HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2012, 10:34 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Dang why do I have to be on the east coast? Thats beautiful!
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 10:44 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
will take some time to decompress from Joe Nall... it was beyond epic. My 72 Roo went swimming and lost an elevator, but it's still surely alive and kicking, love that plane. Many thanks to DaOldGuy for getting it together for me the weekend before Nall. The 104 U-Huck, as epic as always, and victim of people calling "lower" to the "one trick" contest. I could nail the maneuver every time with the 74 Edge on which I was practicing it, but the 104 was hitting it with more energy and was harder to control the exit... first attempt came out right, the second obviously not so much. Slapping the ground took the rudder and the fin off, and the result was a little too random to handle... was looking like I was getting it back, but then the rudder shifted against the new neutral. Anyways, thank goodness for motorbox kits, the break in the fuselage is just in front of the wing spar, which pretty much is taken care of by a new motorbox... she'll fly again soon, no fear.

It was really awesome to hang out with everyone and meet up with the fanatics again... special shout out to sk8rob for rock'n all the way from Hawaii...

can't wait till next time, that is for sure.
congrats on your 1 trick win and good to see ya. Kudos to you for making that kids day with the plane you gave him. I had watched that lil dude friday and saturday with his buds flying at the electric line and down there at 3d and he is a star in the making..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old May 20, 2012, 10:48 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,621 Posts
All the Nall pics and vids are awesome! Anthony and I watched the One Trick 104 from the field yesterday multiple times. Very violent, lots of energy going in. Thought it was going in the water. Good save on the rushed landing!.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old May 20, 2012, 10:48 PM
Goes to eleven!
Bellingham WA
Joined Mar 2009
971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Repairable? I dont even think i am going to bother repairing it I hate the wind...I got to crazy and over corrected the ailerons to many times
If your canopy is not damaged - I'll buy it if you want to sell it??

Joe
JK13 is online now Find More Posts by JK13
Old May 20, 2012, 10:51 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,621 Posts
Here's Flight 10 on my new 71 Slick tonight at the JVS. Had some solo time with nobody to bug me but the bugs.

Heard this trac awhile back and thought it was appropriate for the Slick Schemes.

Not Nall quality, but just a vid from back home in the sticks!

3DHS 71 SLICK in STARS! (4 min 50 sec)
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old May 20, 2012, 10:58 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,466 Posts
So much negativity on FG ...

Yea I said it.
wamsy55 is online now Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old May 20, 2012, 10:59 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK13 View Post
If your canopy is not damaged - I'll buy it if you want to sell it??

Joe
Ha! Ironic, my canopy is cracked at the top from a previous crash that just cracked the inside of the fuse in some spots , but then when I nose it in at almost full throttle nothing happens to the canopy but just the fuse goes in half.

But I am gonna repair it anyway.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old May 20, 2012, 10:59 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
So much negativity on FG ...

Yea I said it.
It wasn't giant enough for them. I wasn't there but looked pretty giant to me
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old May 20, 2012, 11:01 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
What plane did he win then give away?
Old May 20, 2012, 11:05 PM
Goes to eleven!
Bellingham WA
Joined Mar 2009
971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Ha! Ironic, my canopy is cracked at the top from a previous crash that just cracked the inside of the fuse in some spots , but then when I nose it in at almost full throttle nothing happens to the canopy but just the fuse goes in half.

But I am gonna repair it anyway.
skarface-

Sounds good - I also had an "incident" with my 71 recently and I was going to trash it - stared at it for two weeks then over a rainy weekend it was like new again!

I taped the canopy for now - Noll is out of stock - I'll wait for the next container.

Thanks for getting back right away!

Joe
JK13 is online now Find More Posts by JK13
Old May 20, 2012, 11:20 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
An amazing pic that came across my facebook page of the eclipse tonight. Taken in oklahoma
New desktop background!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 20, 2012, 11:24 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,871 Posts
Great job Arron!!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 20, 2012, 11:27 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,070 Posts
I flew a pack while i was out with the fam watching the eclipse. My dad had a welder mask he was passing around you could look through to look at the sun. When it was pretty much fully covered everything was this weird grey tint like you get when the sun is going down soon before the oranges and reds start really showing, but it was around 6 and the sun was high in the sky. It was messing with my senses. It was like someone was turning the color down.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old May 20, 2012, 11:55 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Night Flying over the pond at Nall with the Addicts

http://youtu.be/Mbv7lZxo44g
Amazing!!
stickybeatz is offline Find More Posts by stickybeatz
Old May 21, 2012, 05:46 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
I flew a pack while i was out with the fam watching the eclipse. My dad had a welder mask he was passing around you could look through to look at the sun. When it was pretty much fully covered everything was this weird grey tint like you get when the sun is going down soon before the oranges and reds start really showing, but it was around 6 and the sun was high in the sky. It was messing with my senses. It was like someone was turning the color down.
That was yesterday? It wasent visible from pa, I never got to see an eclipse like that.

Actually it was cloudy all day yesterday here since 3pm, eclipse still would not have been visible from here.
Last edited by skarface; May 21, 2012 at 05:51 AM.