mm wingspan and something different to possibly use off the water. Maiden flying off grass was uneventful and the model a great scale flyer. First landing was a bit rough :-) Great value for $120 PNP.
Hangar 9 Sundowner 36 My first Pylon racer! Purchased in mint condition second hand. This Plane is a superb flyer and hold its line beautifully. Have upgraded the motor to an E-Flite Power 25 1250kv motor and working on prop selection.
Dynam Meteor 70mm ducted fan jet running on 4S. A smooth flying jet with great flight characteristics. Speed reasonable with stock setup. Will probably go 5S in time.
Multiplex Parkmaster This is the best parkflyer ever! Very impressed by the light wing loading and excellent flight characteristics of this model. It may be an older production, however takes some beating.
FMS Zero A year and ten days after the last one crashed purchased another one. This time in Pacific Grey. Same plane with a few minor refinements by FMS. Great plane that looks awesome! Am running seperate BEC for safety :-)
Pics below are of some of the hangar, past and present.
FMS ASW-28 An other electric glider, this time with large 2.3m wingspan. Easy maiden in fresh 10-12mph winds. Great glider that thermals well. Strengthened the fuselage after some flexing issues with second flight. Look forward to some summer soaring.Had troubles with the wing spar folding and fuse flex. Further reinforced now.
Thermo Speedo Balsa slope soarer.Great flying plane and an easy maiden flight in perfect 12-14mph Westerly wings. Look forward to fine tuning the setup
E-flite Habu 2 Awesome plane and have flown on 5S from the start. Changed ESC to 80amp and added retracts.
bonnie9496 is offline Find More Posts by bonnie9496
Last edited by bonnie9496; Oct 14, 2013 at 06:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts