Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:58 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
and some other ones coming out of Germany but they are in the neighbor hood of 50-75% more expensive
50-75% more expensive on an ESC is better than a burnt up 89" Slick plus gear that they don't replace for you.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:03 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,848 Posts
uggghhhh. Its raining today and I was planning on spending some time on my 87 build today. Only problem, is had dinner with some of the wife's friends last night and ended up drinking waaaaayyyy too much. Boy am I paying the price right now.
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:07 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashesALot View Post
uggghhhh. Its raining today and I was planning on spending some time on my 87 build today. Only problem, is had dinner with some of the wife's friends last night and ended up drinking waaaaayyyy too much. Boy am I paying the price right now.
hehehe, sorry Mike. been down that road before--sure cuts down on productivity!

I haven't had a drink in almost 3 months (going for 4 total), just to see what it would be like. I sure miss having a few beers and wrenching on airplanes, but I REALLY don't miss the hangovers .
Irg is online now Find More Posts by Irg
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:09 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
Esc flame war .. how ironic.
That's funny!
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:10 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashesALot View Post
A couple bloody marys' and you will have it done in no time
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:10 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,546 Posts
Anyone here ever set up the Hangar 9 1/4 scale floats?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:14 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,641 Posts
so all of my 30cc planes are down for maintenance right now...actually, now that I think about it, all of my planes are down for maintenance right now....

I'd like to take the opportunity to replace the rudder and elevator hinges on the two 30cc ships. can anyone tell me the appropriate robart hinge part number? also, should I get the drill guide? if I was going to burn out the existing hinges with a soldering iron, do I need the drill guide?

thanks!!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:24 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,404 Posts
I'm so glad I have never drank. A hangover just doesn't look to fun.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:42 PM
3D-wanna-B
Lynchburg, VA
Joined Dec 2008
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
I haven't had a drink in almost 3 months (going for 4 total), just to see what it would be like. I sure miss having a few beers and wrenching on airplanes, but I REALLY don't miss the hangovers .
lrg - that's great man! I've tried quitting a few times and the longest I've made it was a month. I'm not a heavy drinker but do enjoy winding down after work with 1-3 light beers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I'm so glad I have never drank. A hangover just doesn't look to fun.
I'm sure you know this, but you can drink without having hangover. Either don't drink a lot or have 2-3 and then a glass of water. There are still nights from time to time when hanging with my buddies that I'll have 5-6 beers, but I always drink 1-2 large cups of water before bedtime and I haven't had a hangover in forever.

Wine... that's a different story. I rarely drink wine but if I kill 3/4 of a bottle I'll have a righteous hangover the next day.
theK2 is offline Find More Posts by theK2
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:05 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
50-75% more expensive on an ESC is better than a burnt up 89" Slick plus gear that they don't replace for you.
and THATS the bottom line
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,755 Posts
So, I want to put a go pro on my 58" Edge but can't really figure out a good way to mount it. I'd like to mount it right behind the canopy but can't think of a safe way to do it. Any ideas?
DFflyer is offline Find More Posts by DFflyer
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:54 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Had a pretty spectacular mid-air with GrimGrinnin's 51. The Slick's prop flew about 80 feet and landed on the ramada! Broken but repairable firewall, and just a little damage to the right wing... I'd happily pay $129 for a new kit, but I'm thinking mayyyyybe I can gorilla glue that wing back together.

FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:59 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,641 Posts
wow.

a night mid air. what are the chances... looks like it was fairly high energy too!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 02:02 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Extremely high energy. The Slick has a high KV motor and small prop... very fast. He was full throttle over the runway, so I went full throttle chasing him. We both thought his 51 was faster than my 48, but apparently I was catching up and he went in to an upline right in to the 48.

SMACK! I think they were stuck together until about half way down, then sort of came apart and landed in a pile. Both planes are pretty repairable.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Apr 22, 2012, 02:08 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFflyer View Post
So, I want to put a go pro on my 58" Edge but can't really figure out a good way to mount it. I'd like to mount it right behind the canopy but can't think of a safe way to do it. Any ideas?
Blenderm tape.

If you feel uncomfortable, put a small square of velcro under it too.

I dont use the gopro case when I mount it like this