SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:13 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
I've got five packs ready for the Yak tonight!

Dad Update:

Dad's second cancer surgery went really well yesterday, but lab from Primary Doc just confirmed what I have been saying all week to all the Docs. He's got MRSA! On his lower left leg and maybe his chest. I could not believe his leg when I saw it yesterday! Big change since it was only a 50 cent size red area on Sunday afternoon! Whole leg below the knee swollen and red, warm.

Had my sister doing Extreme Cleaning/Sanitizing all week. Good thing since it is what I suspected since Tuesday and now we know it's for real...

Fortunately the Primary got him on an Antibiotic Tuesday that turns out is working against the Culture and now he is on two others. It seems to be halting and reversing but have to watch it close. We've basically got him quarantined at home. He has no clue about it, so we are having to ride herd a lot...

So do I need to Go Fly??? Oh Yeah!!!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:25 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Warren Best of luck man. Still praying for you and your family
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:30 PM
I AM Smiling
Joined Dec 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Warren Best of luck man. Still praying for you and your family
+1 for me and all others who need it.
DeadStick Dave is offline Find More Posts by DeadStick Dave
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:59 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,734 Posts
**Tech Nerds**

What is the latest and greatest in TV's and living room technology? I'm looking for a new setup for my new house. Anything from surround sound to the Apple TV or whatever that is just gimme some ideas of what to start researching. Really interested in making the TV interactive with PC/mac and phones if that is even possible.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:11 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
2,018 Posts
Gonna be 102 here tomorrow with mild wind. To beat the heat I'm gonna be out around 7:30 AM at the park with the synthetic soccer fields then head up US285 into the Rockies where it's 15 degs cooler, huck some more. Got a hankerin to huck my 48 Super Viper bad. Take along the $1-1/2 buck huck and a aeroworks profile on steriods.

Notice the new bling on the cowl. Thanks Rod.d.

This is a sleeper 3DHS airframe! LOL

Ron
rdcskkrose is online now Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Last edited by rdcskkrose; Jun 22, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:12 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,866 Posts
Have any of you guys tried the sky lipos? I was thinking of picking up some used ones and was curious.
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:27 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
LED tv's with a refresh rate above or equal to 120hz. Samsung makes the best LED's right now and just bought out sony's portion of the factory they produce LED screens in.

Apple TV rocks. They need to fix the 6-10pm slow down but other than that it's good.

My choice of receiver is Onkyo right now and all my speakers are built by me from parts express parts.

Oh and dont skimp on cables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
**Tech Nerds**

What is the latest and greatest in TV's and living room technology? I'm looking for a new setup for my new house. Anything from surround sound to the Apple TV or whatever that is just gimme some ideas of what to start researching. Really interested in making the TV interactive with PC/mac and phones if that is even possible.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:28 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashesALot View Post
Have any of you guys tried the sky lipos? I was thinking of picking up some used ones and was curious.
Sky Lipos are good stuff. All my packs are being converted to them or Gens Ace.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:29 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I have a stacool vest and it rocks. Portable personal air conditioning.

The sun burn is what worries me. Lots of sun screen.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:30 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashesALot View Post
Joe Smith uses them, and is sponsored by them I believe.....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:12 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Oh and dont skimp on cables.
I feel someone has to say this... skimp on HDMI cables. It is 100% ridiculous that people will try to sell you a $60 HDMI cable. It is digital, 1s and 0s. Your TV doesn't care how pretty the 1s and 0s are, it just cares if it can see them.

I have a ton of 10 foot HDMI cables I bought for $2.00 each and they work perfectly and an expensive HDMI cable would yield no effect.

And as far as connectivity goes, I highly suggest the Roku 2 line. I've tried several boxes, and the Rokus are so quick to navigate and have proper Netflix and Hulu Plus interfaces. They have a great smart phone app to control them and enter text for searching. They are inexpensive to put on every TV in the house.

The only weakness of the Roku is if you want to put files on a thumb drive and play them. It only supports MP4 for that, and only the top $89 model has USB. But what they do GREAT is play media streamed from your home computer. The free Plex media server will organize all your files, download cover art, and give you text descriptions. It plays back every file type I've thrown at it with no hiccups. Also you can get Plex apps for your Android devices to see your streaming content there to. Works far better than any DLNA server I've used.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:16 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
The new classification for high speed HDMI requires good cables. If you get away with cheaper cables that dont lose information you are lucky. I have not had that experience. Once adding network to HDMI that threw things for a loop.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:27 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,134 Posts
RF6 for a while
huckin
addict
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:32 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
The last hdmi cable to come out was May 28, 2009 and there are only four types of HDMI cables.

This interesting article is from April 2011 but like I said there hasn't been an update to hdmi cables since 2009.

So far I really like the boxee since it plays every type of video file I have on my computer. I just shared a few folders off the pc to the network and its super easy to pull them even over wireless including 1080p videos. I cant tell if it is the boxee or my pc playing them on the tv. PC is hooked up to the tv using a cheap hdmi cable and the boxee is using the included cable.

I haven't tried the sd card slot but it'll play any video/picture file. Also has 2 usb slots for something like a usb hard drive to play files off of. Then you could set that up basically like a network hd then I could save video files straight to the drive. Also when I'm surfing the internet from a PC and find a video I want to watch on boxee, they have a boxxe bookmark link you just add in your favorites then its pops up in your watch later list on the boxee. That is very handy for watching wamsy videos on the big screen later after getting off rcgroups.

If I don't feel like watching a saved video file it does a decent job scouring the internet for free tv shows and movies. Or I can favorite link/boxxe mark sites with full episodes which I did for abc world news, family guy, etc since they have full episodes online. They have a live tv adapter so you can watch local stations through the boxee but hopefully some day they will add DVR features to live tv then I'll get that adapter which is kinda expensive at $50.

With cable tv being around $35 extra a month on top of my internet I see/think the boxee will be free after 5 months of use
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Last edited by HugoCraft; Jun 22, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:32 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
I see an RCgroups plus thing too
I do to but don't know what it is for.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR