SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:01 PM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
3,924 Posts
Anybody know what the deal is at 3DHS. I've been waiting over 3 months to order a new (edit: replacement) 42 Slick. It read on the site for a very long time due early December. now it's just says put me on the waiting list. Dude I been waiting a loooooong time already. I could have driven to china and back by now. LOL Seriously I can hold my breath a really loooong time. But waiting on the Slick is getting old.
Liberty10 is offline Find More Posts by Liberty10
Last edited by Liberty10; Dec 10, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:15 PM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
Anybody know what the deal is at 3DHS. I've been waiting over 3 months to order a new 42 Slick. It read on the site for a very long time due early December. now it's just says put me on the waiting list. Dude I been waiting a loooooong time already. I could have driven to china and back by now. LOL Seriously I can hold my breath a really loooong time. But waiting on the Slick is getting old.
It's the game we all play in this hobby... Those boats don't get the crates here overnight...! Ever notice how everything everyone wants is always out of stock! Lol! It's not a 3dhs problem, EF has the same issues! They got their crate of 88" edges a few days ago and last I heard they were gone already!

Patience, and jump on it when it's available. That's all you can do!
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:55 PM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,113 Posts
Then Get a Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
Anybody know what the deal is at 3DHS. I've been waiting over 3 months to order a new 42 Slick. It read on the site for a very long time due early December. now it's just says put me on the waiting list. Dude I been waiting a loooooong time already. I could have driven to china and back by now. LOL Seriously I can hold my breath a really loooong time. But waiting on the Slick is getting old.
Then get another 3DHS. I have yet to hear of anyone being disapointed with any 3DHS plane. They are worth the wait( Even if it is 6-7 Months)
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:15 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,627 Posts
*cough* dan *cough* 41 buck huck *cough*
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:17 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,671 Posts
I think they do it intentionally, knowing that all of us Addicts will cave in and buy something we don't really need or want, just to get our fix. Then when the anticipated item comes available, BAM! Lol

And yes, well worth the wait. Even in my noobness, I am quite satisfied to wait if need be.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:19 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
Nope, haven't flown the crack yak.

I originally was flying the Pitts with an A10-9L on 2s 400, and it was just ridiculously floaty.

Now I've got a Motrolfly DM2205 1800kv on it with 2s 800 and it is sooo much better IMO. GREAT power, and the added weight gives it momentum to fly more aggressively while still being super slow and floaty in harrier. Despite the added weight, it feels very crisp and rigid. Easily gets 7 minute flights as well.

It has zero coupling... the only sort of weird thing about it is the rudder authority. It will knife edge with just the tiniest rudder input, and it's easy to give too much. Now that I am used to it I am having a blast though... tightest KE loops ever. So far everyone I've let fly it says they want one.
Sigh... So not what I was hoping you'd say.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:23 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
I had the same experience with the rudder on the crack yak. I have mine set at 50% travel.. I couldn't even get into a ke spin before I dialed it down! I use the stock setup and like the 3s power and added weight much better than 2s especially outdoors with any wind!
I fly my CY with a Park 300 3s setup and love it too. My rudder barely has any movement to one side because of a bad glue job after I ripped my rudder off but with the crazy rudder authority the plane has it doesn't matter.

I filmed this yesterday... I have maybe 5 degrees of right rudder. It shows in some maneuvers where I get stuck but it's really amazing that it can fly with such limited throw!!

Crack Yak (7 min 15 sec)
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:29 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
I think they do it intentionally, knowing that all of us Addicts will cave in and buy something we don't really need or want, just to get our fix. Then when the anticipated item comes available, BAM! Lol

And yes, well worth the wait. Even in my noobness, I am quite satisfied to wait if need be.
Only thing I have "any" intention of buying in the near to mid future is two "Bigfoot" (Bigfeet?)

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:32 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Only thing I have "any" intention of buying in the near to mid future is two "Bigfoot" (Bigfeet?)

SteveT
I was looking at the Aviat website. the full scale husky's specs make me want to start selling my organs to get a license and one of their 180hp models. take off roll is 200 feet, range at 130 mph is supposedly 800 miles.

Irg is online now Find More Posts by Irg
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:35 PM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
3,924 Posts
No thanks on the edge I have a great one already. I really did want to replace the 42 because it's a great size for a certain DC park. But now I'm thinking I might sell the wings and power system and just stick to the foamies downtown.
Liberty10 is offline Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:40 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
I was looking at the Aviat website. the full scale husky's specs make me want to start selling my organs to get a license and one of their 180hp models. take off roll is 200 feet, range at 130 mph is supposedly 800 miles.

Yup.... it's a nice plane for sure!!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:46 PM
Old Dog learning new tricks~~
United States, PA, East Stroudsburg
Joined Jan 2011
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Yup.... it's a nice plane for sure!!!

SteveT
Hey Steve you could fly that at your Rc field
bradhoke08 is offline Find More Posts by bradhoke08
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:12 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
It's the game we all play in this hobby... Those boats don't get the crates here overnight...! Ever notice how everything everyone wants is always out of stock! Lol! It's not a 3dhs problem, EF has the same issues! They got their crate of 88" edges a few days ago and last I heard they were gone already!

Patience, and jump on it when it's available. That's all you can do!
I personally think it is a production capacity issue... They all do they best they can. If any vendor had this issue under control I might think differently but all of these companies lose money on sales they could have made had there been any in stock. If it was just one firm I'd say it was poor forecasting but since everyone is plagued by it I think there are just only so many ARF producers and everyone has to wait in the queue for their order to be filled. So... for now... cherish the planes you can get your hands on and realize we aren't talking about food, clothes, or shelter. We won't die if we can't get our ARF exactly when we want it. I am confident that Ben and company are doing everything they can to keep the ARFs flowing over here!
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:21 PM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I personally think it is a production capacity issue... They all do they best they can. If any vendor had this issue under control I might think differently but all of these companies lose money on sales they could have made had there been any in stock. If it was just one firm I'd say it was poor forecasting but since everyone is plagued by it I think there are just only so many ARF producers and everyone has to wait in the queue for their order to be filled. So... for now... cherish the planes you can get your hands on and realize we aren't talking about food, clothes, or shelter. We won't die if we can't get our ARF exactly when we want it. I am confident that Ben and company are doing everything they can to keep the ARFs flowing over here!
I agree... I'm sure these companies don't enjoy the majority of their catalog being out of stock most of the year!
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:45 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhoke08 View Post
Hey Steve you could fly that at your Rc field
As I was not there, I am not sure which full size planes they were, but there have been a few full size aircraft brought in for various airshows at out field...

Edit.....found a couple of them...a Zlin Savage Cub.... and the Santa Clara County Sheriff Helicopter....Click on the Airshow 2009 tab...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Dec 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM.