Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:06 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
LOL thanks!
I've flown only the Edge. I built a gas one for my uncle with OSGT33/smoke system. Thats what got me hooked!

Do you think it would be a bad idea to fly something that large at Forsberg?
If so then I'd rather go gas. But I think that it would be fine....

I hope you got the Yellow/Blue scheme-cuz that flies better
ROTHFLMAO!!!!! Red/white.blue always flies better....This bad boy with a Hacker A60-5S on 8S is outstanding!!!

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Jan 23, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:15 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
ROTHFLMAO!!!!! This bad boy with a Hacker A60-5S on 8S is outstanding!!!

SteveT.
yup i like the red and white a lot now!!! see!
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:22 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
ROTHFLMAO!!!!! Red/white.blue always flies better....This bad boy with a Hacker A60-5S on 8S is outstanding!!!

SteveT.
What prop on there SteveT?

SteveM :P
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:24 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri View Post
Yes of course I have the blue yellow. You could get away with it there but I think you might make some people nervous. I fly mine over at SMMAC in Owatonna.

Where would you fly it as a gas setup? If you have a place you can fly it often I'd go gas. It's easier to get more flying done in a day that way.

Steve
I'm not a member of any club...yet. I think if I could go electric and fly at the NMEF field I would get much mote time with it than a gas setup. Just because I can ride my bike over whenever I feel like it - whereas with gas it would be a MAYBE...MAYBE once a month thing. Dad would have to drive me over to the one by the Apple farm (its the closest) and then if I would want to stay all day he would have to make two trips...and I'm not sure he would be so happy about that. I will have to talk with him and see what he says...
The nice thing was was that I could just fly whenever I wanted during summer vacation.
Hmmm........I really don't know.
They have flown some really big gliders, and the Sig 4 star 120, but then again, he has a lot of respect and trust going for him.....
Huh.
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:27 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,530 Posts
Wow you can go down to the field and fly all day long?! That's awesome! I'm limited to 30-50 minutes at the most

Maybe I'll have to join a club this summer. Heck if I can go out flying for the day that would be awesome...

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:28 PM
MN WATTS Master
Joined Jul 2003
7,369 Posts
Honestly then I'd stick with something electric and for the parkflyer field.

I get nervous when half those guys fly those bigger planes over there. It's not the size of the field cause I know these planes will drop in on a dime. It's the pilots flying them!

I still say you should get the edge! The extra is nice but I think the Edge will be more exciting in the maneuvers you like to do!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:50 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
Double post
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:53 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
Thanks-good to know. Looks like its down to either a DA35 or a Motrolfly on 8S to fly at the apple farm field. Its not that bad-only a 15 minute drive or so. 8S so I can share the batteries with my (current) Beaver that takes 4S 4000-5000 or the 57 Extra I'd like to get afterwards
Would the Edge be good for freestyle Imac and stuff like that? I'd like to find a few competitions around southern MN to do a few routines at to get the experience like you suggested.
Been meaning to ask you-where are the competitions? What clubs? I'd like to know so I can stay posted on their websites to wait for dates that I'd image will be published this spring.
Thanks,
Alex
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:57 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,125 Posts
Quote:
Double post
IMO. 72 tracks better than the 74

For imac
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:01 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
IMO. 72 tracks better than the 74

For imac
is that an insult to the 72's superior 3d capabilities?
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:40 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Well, after recommending the idea to my new club, (114th RC Aero Squadron) we now have an official Texas FLI again!!! April 19-21 2013!!! So who's coming?

(Bivens and Wamsy, y'all better come, it's gonna be a good time )

((Yes this is an official 3dhs FLI))

(((I guess I'll start a thread later?)))
Count me in!
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:52 PM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
If you keep the 55 we can mount it and fly it this weekend.
Hey wamsy, u think that would still be good with pull pull? How r the guys running the da60 setting it up.? Really need to know the weight of the eme60 I guess
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:25 PM
MN WATTS Master
Joined Jul 2003
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Thanks-good to know. Looks like its down to either a DA35 or a Motrolfly on 8S to fly at the apple farm field. Its not that bad-only a 15 minute drive or so. 8S so I can share the batteries with my (current) Beaver that takes 4S 4000-5000 or the 57 Extra I'd like to get afterwards
Would the Edge be good for freestyle Imac and stuff like that? I'd like to find a few competitions around southern MN to do a few routines at to get the experience like you suggested.
Been meaning to ask you-where are the competitions? What clubs? I'd like to know so I can stay posted on their websites to wait for dates that I'd image will be published this spring.
Thanks,
Alex

Well if your wanting to do IMAC then yes the Extra will be a great setup. I'm running the Mortofly on 8S in mine as well.

Can't tell ya on the competitions around here as I have not seen any but I have not been looking that hard. If I hear of anything I'll let you know.

Honestly I'm not a big fan of the field by the apple farm. I love my field at SMMAC. It's a farther drive but well worth it for a day of flying. I'll have to drag you out there sometime this year.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:46 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
Hey wamsy, u think that would still be good with pull pull? How r the guys running the da60 setting it up.? Really need to know the weight of the eme60 I guess
Its like .9 lbs heavier than the DA.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:50 PM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Its like .9 lbs heavier than the DA.
I think that's with ignition and muffler.. I actually think the motor itself comes in a tad lighter... The DA doesn't come with a muffler and the weight is motor only.

I think this is what it is anyways.. i may be wrong
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears