Old May 03, 2012, 08:35 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
Awesome!

My older kids don't want to do anything in real life, they would rather find an app and pretend that they did it. My little one likes dirt bikes and planes though, so there's hope!!!
Yeah its nice to get the kids out and away from the video games every once in a while
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 08:39 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie3D View Post
That sounds rad! I did a demo for some scouts a while back and they ate it up. The other guy that did the 1st demo was kinda reckless (not in a 3D way, either) but I think I inspired some youngsters to get into the hobby.

I'll be performing an airshow for a bunch of full scale guys with the 104" slick in June, they're going to get a huge kick out of what that plane does.
I really want to shove some more power into it though, the DLE-111 works but just doesn't do it for me. It looks like the first 2 seconds of a space shuttle launch when full throttling out of a hover. I'm thinking DA-120...

The slick flys so good though it distracts me from the lack of oomph regularly. The main reason I want more power is so it can really utilize it's roll rate potential at higher speeds, and for it to pull around high speed rolling loops better without wanting to slow down so much.

I also want to upgrade from a 27x10 to like, a 28x12 or so...
Yeah. I'm excited. My biggest plane right now is a 58" edge so I'll probably be flying that.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old May 03, 2012, 08:40 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,855 Posts
Awesome, Congrats. Losi!
CrashesALot is online now Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old May 03, 2012, 08:41 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,332 Posts
so did i miss wher 3dhs annouced they will no long be selling profile foamies? If so that sucks i really enjoy my 38" epp slick.

Any chance we will see a skywing version slick in the future?
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old May 03, 2012, 08:42 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
so did i miss wher 3dhs annouced they will no long be selling profile foamies? If so that sucks i really enjoy my 38" epp slick.

I don't see why they would stop selling profile planes. They are the best throw around backyard planes.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old May 03, 2012, 08:43 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,459 Posts
There going out of business?
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old May 03, 2012, 08:45 PM
USA, VA, Narrows
Joined Mar 2009
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie3D View Post
That sounds rad! I did a demo for some scouts a while back and they ate it up. The other guy that did the 1st demo was kinda reckless (not in a 3D way, either) but I think I inspired some youngsters to get into the hobby.

I'll be performing an airshow for a bunch of full scale guys with the 104" slick in June, they're going to get a huge kick out of what that plane does.
I really want to shove some more power into it though, the DLE-111 works but just doesn't do it for me. It looks like the first 2 seconds of a space shuttle launch when full throttling out of a hover. I'm thinking DA-120...

The slick flys so good though it distracts me from the lack of oomph regularly. The main reason I want more power is so it can really utilize it's roll rate potential at higher speeds, and for it to pull around high speed rolling loops better without wanting to slow down so much.

I also want to upgrade from a 27x10 to like, a 28x12 or so...
Trixie good to see you on rcg. My 111 is like a rocket in the slick but it rips the xoar carbon pretty easy i know they won't put up with the ripping at Joe Nall. Thinking about trying a vess stealth 28b.
skippy78 is online now Find More Posts by skippy78
Old May 03, 2012, 08:46 PM
3D-wanna-B
Lynchburg, VA
Joined Dec 2008
309 Posts
Quote:
Thought this was a joke... but you're right - no more profile foamies on their website. Guess I got my 38" Slick just in time.
theK2 is offline Find More Posts by theK2
Old May 03, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined May 2012
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78 View Post
Trixie good to see you on rcg. My 111 is like a rocket in the slick but it rips the xoar carbon pretty easy i know they won't put up with the ripping at Joe Nall. Thinking about trying a vess stealth 28b.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for sure. I unfortunately won't be changing out any engines before the Nall so I'll have to deal with what I have in that depot.
Trixie3D is offline Find More Posts by Trixie3D
Old May 03, 2012, 09:00 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,388 Posts
Quote:

I'd guess that is going to happen since the edge epp is already slated to come out
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old May 03, 2012, 09:11 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
epic 4G touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Epic 4G

Verizon does not list it on the site for phones available. Did a search.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old May 03, 2012, 09:13 PM
Pug Pilot
Wichita, Kansas
Joined Dec 2004
801 Posts
Is this Joe's 104" Slick at 2:45? I love the sound of the motor, it sounds so COOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wwbT85nZ1nU
moxjett is offline Find More Posts by moxjett
Old May 03, 2012, 09:32 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole View Post
I'd guess that is going to happen since the edge epp is already slated to come out
Whaaaaaat?????? Seriously?
Park_aviator is online now Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old May 03, 2012, 09:36 PM
CHOO CHOO
Northern Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
4,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxjett View Post
Is this Joe's 104" Slick at 2:45? I love the sound of the motor, it sounds so COOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wwbT85nZ1nU
Yep. Sounds awesome!
6L6Amp is offline Find More Posts by 6L6Amp
Old May 03, 2012, 09:53 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,446 Posts
Well gentle man I am getting ready to head out to watch the avengers in about 10 minutes. Hope its as good as the trailers portray it to be!!!

Oh taking my son back to the field tomorrow after school to do some more flying. Might let him fly one of my slicks to see what he thinks of it (yes it will be on a buddy box) I really hope he will want to stick with flying with me as I really enjoyed it today
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic