HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:45 PM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
that is exactly what global warming brings, unusual weather patterns, a renewed ice age in Europe as the gulf steam warms
Exactly, I can't complain with rain and a few flurries in December, last January we had a week full of tornado warnings and crazy hail storms here in Nashville.. That was some scary stuff, not to mention the Nashville floods of 2010.. There's been some funky weather patterns the past few years. The tornadoes are what scare me though!
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:48 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,684 Posts
Haha... If global warming brings me any more cold weather I'd hate to see what a cooling looks like.
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:50 PM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Haha... If global warming brings me any more cold weather I'd hate to see what a cooling looks like.
I'm just happy I'm not still in Chicago, last year was mild, but their winters can get brutal! Being up in AK, I'm pretty sure you know a thing or two about the cold!
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:04 PM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,364 Posts
Finally just got power restored here in Little Rock from the snow/ice/sleet storm that came through on Christmas! Power came back about 8pm. Went off at about 8pm on dec. 25.
Somedays I am incredibly thankful for the toys I have from being in this hobby. My little 2000 watt generator that I bought strictly for RC use saved us in this 4 day power outage. Was able to keep the heat on, and the fridge running. No tv or Internet the whole time but the necessities were covered thankfully!
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:15 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,863 Posts
Glad to hear you have power back! I know the feeling, as my 2000 watt generator did the same thing during Hurricane Sandy.
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:02 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
I'm just happy I'm not still in Chicago, last year was mild, but their winters can get brutal! Being up in AK, I'm pretty sure you know a thing or two about the cold!
It's kind of a wildcard here... Last year lots of snow. This year super long cold spells. When its clear and cold at least the wind don't blow.
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:09 AM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,124 Posts
Going Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
I think that the Goverment should pay for 25 Percent of our planes if we go Electric!! Lol
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:20 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
I think that the Goverment should pay for 25 Percent of our planes if we go Electric!! Lol
That works for me, but don't get the government to thinking that our planes cause pollution....We have enough problems with that kind of stuff in California!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:21 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
that is exactly what global warming brings, unusual weather patterns, a renewed ice age in Europe as the gulf steam warms
"Global warming" stopped in 1998 and we've been in a flat to cooling phase since... I don't consider any weather unusual, it's happened before less or worse somewhere, sometime. We've only been keeping official detailed records for a relatively short time.

The only thing we have to worry about (is) another Mini-Ice Age, which historically has happened repeatedly. That could really ruin RC Flying days...

Myself, I long for the days when Greenland was actually green, bare. Just think how many more P-38's could be found and restored. Maybe some bombers too!

This weather here and in 2010 is like it was when I was a kid playing in lots of snow that stayed all winter. 61-69 we had lots of winters with snow repeating every 3-4 days and never getting a chance to melt off. You did get a (January Thaw) sometimes, but then more snow for the next 2-3 months.

Our Pittsburgh NWS office recently gave us an Online Webinar for our Skywarn snowfall reporting and they had a chart that did indeed show that the 60's was a peak snowy time, well above averages, so we Really Did walk to school in 3 ft of snow, Up hill both ways! Somehow I still managed to fly some Cox Control line planes back then.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:25 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
Finally just got power restored here in Little Rock from the snow/ice/sleet storm that came through on Christmas! Power came back about 8pm. Went off at about 8pm on dec. 25.
Somedays I am incredibly thankful for the toys I have from being in this hobby. My little 2000 watt generator that I bought strictly for RC use saved us in this 4 day power outage. Was able to keep the heat on, and the fridge running. No tv or Internet the whole time but the necessities were covered thankfully!
Good to hear Ryan!

Remember, you can always use 6S 5000's and a USB Charger to stay alive!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:35 AM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
Everyone always picks on Chicago, Chicago this, Chicago that,,,,,Chicago bang bang
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:44 AM
A tale of two slickies
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Feb 2010
443 Posts
It's a great place to live. Of course as I say this I am on a plane to Palm Springs...
0gravity is offline Find More Posts by 0gravity
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:54 AM
Once u go yak u never go back
Erie, PA
Joined Mar 2005
1,290 Posts
Who else should I contact to ask a question about a 3DHS plane? Should I call? I've heard they don't answer the phone alot of times.
marksextra is offline Find More Posts by marksextra
Last edited by marksextra; Dec 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:01 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,458 Posts
Noll / horton here on rcg. What's your question maybe we can help.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:02 AM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0gravity View Post
It's a great place to live. Of course as I say this I am on a plane to Palm Springs...
Gotta love the weather this time of year in Palm Springs!
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot