HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:05 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
Got about 30 seconds of flying in on my new ef 48" extra fuse. Lost radio contact and down she went. Took a new motor, gens ace 4s and all 4 hitecs with it.

I crashed a pz 300 extra in the EXACT same place due to radio failure. Looks like its time to find a new place to fly.

Pre maiden and post maiden flight
That sucks sorry to hear that.
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:08 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,150 Posts
Quote:
Got about 30 seconds of flying in on my new ef 48" extra fuse. Lost radio contact and down she went. Took a new motor, gens ace 4s and all 4 hitecs with it.

I crashed a pz 300 extra in the EXACT same place due to radio failure. Looks like its time to find a new place to fly.

Pre maiden and post maiden flight
atleast you got a plane in the pic with the truck this time
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:08 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post
Yikes! Stuff like that is so frustrating to deal with. Hope you figure out what the problem is
Yeah the only common denominator was the dx6i. But I have 1500 flights with it. It's gotta be something in the air right there. It smashed into the ground within 10 yards of where my pz 300 extra did.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Hehehe I didnt forget your advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
atleast you got a plane in the pic with the truck this time
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:19 PM
The loose nut behind the TX
Gladstone, MO
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Yeah the only common denominator was the dx6i. But I have 1500 flights with it. It's gotta be something in the air right there. It smashed into the ground within 10 yards of where my pz 300 extra did.
Damn man that sucks. There isn't a microwave tower around there is there?

Something like this could come in handy....Radio Shack used to carry something similar but don't know if they still do since they transitioned to "Cell Phone Store"
JeffSchre is offline Find More Posts by JeffSchre
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:21 PM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
I vote keep it all in one thread. It's easy enough to skim over the stuff I'm not interested in.

...but, I am pretty good at just "rolling with it", so I'll be able to work with whatever the collective decides. Someone just let me know what thread(s) to follow when all the dust settles.
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:27 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Quote:
does the dx6I you have have the new dsmx stuff spectrum just upgraded to to make the system hop?If not,that might remedy your problem.The old spectrum was prone to lockouts in crowds or weird areas.I had 1000s of flights too but lost planes at self in a crowd 2 years in a row before i switched systems.But I've not heard of those problems since spectrum upgraded,then upgraded again to fix the upgrade.lolol
oh sorry about your plane that do suck.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:29 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teookie View Post
i vote keep it all in one thread. It's easy enough to skim over the stuff i'm not interested in.

...but, i am pretty good at just "rolling with it", so i'll be able to work with whatever the collective decides. Someone just let me know what thread(s) to follow when all the dust settles.
+1...
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:29 PM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
Quote:
What rx? A lot of the BNF stuff came with the AR500. I have a PZ T28 with 100+ flights on its AR500 and no issues. However, crashed a GP combat Spitfire last summer for inexplicable reasons on another AR500. Did some reading then, and the AR500 is not well liked, even on Horizon's own comment section on that rx! Don't know what the issue really is/was...
wyo69cowboy is offline Find More Posts by wyo69cowboy
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Yeah the first was a ar500 and this one was an orange rx. I have tons of flights on it and trusted it for this plane too.

Both of those rxs are dsm2 so from now on it'll be all dsmx in balsa planes. Plus I have a dx8 that'll ne here Thursday.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
It is the dsmx version. I got it new in august. I have a dx8 coming Thursday so hopefully that combined with only using dsmx rxs from now on and never flying in that spot again I won't have any more issues.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:37 PM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
Quote:
Yeah the first was a ar500 and this one was an orange rx. I have tons of flights on it and trusted it for this plane too.

Both of those rxs are dsm2 so from now on it'll be all dsmx in balsa planes. Plus I have a dx8 that'll ne here Thursday.
Bummer, man. Sorry bout the plane. Nice truck tho! 68-69?

I have a couple orange rx for the Spektrum too; think I'm just gonna keep 'em for foamies and profiles...
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
The motor seems to turn very freely just like it did new. But there was a lot of dirt in it after crash. Don't know if I should ever use it again.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:40 PM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
Might use some of the spray motor cleaner the car guys use; I've had some REALLY dirty car motors survive...
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:40 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
I think I see your issue. It's that Sooners neck strap you've been using. You should ditch that thing immediately.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm