SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:55 AM
ex-noob
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Me too.....but even with being careful, you can get hacked just being online without some type of anti-virus.

SteveT
Yep. They're out there... just watching, waiting for the opportunity for the unprotected to come online so they can pounce.
Lardog is online now Find More Posts by Lardog
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:56 AM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
i think somebody is getting paid from somewhere to do it.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:01 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,845 Posts
You're probably right Ole!!

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:02 AM
AKA Boomhauer
Arkansas
Joined May 2008
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Yeah... I have been checking a lot of reviews, and the tops ones are Vipre, Bitdefender Kapersky, AVG and Avast.....unfortunately these same reviews also rate Norton as being good....the one they didn't even rank was McAfee....

SteveT.
Norton and Mcafee are real bad at putting crap in your registry and make it near impossible for the average guru to remove it completely from your system. They have both been known to put crap on pc's to get money out of folks. Here is an example.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygree...sell-upgrades/
Lomchevac is offline Find More Posts by Lomchevac
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:14 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomchevac View Post
Norton and Mcafee are real bad at putting crap in your registry and make it near impossible for the average guru to remove it completely from your system. They have both been known to put crap on pc's to get money out of folks. Here is an example.
since my computer is for entertainment only... i dont actually run av.... just when it gets toooo sick,i just reinstall fresh windows... (about once a year) hard drive format is sure to remove all viruses!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:22 AM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomchevac View Post
yes they do, which bogs the pc down and hogs resources. Norton has done it since day one.(im sure they would dispute this).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
since my computer is for entertainment only... i dont actually run av.... just when it gets toooo sick,i just reinstall fresh windows... (about once a year) hard drive format is sure to remove all viruses!
ive had a computer since 1985(commodore 64) i highly recommend to do "spring cleaning" on your computer at least once a year. On pc's that we use here and work i usually do it 2x a year.
IMHO this is more important in this day and time than ever.
Backup your files, programs and settings and reinstall windows. Then reinstall virus and firewalls, do windows updates, reinstall programs and files and update programs if needed. In that order.
Your computer will run better and probably last alil longer. And its not really all that hard, you can look at "reformat Windows ___" (blank being the version of windows you are running) in a search engine and just follow the instructions. Now it does take some time, but like anything else itll pay in the long run and your pc will run better and faster.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:37 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,868 Posts
PCTOOLS-Registry Mechanic.

Autoruns daily and keeps your Registry clean and the PC in top shape. Helps prevent windows from eating itself.

Mine is all good as of 11 pm last night. Both machines are working fine on Internet, so most of my issues were probably TW and DNS being intermittent. Running fast now and getting to anything I need.

Now maybe I can start on my F-22 build tonight.....

Taking dad from nursing home to OSU again for staples removal and checkup. He is being Machine Fed (2 hr process), 4 times per day now via stomach tube. I'm sure the 4 hr roundtrip will be interesting today since he has to miss the Noon feed, that and with his Dementia. Will be turning up the radio.......
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:48 AM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
registry cleaners are good. but they miss alot also, but like mentioned above Norton and others are almost impossible to completely get rid of. but its just not just the registry that needs cleaned. reformatting is kinda like overhaul'n a car motor. nice clean fresh start
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:16 AM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,649 Posts
Thanks for the offer Steve! I am going to see if there is someone at the field who has one, if not-sign me up!
Thanks!!!!!
Alex
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:17 AM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,649 Posts
Does the discharge function on my changer discharge them conpletely or to storage?? And the "storage" function-is that charge or discharge?
Thanks-
Alex
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:18 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,728 Posts
I use ESET Nod32.

http://www.eset.com/us/

And for alot of good reasons.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:48 AM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Does the discharge function on my changer discharge them conpletely or to storage?? And the "storage" function-is that charge or discharge?
Thanks-
Alex
Usually the storage function will both charge and discharge accordingly to get to storage voltage.
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:33 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,653 Posts
I noticed my icharger does both discharge and charge to get to storage. but when it discharges the cells often end up out of balance. if it charges them to get to storage, they are well balanced.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:55 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,011 Posts
I just ordered an icharger 306b!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:19 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY