Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:38 PM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Flew my 72" extra today sounds awesome! Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359236289.706668.jpg
Views: 107
Size: 103.8 KB
Description:
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:51 PM
Stick banger
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2004
1,031 Posts
Looks like no flying this weekend, rained out. It's not suppose to rain in the desert.
Ace4 is offline Find More Posts by Ace4
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:53 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
Flew my 72" extra today sounds awesome! Attachment 5482453
This is an optical illusion... the plane can be flying two ways if you look at it from two different perspectives...

Cooool...

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:55 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2011
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
Looks like no flying this weekend, rained out. It's not suppose to rain in the desert.
Rained out here this weekend too. And we have a long weekend for the Australia Day holiday.

There is an ex-cyclone (Hurricane for out northern friends ) now a low depression coming down the coast dumping a lot of rain and wind since Friday and will continue through to Tuesday by the looks of it.
edf_rookie is offline Find More Posts by edf_rookie
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:11 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,136 Posts
Quote:

You can ask Joey about it not supposed to rain in the desert
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:14 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
Flew my 72" extra today sounds awesome! Attachment 5482453
Sweet plane. would love to hear it *hint *hint
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:31 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Looks like any other aerobat when you are sitting inside it...

Yeah, I suppose so, but I really like the round cowl on Sukhois...

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:25 PM
House of Paine
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2007
2,168 Posts
Quote:
We still managed some flying today at AEF. I got in a couple foamy flights to start. When rain let up a bit folks started flying into the low cloud layer and waiting to see where they would come back out. I could not resist and flew two flights with my 65" Vyper and two more with my venerable 70" FB Slick, taking both out of sight in the clouds. Talk about seconds feeling like minutes

It started raining a bit harder again on my last 70" flight and there had built up a nice puddle on the N side of the runway. My spotter thought it might be cool to try to tail dip, and I thought... why not? It was not successful as it was a bit windy and I'm no pro At one point I was coming back over the puddle in harrier into the wind to setup another attempt, got too low and sort of landed in the puddle. Hit full throttle trying to power out of it, which I did, and in the process nearly tore off one elevator counter-balance... Fun times and should be an easy repair.
weaser42 is offline Find More Posts by weaser42
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:32 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,990 Posts
I went to an indoor fun fly today! It was a bunch of fun! I took my 3DHS 33" extra, my mini popwing, my scratchbuilt delta (not built by me), and my ember 2! They had a "no rules" pylon race! I used my mini popwing but I didn't win! On the first lap I hit a pylon! Doh!

I also had a ton of mid airs! My 33" extra handled them like a champ! Some of the other planes didn't fair too well though. I feel bad for them. Everyone was having mid airs though!

I won a Thunder Power TP610C-ACDC charger in a raffle!!! I'm really excited about that! It does 10a and can do AC power without a power supply!! Now I will have 5 chargers! I think I'm pretty set on chargers! Lol!

Anyway, I had a bunch of fun! My dad took a video and got one of my mid airs on it!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:32 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,990 Posts
Double post.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by zmonster97; Jan 26, 2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:48 PM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
This is an optical illusion... the plane can be flying two ways if you look at it from two different perspectives...

Cooool...

Dan
I dont see it
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:09 PM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,681 Posts
Hey any guys in Ohio looking for a 47" SHP I got mine for sale!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1818160
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:29 PM
It took me 30 years?!?!!!
Chandler, AZ
Joined Apr 2007
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42 View Post
We still managed some flying today at AEF. I got in a couple foamy flights to start. When rain let up a bit folks started flying into the low cloud layer and waiting to see where they would come back out. I could not resist and flew two flights with my 65" Vyper and two more with my venerable 70" FB Slick, taking both out of sight in the clouds. Talk about seconds feeling like minutes

It started raining a bit harder again on my last 70" flight and there had built up a nice puddle on the N side of the runway. My spotter thought it might be cool to try to tail dip, and I thought... why not? It was not successful as it was a bit windy and I'm no pro At one point I was coming back over the puddle in harrier into the wind to setup another attempt, got too low and sort of landed in the puddle. Hit full throttle trying to power out of it, which I did, and in the process nearly tore off one elevator counter-balance... Fun times and should be an easy repair.
Sweet! As usual, you da man.

btsai is offline Find More Posts by btsai
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:55 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,463 Posts
RF 6.5

huckin

addict
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:13 PM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
wamsy and Diggity have been very helpful getting my 89 together. We made some good progress on dwight's 104!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Last edited by DaaBears; Jan 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM.