HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:52 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,194 Posts
Trying to figure out the weight difference between the DA-50 & the DLE-55....manufacturer specs say 2.94lbs for the DA and 3.5lbs for the DlE...anybody confirm this?
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:10 PM
USA, VA, Narrows
Joined Mar 2009
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
Trying to figure out the weight difference between the DA-50 & the DLE-55....manufacturer specs say 2.94lbs for the DA and 3.5lbs for the DlE...anybody confirm this?
Pretty sure the da is weighed without the muffler and the dle is weighed with the muffler.
skippy78 is online now Find More Posts by skippy78
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:24 PM
Check Your Bolts!!
Grove, Ok
Joined Feb 2005
1,081 Posts
Hey guys just thought I would post this up.
Yesterday afternoon a long time modeller and good friend lost his house and all his belongings including all his R/C stuff in a fire. This is just another thing in a list of bad luck he has had over the past year. He lost his wife to a heart attack last March and then a month or so later had to bury her dog also.
So I am starting a call to freinds and family of the R/C community to help him continue in the hobby. Like I said he lost everything in the fire. He is a sport flier and flies glow and gas stuff. Any help will be appreciated.
Just get in touch with me if you are able to help. Cell is 918-801-2239.
Thanks in advance guys.
JClark is offline Find More Posts by JClark
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:13 PM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,130 Posts
Thats exactly what it is. I was blown away with how well it flew. I have to say I would love to have one and will one day! Hell I was one big bounch from owning one yesterday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
Is that the Extra 260? I have it in the blue thrush scheme and it is one of the best flying 40%ers out there. Pilot makes (IMO) one of the best airframes out there and is every bit on par with 3DHS and EF. They also have TOP notch CS... Still love the 3DHS though, I quite a few cold flights on my electric 68 velox and my little yak today. Really like the velox, it is quickly taking a step in front of my 50cc edge, it just does everything nice and is a blast to fly hard!
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:28 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,139 Posts
Hey guys....

I lost the link to the animated "it will do 100 miles per hour" thing....anybody have it???

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:31 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
The wing tube on my new 57 SC is a really tight fit. I know that the best thing to do is sand the sleeve but can I also try applying some WD40 to the tube itself? Any other lubricants that are better to use?
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:35 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Hey guys....

I lost the link to the animated "it will do 100 miles per hour" thing....anybody have it???

SteveT.
RC Flying Newbie (3 min 36 sec)
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:20 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,139 Posts
Thanks Ole!!

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:31 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,139 Posts
We have all said that Joe Smith could fly a brick if it had enough power......how about a flying 2X4.....

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:22 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
The wing tube on my new 57 SC is a really tight fit. I know that the best thing to do is sand the sleeve but can I also try applying some WD40 to the tube itself? Any other lubricants that are better to use?
I've used lithium grease to good effect in that past. comes in a can similar to wd 40.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:12 AM
USA, VA, Narrows
Joined Mar 2009
1,494 Posts
Quote:
I have used cooking spray with good results.
skippy78 is online now Find More Posts by skippy78
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:08 AM
3D Addict
Merrimac, MA
Joined Jan 2006
1,138 Posts
Quote:
I like using graphite dust, comes in a tube, used to squirt into keylocks, can find at a good hardware store or locksmith, auto supply. CF is self lubricating in the sense that the particules are "platelets" that enable the sliding action. I also tried some Maguires "Shine while u dry" that Steve T recommended for polishing ultracote which worked well.
alfabeast is offline Find More Posts by alfabeast
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:30 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,469 Posts
Does anyone have a wingtube sleeve for a 71 slick they would be willing to part with. It's the only thing l need to fix mine.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:34 AM
I AM Smiling
Joined Dec 2007
373 Posts
[QUOTE=JClark;24304208]Hey guys just thought I would post this up.
Yesterday afternoon a long time modeller and good friend lost his house and all his belongings including all his R/C stuff in a fire.

Let me know what he wants/needs/can use. I'ld like to help.

Dave
DeadStick Dave is offline Find More Posts by DeadStick Dave
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:43 AM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,268 Posts
Quote:
Jim Smith told me this and I'm going to pass it along. Wipe down the tube really well, just with a towel. Then rub some baby power on it. See if it slides in? If that doesn't work, lightly sand the sleeve. This worked great for me!!
diggity2424 is online now Find More Posts by diggity2424