HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:00 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
9,999 Posts
and they are not very hard to hit either....they repeatedly intentionally throw their cars at us all the time....is that some kind of goofy car game?
aronph is online now Find More Posts by aronph
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:35 AM
United States, NC, Robbins
Joined Jul 2008
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
Met up with Bivens and UTJason in Ktown today at the feild. Got a pull on a 120 powered 103"....I can honestly say that plane is overpowered. IMO, a DA100 is plenty...that plane is no joke. I have been practicing rifle rollers on the sim and I did it with that plane but I was scared to push the stick over half throttle....it was really cold and windy, my hands were freezing but I couldnt pass up the chance....Jason had his 60 powered 87....awesome plane...does rolling turns on a dime...I followed Jason over to the real feild and boarded his scale bonanza...225HP...flippin unflippin believable....flippin flippin....grass strip..water on two sides....we flew around Ktown dodging snow squals till we got up high enough to get out of the turbulence then just went sight seeing for a while. My favorite part of riding in scale is the landing. Not because we are making it back to the ground but the sight is just amazing. Nose pointed down, all of the runway in sight, and in this paticular situation the veiw was alot different than airports in ohio. This is a grass strip with water on one side and at one end, and just across the water was trees. So on the approach, we went over trees *GASP*....then over the water and the threshold of the runway is literally the shoreline....Jason put down the smoothest crosswind landing I have witnessed.....just had to be there I guess. My gf brought her camera and I know she was snappin shots but I havent looked to see what she got. I'll post those if I can. After we landed we went through ktown on ground level and weaved around the goofiest road setup I think I have ever seen to a Ruby Tuesdays.....my treat for the flight....J's gf met us there and we sat and talked planes for what seemed a couple hours.......awesome day....
SOunds like you had a blast, well until you mentioned trees. Aronph and Planes and trees "NO"
deerfreak is offline Find More Posts by deerfreak
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:00 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
Met up with Bivens and UTJason in Ktown today at the feild. Got a pull on a 120 powered 103"....I can honestly say that plane is overpowered. IMO, a DA100 is plenty...that plane is no joke. I have been practicing rifle rollers on the sim and I did it with that plane but I was scared to push the stick over half throttle....it was really cold and windy, my hands were freezing but I couldnt pass up the chance....Jason had his 60 powered 87....awesome plane...does rolling turns on a dime...I followed Jason over to the real feild and boarded his scale bonanza...225HP...flippin unflippin believable....flippin flippin....grass strip..water on two sides....we flew around Ktown dodging snow squals till we got up high enough to get out of the turbulence then just went sight seeing for a while. My favorite part of riding in scale is the landing. Not because we are making it back to the ground but the sight is just amazing. Nose pointed down, all of the runway in sight, and in this paticular situation the veiw was alot different than airports in ohio. This is a grass strip with water on one side and at one end, and just across the water was trees. So on the approach, we went over trees *GASP*....then over the water and the threshold of the runway is literally the shoreline....Jason put down the smoothest crosswind landing I have witnessed.....just had to be there I guess. My gf brought her camera and I know she was snappin shots but I havent looked to see what she got. I'll post those if I can. After we landed we went through ktown on ground level and weaved around the goofiest road setup I think I have ever seen to a Ruby Tuesdays.....my treat for the flight....J's gf met us there and we sat and talked planes for what seemed a couple hours.......awesome day....
Sounds awesome man! Be sure to give me a heads up the next time you're passing through Charlotte.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:54 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
651 Posts
Steve if you have an HHR you can put a lot more than a 25% bird. My buddy puts his 35% hemple yak in his with the stabs and rudder on. And still has room for a few small planes. He does not have room for a passenger or a soda in the console though

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
If the 71" Slick just barely fits, the 72" Extra won't, at least that is how it works out for me...My 71" and 74" fit but I have to put my seat forward just a bit in my 72" in my HHR.

