HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:19 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
I'm digging those 5500s. only a few cycles but excellent power and not too heavy considering their capacity.
Aren't they a weird shape though?
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:21 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Got home around 2:30 pm from Dad's surgery. 2.75 hrs late again!! BUT, all went well, they didn't dope him down so much this time and he came out of it faster and sharper. He's at home now with my Sis and doing good, sleeping and drinking lots of water. Lab Report next Friday...

Then the mailbox had what I was looking for! Got the Maiden on my new (used) mCP X!

Was really windy and I tried to hide behind the house but it was pushing me all over the backyard in a 15ft square at first. Had about four striking objects crashes early on. Took on an aluminum patio cover support beam, broke a dogbone. Had spares. Dropped it on the patio concrete once, popped the Swashplate Bearing out. Smacked the side of the house.

I moved over farther and got some good hovering going, close to me at 3ft off the grass. Finally realized I had just been flying around on High Rates! Duh! Flipped it all to low and went and got the HatCam. Captured one launch and drop, right as it hit LVC and that was the end of it. The Batt only had 4.04v when I started and I have no means to charge it yet, no charger lead. It is on the way with the 4 new Batts.

I got about 40 sec. of vid, but not worth posting here. Should have rolled the cam sooner. Missed two minutes of decent Hover practice. Saving it for the Hillbilly thread so Anthony can see it. He's the Heli dude.

What I got to do so far was definitely Fun! I broke it about 3 times and easily fixed it. Takes a pretty good hit and bounces back. Once I got away from the obstacles things got better. Think I'm going to like flying around the yard and at the closer school when I don't like making the trip to JVS.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:23 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
the gens are about 120g heavier, not that that matter with this motor pulling them around.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:26 PM
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
heritage remember if it is lacking for power (won't get off the ground) push that white gear on the underside until it fully seats (sorry I don't know the names of these parts).
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:28 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,660 Posts
they are long and skinny.

they easily fit in the 89, the 72 SC, and the vyper 65.
Irg is online now Find More Posts by Irg
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:30 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
they are long and skinny.

they easily fit in the 89, the 72 SC, and the vyper 65.
Yea, I'm sure they fit. It's just they are different from every other 6s 5000mah battery.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:34 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,660 Posts
well, I'm not prejudiced.

they are perfect for the 89 in terms of capacity and weight. the 72 feels a tad heavier, but still has 3D legs. I'm spoiled by flying the 72 on 4000 mah packs--butterfly floaty, great for calms days. the 5500 is great for wind and copious amounts of throttle use.
Irg is online now Find More Posts by Irg
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:36 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
LOL!
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:41 PM
3DHobbyShop.com
S. Lancaster County, PA
Joined Jun 2006
2,528 Posts
Quote:

they are perfect for the 89 in terms of capacity and weight. the 72 feels a tad heavier, but still has 3D legs. I'm spoiled by flying the 72 on 4000 mah packs--butterfly floaty, great for calms days. the 5500 is great for wind and copious amounts of throttle use.
Using them in the 87" Extra. Working well.
horton is offline Find More Posts by horton
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:59 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalpain View Post
heritage remember if it is lacking for power (won't get off the ground) push that white gear on the underside until it fully seats (sorry I don't know the names of these parts).
I kept checking that expecting it to slip but it never did. Guess I got Throttle Hold on in time most of the time.

Excited to get the new Batts in here soon I hope, need to check the tracking on them.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
just got a pair of then gens ordered up. Use code "GENSACE10" for 10% off all gens ace lipos
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:33 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Got home around 2:30 pm from Dad's surgery. 2.75 hrs late again!! BUT, all went well, they didn't dope him down so much this time and he came out of it faster and sharper. He's at home now with my Sis and doing good, sleeping and drinking lots of water. Lab Report next Friday...

Then the mailbox had what I was looking for! Got the Maiden on my new (used) mCP X!

Was really windy and I tried to hide behind the house but it was pushing me all over the backyard in a 15ft square at first. Had about four striking objects crashes early on. Took on an aluminum patio cover support beam, broke a dogbone. Had spares. Dropped it on the patio concrete once, popped the Swashplate Bearing out. Smacked the side of the house.

I moved over farther and got some good hovering going, close to me at 3ft off the grass. Finally realized I had just been flying around on High Rates! Duh! Flipped it all to low and went and got the HatCam. Captured one launch and drop, right as it hit LVC and that was the end of it. The Batt only had 4.04v when I started and I have no means to charge it yet, no charger lead. It is on the way with the 4 new Batts.

I got about 40 sec. of vid, but not worth posting here. Should have rolled the cam sooner. Missed two minutes of decent Hover practice. Saving it for the Hillbilly thread so Anthony can see it. He's the Heli dude.

What I got to do so far was definitely Fun! I broke it about 3 times and easily fixed it. Takes a pretty good hit and bounces back. Once I got away from the obstacles things got better. Think I'm going to like flying around the yard and at the closer school when I don't like making the trip to JVS.
Glad you're enjoying it. I have a lot of fun with mine but I'm really looking forward to the 130x!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:47 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,343 Posts
Video from yesterday evening.

Wamsy is on the Edge (9 min 41 sec)
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:10 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,755 Posts
Nice flying wamsy.

I need to fly soon, it's been way to long..
DFflyer is offline Find More Posts by DFflyer
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Guess all that rf6 time is paying off. Now to find a shed to land on.