to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2012, 10:24 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
cool, edge it is then, and i will try the more rudder input with little more swing on the throttle and if thats still doesent do it for then i will turn the rates down some.

is the 48 edge rudder pull/pull?
Oh and i don't think i would recommend buying a new plane every time u think it'll be easier to learn 1 new trick. Practice is way more effective.

I would recommend buying new 3dhs planes cause they're awesome though.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old May 06, 2012, 10:26 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
Fully deflecting the aileron.
yea when i do rollers i always fully deflect aileron. watch this at 35 sec that is fully deflected aileron and it eventually fell into a regular roller and then got out of control after that.
3D Hobby Shop 42" AJ Slick: Huckin (4 min 36 sec)
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old May 06, 2012, 10:29 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
That looked to me like too much throttle and maybe a little late on your stir. Once you get behind and the nose starts to drop you really have to pick up the pace to recover.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 06, 2012, 10:29 PM
Team 3DHS
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
yea when i do rollers i always fully deflect aileron. watch this at 35 sec that is fully deflected aileron and it eventually fell into a regular roller and then got out of control after that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs0ZdvtZ67g

Yeah, if it was me, I would reduce the aileron some to keep from getting in trouble or just focus on keeping the nose pointed up to keep the roll rate slower.

The 42 is also an awesome plane to learn rollers with. No need to spend time building a new airframe when the time could be spent practicing with an already awesome plane.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 10:30 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
Oh and i don't think i would recommend buying a new plane every time u think it'll be easier to learn 1 new trick. Practice is way more effective.

I would recommend buying new 3dhs planes cause they're awesome though.
well yea i dont have the money for that i am replacing my 48" epp extra because i just dont like the way it flies would much rather fly my 42 than that, so i figured i would try something different, i was just trying to find out what would be the best to replace it with. but i am going with the edge whenever i come up with the 150$ in the next 2 weeks.
Old May 06, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined May 2012
326 Posts
Looked like a timing issue, I agree with Joe there on reducing the aileron a bit. Also, slower can be better when learning so you have more time to "understand" timing as far as rudder and elevator coordination go. When I learned I actually just used enough to keep it going around, paying attention to making sure the nose remains up. Don't forget at slower speeds to "bark" the motor a bit to keep that propwash going (for the really creepy slow stuff).
Trixie3D is offline Find More Posts by Trixie3D
Old May 06, 2012, 10:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
That looked to me like too much throttle and maybe a little late on your stir. Once you get behind and the nose starts to drop you really have to pick up the pace to recover.
No, Skarface's stir is perfect.

(inside joke between he and i)

but yeah you got a little behind and once u get behind it's hard to catch it cause the nose starts dropping and it starts spinning faster. and it starts to go towards the ground which is never comforting.
Old May 06, 2012, 10:37 PM
Team 3DHS
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie3D View Post
Looked like a timing issue, I agree with Joe there on reducing the aileron a bit. Also, slower can be better when learning so you have more time to "understand" timing as far as rudder and elevator coordination go. When I learned I actually just used enough to keep it going around, paying attention to making sure the nose remains up. Don't forget at slower speeds to "bark" the motor a bit to keep that propwash going (for the really creepy slow stuff).

Exactly, understanding the timing and learning how to really get it in sync is what is important. The faster the plane is rolling, the harder that will be to do.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Exactly, understanding the timing and learning how to really get it in sync is what is important. The faster the plane is rolling, the harder that will be to do.
Hanging out on the forums giving tips to the newbies....

This is my kind of customer support.
Old May 06, 2012, 10:47 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Ok well i can do rollers and rolling harries in the sim pretty good now so i will try a to get the roll speed about the same as the planes on the sim and will also put that on another switch and will also work on the more deflection of the rudder and aileron, and the throttle managment.
Old May 06, 2012, 10:49 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
No, Skarface's stir is perfect.

(inside joke between he and i)
i thought my stir was pretty good.
Old May 06, 2012, 10:49 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,470 Posts
Quote:
The 42 is also an awesome plane to learn rollers with. No need to spend time building a new airframe when the time could be spent practicing with an already awesome plane.
+1

The 42" taugh me rolling hariers and many other things. It was my first 3DHS airplane back in the day.

Don't get discouraged Skarface, your definitely on the right track.
wamsy55 is online now Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old May 06, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
+1

The 42" taugh me rolling hariers and many other things. It was my first 3DHS airplane back in the day.

Don't get discouraged Skarface, your definitely on the right track.
X2 skarface ur learning curve has been crazy fast. I think it was like flight 900 before I tried a rolling harrier with my slick lol.
Old May 06, 2012, 10:53 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
Your stir is looking great by the video so don't take any issue with what anyone says... everyone gets behind sometimes (especially in the early stages) you just have to learn to recover. Soon it will become natural. I'm in an awkward stage with rolling to the right since left is what I learned to do first and became comfortable with. I'm having to learn a lot of it all over again and I get out of sync really easy.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater