HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:43 PM
The Best or Nothing
RustyT3FT's Avatar
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2008
221 Posts
Pull-Pull rudder rigging help...

Where can I go to buy some stainless steel braided line by the foot? Hardware, fishing supply etc...? I need some for my 42" slick... Thanks

I thought about just using braided fishing line.
RustyT3FT is online now Find More Posts by RustyT3FT
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:02 PM
Honeybadger don't care...
Luv3d's Avatar
Orlando, FL
Joined May 2010
1,466 Posts
LHS? or tower hobbies...?
Luv3d is online now Find More Posts by Luv3d
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:25 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
quadracer's Avatar
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,484 Posts
I'd say a hardware store would have some bigger cable. Try Lowe's.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:44 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
rdcskkrose's Avatar
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
1,972 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on one of these with the 35cc DLE. Gonna be a fun summer!

http://www.aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=518

WAAHOOO!
rdcskkrose is online now Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:10 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
quadracer's Avatar
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,484 Posts
If anyone has a 70A-90A HV ESC (preferably not CC...) to get rid of, let me know.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:29 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,808 Posts
Never got to fly... Spent 4 hours on the Cub Cadet. Plowed about 10 driveway ends and cleared their mailboxes. Plowed 4 driveways and the CR and the Subdivision street! Slid off once and got stuck, some people happened by and helped me push it out with it in creeper gear. Even chains and weights on ice didn't help that time. Next one is going to be all Hydraulics. Manual controls is too hard to plow that much.


Snowing again now, maybe another 1" tonight, and just found out Monday and Tuesday, another 1-2" again... Going to turn super cold this next week.


I did manage to order that 50mm Mini YF-22 I had been looking at, price dropped, so shopping Batts for it now.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:34 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Never got to fly... Spent 4 hours on the Cub Cadet. Plowed about 10 driveway ends and cleared their mailboxes. Plowed 4 driveways and the CR and the Subdivision street! Slid off once and got stuck, some people happened by and helped me push it out with it in creeper gear. Even chains and weights on ice didn't help that time. Next one is going to be all Hydraulics. Manual controls is too hard to plow that much.


Snowing again now, maybe another 1" tonight, and just found out Monday and Tuesday, another 1-2" again... Going to turn super cold this next week.

I did manage to order that 50mm Mini YF-22 I had been looking at, price dropped, so shopping Batts for it now.

Dang Warren! It's chilly here but nothing like what you've got going down!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:47 PM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
I have a NIP EF air boss 80, I'm not sure if it is HV enough for you though. It is only rated for 6s...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
If anyone has a 70A-90A HV ESC (preferably not CC...) to get rid of, let me know.
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:47 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
goflyhighrc's Avatar
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyT3FT View Post
Pull-Pull rudder rigging help...

Where can I go to buy some stainless steel braided line by the foot? Hardware, fishing supply etc...? I need some for my 42" slick... Thanks

I thought about just using braided fishing line.

Fishing Tackle Store.
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:53 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
quadracer's Avatar
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
I have a NIP EF air boss 80, I'm not sure if it is HV enough for you though. It is only rated for 6s...
Nah, I'm running 12S on my heli. Thanks though!
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:42 PM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
USA, VA, Narrows
Joined Mar 2009
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Nah, I'm running 12S on my heli. Thanks though!
Sent you a pm.
skippy78 is offline Find More Posts by skippy78
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:08 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Dang Warren! It's chilly here but nothing like what you've got going down!
This is the Snowiest December I can remember. All in 3 days, with more coming Mon and Tues... Usually it hits next week or in early Feb.

Must be too much Global Warming out there goin on......
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:20 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
This is the Snowiest December I can remember. All in 3 days, with more coming Mon and Tues... Usually it hits next week or in early Feb.

Must be too much Global Warming out there goin on......
LOL!! All that global warming...
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:29 PM
Registered User
wedoitall's Avatar
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
LOL!! All that global warming...
wish they would send some ot that my way, with no rain.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:39 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
This is the Snowiest December I can remember. All in 3 days, with more coming Mon and Tues... Usually it hits next week or in early Feb.

Must be too much Global Warming out there goin on......
that is exactly what global warming brings, unusual weather patterns, a renewed ice age in Europe as the gulf steam warms
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM