HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:53 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,988 Posts
Double post.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,816 Posts
Finished up my Edge today..... balanced perfectly with the A50-14XS and 5S 4000mAH packs with the back end of the battery right at the end of the back of the motor box. These packs might be a bit heavy for some, but as I am not an accomplished 3D Pilot, they will do until I can get some 3600's or something like that. Right now I have a Xoar 15X8 on it, but may try a Xoar 16X7, both of these props are the sizes of props suggested by Aero-Model (though they actually suggested APC)....so we'll see....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:13 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,816 Posts
...
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Dec 10, 2012 at 01:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:39 AM
I AM Smiling
DeadStick Dave's Avatar
Joined Dec 2007
372 Posts
Common Sense RC has an excellent battery education section. It comers most everything you want to know including how to get the most out of your LiPo's.

http://batteryuniversity.com/
DeadStick Dave is offline Find More Posts by DeadStick Dave
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:28 AM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Me flying my vyper bype! Watch in hd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY0WWeGj_YU
Great flying!

I've been getting a lot of time in on my TwistedHobbies Crack Pitts, and I've got bipe fever. Can you (or anybody else) compare the Byper to the 51" Slick for me?

I love my Slick, but it's just different than my other planes... super stable in upright harrier and hover, but I find when I am doing other things it isn't as forgiving as the rest of my fleet.

I have occasional thoughts of stripping the gear for a Byper, and of course keeping the 51 as backup. Can't hardly find time for all the planes I have now, and I can't see spending money on another power system in that size at the moment.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:08 AM
Old Dog learning new tricks~~
bradhoke08's Avatar
United States, PA, East Stroudsburg
Joined Jan 2011
351 Posts
I switched from using AeroFly 5.5 for Mac to Real Flight 6.5 for PC and hooked it up to my TV. Wow what a difference, I really like Real Flight

Hey Steve T, with out me surfing the pages, what is your airfield again

and one last thing...... What is the best 3DHS plane to download and where do I get it from??

Thanks Again
Brad
bradhoke08 is offline Find More Posts by bradhoke08
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:14 AM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhoke08 View Post
I switched from using AeroFly 5.5 for Mac to Real Flight 6.5 for PC and hooked it up to my TV. Wow what a difference, I really like Real Flight

Hey Steve T, with out me surfing the pages, what is your airfield again

and one last thing...... What is the best 3DHS plane to download and where do I get it from??

Thanks Again
Brad
Steve's is Santa Clara I believe.. Tominator makes a few good models, I like his gas slick. You can find all that stuff here http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:15 AM
Old Dog learning new tricks~~
bradhoke08's Avatar
United States, PA, East Stroudsburg
Joined Jan 2011
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
Steve's is Santa Clara I believe.. Tominator makes a few good models, I like his gas slick. You can find all that stuff here http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php
Ok Thanks!! I will check it out
bradhoke08 is offline Find More Posts by bradhoke08
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:18 AM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhoke08 View Post
I switched from using AeroFly 5.5 for Mac to Real Flight 6.5 for PC and hooked it up to my TV. Wow what a difference, I really like Real Flight

Hey Steve T, with out me surfing the pages, what is your airfield again

and one last thing...... What is the best 3DHS plane to download and where do I get it from??

Thanks Again
Brad
I'm not gonna do ALL the legwork for ya, but here is my favorite.

That file is an AV (Aircraft Variant). This means you need to download the EA (Entire Aircraft) that it is based on, and import it first. It is linked as "Requires:" on the page I gave above.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:25 AM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
I'm not gonna do ALL the legwork for ya, but here is my favorite.

That file is an AV (Aircraft Variant). This means you need to download the EA (Entire Aircraft) that it is based on, and import it first. It is linked as "Requires:" on the page I gave above.
Yeah, get that one- that's the one I was talking about!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:33 AM
Team 3DHS
joesmith285's Avatar
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Finished up my Edge today..... balanced perfectly with the A50-14XS and 5S 4000mAH packs with the back end of the battery right at the end of the back of the motor box. These packs might be a bit heavy for some, but as I am not an accomplished 3D Pilot, they will do until I can get some 3600's or something like that. Right now I have a Xoar 15X8 on it, but may try a Xoar 16X7, both of these props are the sizes of props suggested by Aero-Model (though they actually suggested APC)....so we'll see....

SteveT
I switched mine to a 5s 3000 instead of 6s. I have a falcon 15x7 on it and I still think it has too much power.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:40 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
Great flying!

I've been getting a lot of time in on my TwistedHobbies Crack Pitts, and I've got bipe fever. Can you (or anybody else) compare the Byper to the 51" Slick for me?

I love my Slick, but it's just different than my other planes... super stable in upright harrier and hover, but I find when I am doing other things it isn't as forgiving as the rest of my fleet.

I have occasional thoughts of stripping the gear for a Byper, and of course keeping the 51 as backup. Can't hardly find time for all the planes I have now, and I can't see spending money on another power system in that size at the moment.
Have you flown the Crack Yak? If so, how would you compare the Crack Yak to the Crack Pitts? I'm tempted to get the Pitts but I keep struggling with whether I really need another foamie or not.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:51 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Have you flown the Crack Yak? If so, how would you compare the Crack Yak to the Crack Pitts? I'm tempted to get the Pitts but I keep struggling with whether I really need another foamie or not.
I'm getting the crack yak mini when it comes out. Should be before christmas. It'll be 22''.

Most will say the crack pitts is like the crack yak but does everything slower.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:04 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
I'm getting the crack yak mini when it comes out. Should be before christmas. It'll be 22''.

Most will say the crack pitts is like the crack yak but does everything slower.
Is the CY mini targeted for indoor flying mainly? I don't really understand the point of just having a smaller version when I can already fly it in my yard...
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:08 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Is the CY mini targeted for indoor flying mainly? I don't really understand the point of just having a smaller version when I can already fly it in my yard...
I guess it is. I know i'll be flying mine in my house. I can do harriers in my house with the standard size so the mini should be able to do rollers in the house

Crack Yak Mini Teaser (0 min 55 sec)


Mini 1 (1 min 7 sec)


I got to fly a 3dhs 48 epp extra yesterday and that thing is a really good practice plane. Flies very true. I might get one of those too or the skywing MXS. I know you have/had the yak though.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM