HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:34 PM
Don't Midair Me, Bro!
USA, IN, Auburn
Joined Jun 2010
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Checkout 3DHS site, something's cooking. Check the ETA too....

Apparently somebody from HK snuck in and stole all the Stock!
That is curious. Maybe Somali pirates hijacked all the 3DHS containers.
split_s is online now Find More Posts by split_s
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:37 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plank420 View Post
Nice, there looking good
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Looks good!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
Looking good man. Much easier when they are down low and you can see everything that is going on huh?
Thanks guys!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:42 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,799 Posts
Goin Flyin'....
heritageflyer is online now Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:07 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,045 Posts
Quote:
Goin Flyin'....
no trees
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:21 PM
Professional Toothpick maker
USA, NY, New Hampton
Joined Jan 2005
681 Posts
I know who's flying tomorrow. Being laid off sucks but days like this make it seem so much better

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 33. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 69. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph.
nalby is online now Find More Posts by nalby
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:33 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,848 Posts
Well, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times .... lol.

Got enough yard work done today that the wife let me go get a few flights in. Was having a blast with the 48" extra, nice low rollers, rolling loops, lots of fun (for 2 1/2 batteries worth), then during a low roller, I pulled too hard and ended nosing it in hard. I think it's repairable, but I don't know for sure as I had done so much damage when I put it in the last time (maidening it in the dark in a parking lot )
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:19 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,799 Posts
AHHhhhhhhhhh.............

Burned all six packs in the 48 Edge. Had to fly in front of one of the regulars, who watched all six flights. He is the only other guy that has 3DHS around here, has the Buck Huck in Orange.

Took off and went right into Rolling Harrier circles. Longest continuous I've ever done with balsa. Everything was clicking tonight on timing, totally different than yesterday. Had multiple KE Spins to Inverted Flats from all kinds of different entrances. Figured out what it likes now. Got a bunch of PopTops too, both sides up.

Was a little gusty off and on for the first 3-4 packs, then it really died off and felt so nice out there at 65°.

I was pretty much worn out from the rollers, standing out there for over an hour. However, it was the best feeling temps and air that I've been flying in since early last Fall. Sure felt good! All those good flights made it feel even better!

Going to be in the 70's a few days this week, hope the winds are decent some of those evenings. Sunset was at 7:32 tonight!

PS: Turner your 51 Slick Rollers inspired me for today's flights! (those were probably my former 4S packs anyways)
heritageflyer is online now Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:24 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,470 Posts
Phoenix
Huckin
addict

Closed
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Last edited by wamsy55; Mar 11, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:25 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
AHHhhhhhhhhh.............

Burned all six packs in the 48 Edge. Had to fly in front of one of the regulars, who watched all six flights. He is the only other guy that has 3DHS around here, has the Buck Huck in Orange.

Took off and went right into Rolling Harrier circles. Longest continuous I've ever done with balsa. Everything was clicking tonight on timing, totally different than yesterday. Had multiple KE Spins to Inverted Flats from all kinds of different entrances. Figured out what it likes now. Got a bunch of PopTops too, both sides up.

Was a little gusty off and on for the first 3-4 packs, then it really died off and felt so nice out there at 65°.

I was pretty much worn out from the rollers, standing out there for over an hour. However, it was the best feeling temps and air that I've been flying in since early last Fall. Sure felt good! All those good flights made it feel even better!

Going to be in the 70's a few days this week, hope the winds are decent some of those evenings. Sunset was at 7:32 tonight!

PS: Turner your 51 Slick Rollers inspired me for today's flights! (those were probably my former 4S packs anyways)

Well done my friend!!!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:37 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
RF 6
Huckin
flylow
tominator06 is online now Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:44 PM
United States, TX, Palacios
Joined Feb 2009
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
RF 6
Huckin
flylow
On my way...
SportFlyer2 is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer2
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:11 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,045 Posts
this is so cool i had to post this from the huckers thread....its hard to tell but its jeff's 104 and monte's EF125 extra.....
Short but sweet (0 min 9 sec)
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:39 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,313 Posts
flew at a local field for the first time this weekend as a guest, i think i was the only one there running all electric and was the youngest by a long shot. Put the 48" edge into a full throttle, very long, KE Spin....one of the guys yells out "Hey that engine sounds a bit lean to me"
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:39 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
flew at a local field for the first time this weekend as a guest, i think i was the only one there running all electric and was the youngest by a long shot. Put the 48" edge into a full throttle, very long, ke spin....one of the guys yells out "hey that engine sounds a bit lean to me"
hahahaha
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:46 PM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
Midair at the field yesterday between two great planes arfs. One guy was flying with a DX8. As soon as the midair happened and his plane lost a wing and crashed, his TX started beeping like crazy.

Yup, I guess his "you've crahsed!" telemetry feature is working!!
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie