Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 06, 2012, 11:06 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFlyer2 View Post
Damn SB !!! Looks like you got 'em down !!!
Thanks!!

that was the best out of 100 tries
stickybeatz is offline Find More Posts by stickybeatz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2012, 11:10 PM
United States, TX, Carrollton
Joined Dec 2009
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
yeah...I'm really sure now I'll have a hard time keeping up with this thread...by the time I found it on Sunday...there were 27 pages...now there's 46....I'm on page 8...

I hope to have time to keep up with either this or addicts thread...along with the other 20-something threads I'm following.....wow...

Oh well...glad to be here.
LOL I feel the pain Bivens... I have managed to make it a little better by filtering out the Cyber Social Club that feel they must post what they had for dinner and what not. Saves time this way but it would be better if people would just ask a few questions before submitting a post.

Is this 3dhs non specific airframe post?

Can I look this up on my own using the search feature?

Will this post be informative to others that come here for 3dhs information or one person? If one person PM that person.

Should I join a social group so I can post stuff non airplane related in a forum where people enjoy reading about that kind of stuff?
jhorton is offline Find More Posts by jhorton
Old Feb 06, 2012, 11:16 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,927 Posts
Seems jhorton missed a few point and I have one person on my ignore list

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
Here be a thread... please use it to enjoy talking about flying 3D planes and whatever such conversation drifts into. Talk about planes is desired, but having it enjoyed is the highest priority.

Hoping to be the beacon gathering place of the 3DHS customer base, the home for the chronically addicted to 3D.

Please participate by helping us enjoy how things are, help us make enjoyment in the future by helping the enjoyment grow... not by lamenting that you're not having fun in this thread and how much better it used to be. A group of human beings can't stay the same, it's impossible... please enjoy the randomness and play along! Maybe you can help guide it into some different form of fun in the future, but please do so by helping us have fun in the present.

rule #1: have fun.
rule #2: try and help others have fun.
the party foul: not having fun and posting in a way that causes others to not have fun also.

...if you're not having fun for some reason, try and reach us off-thread, and we'll see if we can bring about a special eco-system for your specific type of fun. sometimes it already exists and just needs to be located.

If someone says that they're not having fun with how this thread is, or that other threads were more fun in the past, please try to ignore them.

Also... "chronic" is just a word I like, I can think of fun graphics and stickers I can design with its use, but with discussion, happy to have it adapt to whatever we want it to be. Keeping in mind that we all don't need to be under a particular banner, though some do like being part of a group... whatever, there's a way for everyone to have fun and get what they need to do so.

Follow any thread you wish, of course... but this will become the thread where we throw out garage sales, and specials to the chronically addicted.

Cheers,
Arron
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Feb 06, 2012, 11:27 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhorton View Post
LOL I feel the pain Bivens... I have managed to make it a little better by filtering out the Cyber Social Club that feel they must post what they had for dinner and what not. Saves time this way but it would be better if people would just ask a few questions before submitting a post.

Will this post be informative to others that come here for 3dhs information or one person? If one person PM that person.

Should I join a social group so I can post stuff non airplane related in a forum where people enjoy reading about that kind of stuff?
You have a high bar! I have posted a little less than 400 posts in the almost 4 years I've been on RCG, that averages to about 100 posts a year, granted I've posted a little more in the last few months because I have an 89" Slick, a 62" Osiris and a "Brand X" Vanquish. But I think if you look at my post history less than 5% is joining in on the general banter and 95% is either seeking or providing information from/for fellow fanaddicts.

But whatever, it's the interwebs and I've been in RC forums for about 20 years (starting with rec.*.rc on usenet) and I've ignored plenty of folk so feel free to ignore whomever you want including me...

Peter+
pvogel is online now Find More Posts by pvogel
Old Feb 06, 2012, 11:38 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhorton View Post

jhorton I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting tired of reading your posts whining about everyone posting whatever they want on this thread. I think you have missed the point of what this thread is about. It's about friendship revolving around people enjoying the 3dhs airframes. Many people do ask questions and get answers here all the time and it does get difficult to keep up with.

I have a suggestion. Rather than whine about the deficiencies of this thread, why don't you create another thread that does what you want it to?

Here is a book to add to your reading list. It might change your life

http://www.amazon.com/Dog-Poop-Initi.../dp/1932280839
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 06, 2012, 11:48 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,455 Posts
Never mind....not worth the effort...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Feb 07, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:00 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFlyer2 View Post
Just listened to the whole Dr. Dre Chronic album...but in particular Track 15...brought back some good memories...thanks for that...LOL !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post
update on the rolling cuban progress Inspired by Wamsy!
Sticky...that'd do pretty well in a "ONE-TRICK" contest like we had at Nall last year...after all...some guy from LA won it by splashing around a little... After JP...of all people suggested he do "low-rollers" over the pond....

Can you do those cuban rollers on command that clean with a 89? 104? 103? 119?

There's a short list of guys here that can do that.....

I cannot....yet... But I'm working on it...give me another year... Nice work.
Bivens is online now Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:30 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,959 Posts
thought I'd share
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:39 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,959 Posts
here's another one. Oops there isn't an airplane in it.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:41 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
here's another one. Oops there isn't an airplane in it.
I like that!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:48 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,442 Posts
I'm guessing a good portion of you guys are snowed in right now and starting to get cabin fever. Now you know how I feel for 5-6 months of the year! Please take any posts I make between Nov-Mar with a grain of salt!

On the up side, while you guys were getting snowed in we were having a chinook. I got to fly for the first time since November. Got a few packs and the maiden flight done on my new 38" EPP Slick. It flew great, but my thumbs didn't!
G.P. is online now Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:52 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,455 Posts
Hi Greg...

Well...it was 74 degrees here today, but overcast....calm early in the morning, but clouds started blowing in about noon, and it is raining here now and supposed to rain until late afternoon tomorrow according to the weather guy...Therefore, I put a bunch of batteries on charge, as it will probably be a beautiful day...(the weatherman on the news channel I watch doesn't know his "elbow" from a hole in the ground)....

Ooops...is it okay to talk about weather here???

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2012, 01:07 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,442 Posts
I'm glad to hear that some of you are still getting some good flying weather. I had the news on in the background and wasn't really paying attention....sounded like a bunch of places were digging out yesterday.

I go the extended servo arms on the Yak and got it all set up in record time. Spooled up the engine and found out that my only bolt on prop adapter for my A20 was bent. The last install used the collet adapter, so I must have bent it on the previous airframe. Kind of a bummer because I had spares and gave them to a friend just a few weeks ago. So new adapters in the mail, and hopefully the weather holds out for a few more days!
G.P. is online now Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 01:22 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
I'm glad to hear that some of you are still getting some good flying weather. I had the news on in the background and wasn't really paying attention....sounded like a bunch of places were digging out yesterday.

I go the extended servo arms on the Yak and got it all set up in record time. Spooled up the engine and found out that my only bolt on prop adapter for my A20 was bent. The last install used the collet adapter, so I must have bent it on the previous airframe. Kind of a bummer because I had spares and gave them to a friend just a few weeks ago. So new adapters in the mail, and hopefully the weather holds out for a few more days!
Sorry to hear that Greg...but I'm sure you will get to fly it soon...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2012, 01:24 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,455 Posts
Is there a way to change the font on RCG??? I switched over to the "fluid" style, and don't like the font, (didn't like it on the adaptive style either)...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member