HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 06, 2012, 06:49 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
As far as Edgyness goes.

Here is the first one.

Wow shoes to match. Spiffy!!
Its a fun little plane.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2012, 07:05 PM
Team 3DHS
wamsy55's Avatar
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
ITS A 48?!?!?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Yup.

Or at least one of them is.
wamsy55 is online now Find More Posts by wamsy55
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 07:29 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4x4 View Post
some pic's of my 74'' edge from today. What an awesome hucker!
My daughter took the pic's and did a great job.



Cory
awsome!!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 07:51 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
I did happen It did I will get video someday. I just have to much fun flying right now
hear you there i planned on getting video this weekend but i was just having to much fun flying plus with the 48" epp i am not really used to it but i also really dont like it that much either, think i would much rather have a balsa.

So, i hate the wire landing gear on the 48" epp the planes just seems way to heavy for it. would the 48" edge with wire landing gear be the same or is the 48" edge airframe itself lighter than the 48" epp airframe?

If the gear on the 48" edge and epp extra are gonna be bought the same i think i will skip the edge unless there is a landing gear mod you can do with it but other than that i am thinking shp or yak.

But i have heard shp is gonna be more for like a beginer 3D flyer?

and the (blue) 46" yak seems cool but idk what to do?

Actually what size is the bipe coming in anybody know? i got 130 omega x-55 and 4 65mg
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 07:54 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
hear you there i planned on getting video this weekend but i was just having to much fun flying plus with the 48" epp i am not really used to it but i also really dont like it that much either, think i would much rather have a balsa.

So, i hate the wire landing gear on the 48" epp the planes just seems way to heavy for it. would the 48" edge with wire landing gear be the same or is the 48" edge airframe itself lighter than the 48" epp airframe?

If the gear on the 48" edge and epp extra are gonna be bought the same i think i will skip the edge unless there is a landing gear mod you can do with it but other than that i am thinking shp or yak.

But i have heard shp is gonna be more for like a beginer 3D flyer?

and the (blue) 46" yak seems cool but idk what to do?
The wire on the 48 epp is way thinner than the 48 edge wire. I ended up putting the 41 edge wire gear on my 48epp way better. I have no problems with the 41 edge or 48 edge wire gear. 48 edge is a great plane
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 07:56 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
The wire on the 48 epp is way thinner than the 48 edge wire. I ended up putting the 41 edge wire gear on my 48epp way better. I have no problems with the 41 edge or 48 edge wire gear. 48 edge is a great plane
ok well not worried about that then still idk what to choose, yak, shp, edge, what size is the bipe coming in?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 07:59 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
ok well not worried about that then still idk what to choose, yak, shp, edge, what size is the bipe coming in?
I think 40 or 42, but it will use 51 slick gear.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 08:25 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,186 Posts
I just did the maiden on my SHP today and it is pretty stable, i love the floaty flat spins it does. I have the 103 omega but im going to switch to the 130 soon. I think you would enjoy the SHP skarface. It does it all pretty well and it looks cool too(in red!)
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 08:34 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
The 48 RED shp was my first balsa plane. I'm glad I choose it.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 08:36 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
The 48 RED shp was my first balsa plane. I'm glad I choose it.
Now look at ya roller maniac
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 09:02 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
I think 40 or 42, but it will use 51 slick gear.
so wont be able to put 130g omega or x-55 in it?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 09:03 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
The 48 RED shp was my first balsa plane. I'm glad I choose it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
Now look at ya roller maniac
shp good for learning rolling harries? because i dont see them happening with my 42 anytime soon.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 09:04 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Alex Schauer's Avatar
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,552 Posts
Any tips on practicing torque rolls?
I am having difficulties, I can hover perfectly.
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 09:04 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Any tips on practicing torque rolls?
I am having difficulties, I can hover perfectly.
simulator
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 09:05 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
shp good for learning rolling harries? Because i dont see them happening with my 42 anytime soon.
rolling harries:O
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM