SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:31 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Anybody relize this? This may be in the fanatics thread but didn,t check it yet so I am not sure.
http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/70-Velox--Blue_p_16184.html
http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/70-Velox-...w_p_16183.html
Not necessarily about the preorder, but Noll and Arron did show off the new schemes and said they'd be here soon.
CrashesALot is online now Find More Posts by CrashesALot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:32 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Anybody relize this? This may be in the fanatics thread but didn,t check it yet so I am not sure.
http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/70-Velox--Blue_p_16184.html
http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/70-Velox-...w_p_16183.html
Yup, Noll told us either on this thread or the fanatics thread.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:33 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashesALot View Post
Not necessarily about the preorder, but Noll and Arron did show off the new schemes and said they'd be here soon.
Yeah I saw the schemes before but this is the first I have seen them on the website.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:35 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Yup, Noll told us either on this thread or the fanatics thread.
Oh ok, yeah it was the fanatics thread, I have been in this thread and never saw anything, I have been busy and I have 25 threads to read, don't plan on reading them any time soon.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:35 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
No, probably not any time I did it, except the first day. But it has lost the Bind about 4 times since.

Think that is screwing with the Gyro?
i know with mine there has been times where i will plug the battery in and if i move it around too much it wont bind, the other thing i found is once you set it down on a flat level surface i will wiggle the cyclic stick and it binds much faster.
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:38 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
i know with mine there has been times where i will plug the battery in and if i move it around too much it wont bind, the other thing i found is once you set it down on a flat level surface i will wiggle the cyclic stick and it binds much faster.
Says to hold down Bind on Radio for 2-3 Sec then release and move stick to far right to Bind. That works.

Will try Binding on level surface again.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:40 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,866 Posts
So, as long as I am in one "of those moods" ... lol, anybody else notice the new Nitroplanes ad for Gen Ace's ? I find it a bit ironic (and I realize that most people won't know this), the make up of that picture. Keep in mind, it's an ad for Nitroplanes, and one of the "pilots" is Rob (owner of ADC), Robert (I believe sponsored pilot by ADC as well as 3DHS), as well as, I believe, but don't quote me, Kevin (aka IPS Motors), also a good friend of Rob.

Funny that they are in a photo that Nitroplanes is using to promote their website.

For what it's worth, I think Joe is in there too ... lol, but I don't think he has any affiliation with ADC other than 3DHS.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:42 PM
Joined Mar 2011
4,353 Posts
ohh i am not talking about binding the radio to the heli i am talking about that couple of seconds after you plug the battery in that it take the heli to respond, its looking for radio signal and initializing the gyro in that time.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:43 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
very cute.I am hearing/reading good things about those dogs. Allergies seem non existent with those too if my memory serves correctly.
Yea - we did a lot of research and apparently 80-90% of these dogs have little to no shedding and they are also excellent pets. Very loyal and great with kids and other animals. So far it's proving to be true.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Mar 2011
4,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashesALot View Post
So, as long as I am in one "of those moods" ... lol, anybody else notice the new Nitroplanes ad for Gen Ace's ? I find it a bit ironic (and I realize that most people won't know this), the make up of that picture. Keep in mind, it's an ad for Nitroplanes, and one of the "pilots" is Rob (owner of ADC), Robert (I believe sponsored pilot by ADC as well as 3DHS), as well as, I believe, but don't quote me, Kevin (aka IPS Motors), also a good friend of Rob.

Funny that they are in a photo that Nitroplanes is using to promote their website.

For what it's worth, I think Joe is in there too ... lol, but I don't think he has any affiliation with ADC other than 3DHS.
joe is sponsored by gens ace

edit: ADC sells gens ace as well
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:46 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
ohh i am not talking about binding the radio to the heli i am talking about that couple of seconds after you plug the battery in that it take the heli to respond, its looking for radio signal and initializing the gyro in that time.
Ok, understand. No I was probably holding it in my hand tilted over 45 degrees to the right. I know before I had it sitting level on the back grill shelf on the patio.

What concerns me is the way the Tail Rotor cuts in and out, sometimes no Left Rudder. It runs continuous until you go Left Rudder, then it shuts off. But seems to work if you add more throttle like before liftoff. That worries me that it is the Main Board. System Controls.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined Mar 2011
4,353 Posts
nope that's normal for the tail motor to shut off when you give left right just as it speeds up during right rudder. For sure try to start it up on a level surface that should cure your problems.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:04 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Here's Lucy... the latest Turner family addition. She's a Golden Doodle.

Unfortunately we recently lost our 6 year old Maltese. She got really sick and just couldn't get better. Very sad.

But we are expecting a baby boy in late October and we wanted him to grow up with a dog (as well as my other two kids 8 and 7) so we figured we should go ahead and get another dog now so we could get her trained and situated BEFORE the baby comes.

She's a great dog so far!
Very cute!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:05 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,866 Posts
Quote:
joe is sponsored by gens ace

edit: ADC sells gens ace as well
Yeah, I know that ADC sells Gen Ace's, so it's fine that its in a Gen Ace picture (same with Joe), its just a little ironic / funny to me, that Nitroplanes is using that picture to promote Gen Aces when there are people in the picture associated to a competing web site selling the same product. That's what I was really referring to.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:09 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
nope that's normal for the tail motor to shut off when you give left right just as it speeds up during right rudder. For sure try to start it up on a level surface that should cure your problems.
Will do. Just filled out an Inquiry Form with Horizon and submitted the issues with the Vid link. See what they say.

Hope I get it working. Cost of the Heli with parts and shipping + $70 for a new Main Board. Could have got a New mCP X for another $25 in it. OR could have just gotten a Buck Huck.....

I know I can and will like flying it, just got to see if it is hosed or something else funky going on. Still no response over on the mCP X Thread. Nothing like the Speed we give helping others on 3DHS Threads. I'm calling them out over there now. Looking for the Guru's. Not sure if I'm on any kind of "Official Thread" Some Aussie running it, but it's not KM. Maybe his cousin.