SteveT.
nebwake is online now Find More Posts by nebwake
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:59 AM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
So I finally broke down and bought a new SUV today. Since getting married my wife somehow managed to get my BMW from me (two actually... She took my 335 coupe and after having a baby I traded that in for a 5 series for her as a coupe just isn't baby friendly) while I inherited her 2004 beat to crap Nissan Murano. I kept waiting/hoping for the car to die but it just wouldn't. The motor is still running great (107,000 miles) but I just got tired of it so I went to the dealership today and came home with a 2013 4Runner. Seems pretty decent so far. But I'm shocked to say that my 71" Slick actually fit a little better in the Murano! I mean it fits just fine in the 4Runner but just barely! It has to do with how the seats fold down... The Murano was a little more efficient that way.

Any 4Runner guys here? I've always liked the way the looked and I liked the price so I figured what the hell.

I have a Nissan Pathfinder, in which is very similar in size to the 4Runner. On my Pathfinder, I am able to fold down both the front and back seats so I have space the whole length of the SUV. I'm able to fit my 89 and and 59 at the same time with more room for gear if needed.
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:25 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
I have a Nissan Pathfinder, in which is very similar in size to the 4Runner. On my Pathfinder, I am able to fold down both the front and back seats so I have space the whole length of the SUV. I'm able to fit my 89 and and 59 at the same time with more room for gear if needed.
I had a pathfinder back in 98 and loved that truck. Another very reliable vehicle.

The 4Runner seats fold down a little differently. The base (part your butt goes on) folds down first so that its pressed up against the from seats. And then the back folds down. So the base actually sticks up above the floor a little. In the Murano everything folded down flush which provided slightly more room. I think the 4Runners with a third row fold down differently (more like the Murano) but I didn't want/need a third row so...
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:09 AM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,193 Posts
Quote:
I had a pathfinder back in 98 and loved that truck. Another very reliable vehicle.

The 4Runner seats fold down a little differently. The base (part your butt goes on) folds down first so that its pressed up against the from seats. And then the back folds down. So the base actually sticks up above the floor a little. In the Murano everything folded down flush which provided slightly more room. I think the 4Runners with a third row fold down differently (more like the Murano) but I didn't want/need a third row so...
ahh! the pathfinders seats all fold where everything is flush, like a table. Makes it very easy for 50cc planes to slide in and out.
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:52 AM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
3,151 Posts
I have an 06' 4runner limited and I love it. Very reliable and comfortable. Plenty of room for a wife, 2 65lb dogs and planes. Can't say I love the way the seats fold down though. I'm 6-1 and fit real comfy with the seat all the way back. If I fold both back seats down I have to move the drivers seat up a few inches. Not at all comfy for me then. The up side is it's 65-35 split with the larger section on the passengers side. Guess they realized it might be an issue for some. I don't have anything larger than a 60" airframe to haul but it will hold at least a 60" and 2 48" with all my gear no problem at all. Actually without even folding the seats. 3 fuse sit on a slat that sits on the rear window sills and is bungied to the top anchor point under the sill. I use micro fiber towels to protct everything and wrap a just snug bungie around the gear with the tails sitting on top of the back seat. That wouldn't work with anything bigger than a 60 though and it will only fit 2 60" or 1 60" w/ 2 48". Wings all stack up in bags and wrapped in towels under the fuses.

Anyway 4runners are really dependable vehicles so you def. won't regret it.
When I do get larger birds I have a 2000' E250 Cargo Van to use as a mobile hanger. I don't use it for business anymore just home project stuff these days.
Liberty10 is offline Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:54 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
9,999 Posts
Quote:
Sounds awesome man! Be sure to give me a heads up the next time you're passing through Charlotte.
I will...and when I get the pics from her fone and camera Ill post them when I can
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:58 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,928 Posts
So for a 87" shp, what spinner should I go with? Also, what fuel tank?
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:17 PM
Team Hillbilly 🐘💨
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2010
931 Posts
3.5 inch spinner as per the website. 16 to 24 oz tank is a popular size. 3dhs sells a 16 oz fortitude tank that's a good choice
bullittjeff is offline Find More Posts by bullittjeff
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:17 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
9,999 Posts
no spinner
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:35 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,399 Posts
Quote:
no spinner
but spinners make it look good!
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:36 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,399 Posts
i kinda would rather have a 89 slcik. i have too many extras. ive never even flown a slick!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:37 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,399 Posts
yay! 30000th post!!!!!!!!
Last edited by cale10; Feb 17, 2013 at 01:19 PM.